lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mosr1tMI7xk

:/ so needledrop reviewed west coast

It's a ridiculous review. He reused all the stupid cliches about Lana.Tropico will always be a weak link I blame Mandler for it.  :creep: He compared WEST COAST with ARTPOP?   :facepalm:   But here is an recent Lanalysis worth reading http://www.3ammagazine.com/3am/lana-del-reys-american-dream/

I can't even watch the West Coast review. Just another sorry Anti-Lana Gaga Stan worried Gagz will get booed off in Williamsburg again. :hillary:

Also, did anyone else get a sense that there's a disconnection between Lana and some of her past themes besides the drinkin' lyric?

Like when she mentions the queens of Saigons and the groupies, she's no longer identifying herself with that, she's an outsider to the West Coast subculture, and yeah, she's curious about it all still, but she's so sucked into this free-bird, Cuban sweet-boy. Sure, they could be out doing what everyone in the West Coast is, but they're having their fun elsewhere.

I don't know, if that's how she meant to deliver some of those elements, I'd say that's a pretty big deal in the case of evolving artistically.

I can't even watch the West Coast review. Just another sorry Anti-Lana Gaga Stan worried Gagz will get booed off in Williamsburg again. :hilary:

Also, did anyone else get a sense that there's a disconnection between Lana and some of her past themes besides the drinkin' lyric?

Like when she mentions the queens of Saigons and the groupies, she's no longer identifying herself with that, she's an outsider to the West Coast subculture, and yeah, she's curious about it all still, but she's so sucked into this free-bird, Cuban sweet-boy. Sure, they could be out doing what everyone in the West Coast is, but they're having their fun elsewhere.

I don't know, if that's how she meant to deliver some of those elements, I'd say that's a pretty big deal in the case of evolving artistically.

I think the Queen of Saigon reference is used in the same way as before, though. In NA, irony was used pretty heavily to criticize excess and wealth and in WC, she's using the symbol of the materialistic queen of nothing in the same way. 

But yes, I think the lyrics are definitely an evolution.

It's a ridiculous review. He reused all the stupid cliches about Lana.Tropico will always be a weak link I blame Mandler for it. :creep: He compared WEST COAST with ARTPOP? :facepalm: But here is an recent Lanalysis worth reading http://www.3ammagazine.com/3am/lana-del-reys-american-dream/

Hes just another butt hurt Gaga fan. Nothing more. That fan base is so horrific i cant even comprehend their stupidity, so few of them have brains.

Yes, this is exactly what I think! In NA, she was signing about being the Queen of Saigon, but now she is watching other girls be QoS. It's like she's taken a step back from the Born to Die era and is sort of singing about the era from an outsider's perspective.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i was reading the meltdowns over the song when it was released, and mess at one person complaining the whole time .... 

Dan Auerbach Mix :
https://soundcloud.com/igapromotion/lana-del-rey-west-coast-dan-auerbach-mix-radio-edit

Is that the version that will be played on radio ?

yeah thats pretty much sure, inb4 they made it for nothing 

Getting more and more hooked to this song the more I listen to it. Not one I loved right away but opinion has definitely grown after many more listens. Still think the choruses are far superior to the verses though.

It's a ridiculous review. He reused all the stupid cliches about Lana.Tropico will always be a weak link I blame Mandler for it.  :creep: He compared WEST COAST with ARTPOP?   :facepalm:   But here is an recent Lanalysis worth reading http://www.3ammagazine.com/3am/lana-del-reys-american-dream/

Thanks for the link - and to think all of the haters think Lana is just a vacuous bimbo. :defeated:

Im not sure if this has been said before bc I'm not looking through the entire thread, but is it only me who thinks of the ending of JFK when Lana does the 'your love, your love, your loooooooooove'?

Woah! I just noticed that Lana kinda hinted "West Coast" in an old interview for radio.com last year in august...

Speaking of, are you working on any new music right now?

Lana: I was until my record got leaked last week, ‘cause my life is like completely invaded. But yeah, I’m writing songs that I really like right now. They’re really low-key and stripped back, all sort of West Coast inspired. The further along I’ve gotten, the more I stay working with like the same four people. Like Dan [Daniel Heath, who co-wrote “Blue Jeans”], who’s not into pop music but rather, a composer for scores and studied under Hans Zimmer. Him and my boyfriend Barrie [barrie-James O'Neill, of Glasgow folk-rock band Kassidy]. But I want to work with Lou Reed, and I’d like to kind of keep things low-key and cool.

:deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

EQFO7rX.png

They just played West Coast on the radio here in Austria! :party: Ok, it was part of the "Online Charts" (#27) but still. I don't know why but I was literally shaking. Btw it wasn't the Dan Auerbach mix but maybe this version hasn't been sent to the radio stations yet, idk.

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Im not sure if this has been said before bc I'm not looking through the entire thread, but is it only me who thinks of the ending of JFK when Lana does the 'your love, your love, your loooooooooove'?

Now that you mention it, it is a little similar. But West Coast (the "I'm feeling hot to the touch..." part) reminds me more of Burning Desire (when she sings "I'm driving fast...").