lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

The verses are awful, sorry. I might end up liking the song after a while cause I loved the chorus but honestly the verses feel choppy and unimaginative... I hate the you got the music in you sounds like a teeny pop song :smokes3:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

West Coast Lyrics

Down on the West Coast, they got a sayin’
If you’re not drinking, then you’re not playing
But you’ve got the music, you’ve got the music in you
Don’t you?

Down on the West Coast, I get this feeling like it all could happen
That’s why I’m leaving you for the moment, you for the moment
Boy blue.
Yeah you

It’s getting harder to show it
I’m feeling hot to the touch
You say you miss me
And I always say I miss you so much
But something keeps me really quiet
I’m alive, I’m a lush
Your love, your love, your love

CHORUS

I can see my baby swinging
His parliaments on fire and hands are up . On the balcony and I’m sayin
Ooh baby,
Ooh baby
I’m in love
I can see my sweet boy swayin
He’s crazy [?] my only love.
On the balcony and I’m saying
Ooh baby
Ooh baby
I’m in love
I’m in love
I’m in love

(Mic check 1,2…)

Down on the west coast, they got their icons
Their silver starlights, their queens of saigons
And you got the music, you got the music in you
Don’t you?

Down on the west coast, they love their movies
Their golden gods and rock-n’-roll groupies
And you got the music, you got the music in you, don’t you?

You push me harder for the way
I’m feeling hot and on fire
I guess I know and how to be and make it feel that much higher
They all say ? boy it’s you I desire
Your love, your love, your love

I agree that the lyrics aren't the best she's ever written, but they're still better than a lot! And the sexy, ethereal, hypnotic, trippy, beautiful production makes up for it. I think it's out of this world.

I also think many of you are praising it to death because you JUST heard it for the first time.

okay yeah its one thing not to like it but to complain about other people liking it? thats just dumb....

I don't understand  whats coming on may 18th. West Coast was released today, so why they say it its coming till may 18th, can someone explain me?

the official single release (for itunes and stuff like that)

i76mrxw.png 

Even after an hour of listening, I am still loving it. I feel sorry those that don't like it tbqh cos I think it's a brilliant song. I think the verses and chorus go really well together, kinda like the verses are the high, and the chorus is the comedown. It makes me really really excited for the album.

bdp3ck.jpg2yor1x4.jpg

Guest Dot

I love it, and it's not because I'm hearing it for the first time, because sometimes I can get hyped up for music and become immediately disappointed from it (e.g. Swine and Do What U Want by Gaga), I love it because it's so different and I gotta disagree with you here @@Ultraviolence, the transition from the verse to the pre-chorus to the chorus is amazing and it's super beautiful. But I get what you mean, I just think the genre is really really different from what you were expecting. But as a fan of The Black Keys, I hoped she would crossover into more of their gene and she did and I'm really, really happy. I think it's beautiful and super sexy, from the beachy drums to the synths and the guitars, I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love...

You ALWAYS disagree with everything and always mention when using a negative example, so that's not really surprising for me, lol :hottie:

Im actually loving West Coast. When I heard it for the first time I was like: omg, what's this? but when the chorous arrived I fell in love instantly. 

You may say I'm crazy, but Driving In Cars With Boys would fit so good on Ultraviolence IF all the songs are like WC.

You ALWAYS disagree with everything and always mention when using a negative example, so that's not really surprising for me, lol :hottie:

Uh, I didn't mention anything negative about you + if you don't like it, I don't care, I'm just saying how I feel about the song and that happens to be different from what you think, and that's totally fine. Don't sassy gif me.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Guest Dot

And to those who complain about me expressing my opinion here:

People have been hating on Paradise and Born to Die this whole entire time, because it wasn't their genre. I'm glad for those who finally got the genre-change they wanted from Lana but I'm not gonna pretend liking something that is not my cup of tea just like people did when Paradise came out.

If she releases Ultraviolence the album earlier or at the same time as West Coast the single then I don't think it's a stupid marketing decision to release the single May 18, just a pragmatic one, but I never understood the logic of releasing singles before the album, tbh. On the other hand no Ultraviolence till well after the West Coast release as a single wouldn't make sense to me.

The song is interesting as a departure for her (one wonders how many departures she has). It's not a bad song, but doesn't exceed the best of her leaks for me. There's an intentional retro vibe a la Summer Wine and possibly the Doors (a la the familiar snythetic moog-flute like sound at the end). The vocal arrangements are good. How it fits with the whole of the UV sound is the next mystery to be revealed.

Guest Dot

Uh, I didn't mention anything negative about you + if you don't like it, I don't care, I'm just saying how I feel about the song and that happens to be different from what you think, and that's totally fine. Don't sassy gif me.

:hooker: :hottie: :oopna: