lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

@@SitarHero I was just trying to contain it all to this one West Coast thread but you're right, there's a lot to read. You can just rename the 'Lana shoots new video in LA' thread to 'MUSIC VIDEO: West Coast' or something since it's relevant- but can't you be more civil about it instead of flashing that size 9000 font at me?

And I believe VEVO and the directors that it's def out in the next 7 days for sure

@@SitarHero I was just trying to contain it all to this one West Coast thread but you're right, there's a lot to read. You can just rename the 'Lana shoots new video in LA' thread to 'MUSIC VIDEO: West Coast' or something since it's relevant- but can't you be more civil about it instead of flashing that size 9000 font at me?

And I believe VEVO and the directors that it's def out in the next 7 days for sure

Somehow we'll all get by :sideeye: thx

Can someone who's got the situation under control just PM me all versions of West Coast, thank you? <3 I'm trawlin' for clues here. :lmao:

SAME HERE!

I hope you remember me like this, smoking cigarettes in my sundress.

I got into my car and drove in the freeway

Got a lot of traffic

Oh look a guy changing a tire

And I see my boy

And we're gonna have hot hot hot hot

Sex

:hair:

What kinda jam?

Honestly that does sound like something Lana could write...

1olt2g.jpg

UGH, I HATE the new mix on itunes.

I highly doubt people will spend their hard earn coins on that bad quality mess.

Hope it flops.  :hooker:

Interscope their messy ways.

Why cant they keep that filtered mess for RADIO ONLY or release that edit separately and keep the flawless SMOOTH DREAMY original.

the new mix is AWFUL. Every thing is sharp to the point that it's like needles jabbing to my ear drums.

The Chorus is a disaster. It's too sharp. it sounds too FILTERED too crisp. 

She sounds like a GOD DAMN FROG on slow motion for god's sake.

Who the HELL approve that mess.

IF they want to clean up the vocals why can't they professionally remaster the vocals.

It legit sounds like they edit the new mix with a cheap 99cent iphone app and send it straight back to the store.

PRAYING that the official video contains the original audio NOT that mess.

I'm done/disappointed with this era before it begins.

Seriously, It makes me PHYSICALLY uncomfortable listening to the new mix.

I feel suffocated, squeezed, squashed, strangled even when the chorus hits.

And let's not forget the dying sound when she sings "your Looveeeeee" the low one right next to the high. She sounds like she's dying in the new mix.

The original did an amazing job of masking it.

Now she sounds REALLY nasally on the verses.

Horrendous.

I can't imagine ANYONE buying that new mix and listening to it comfortably without feeling weird and chocked.

Interscope fucked it up so bad.

They were very quick and smart to replace "Ride" and "Burning Desire" with a buttery smooth soft to the ears better quality one.

why are they so DUMB now? Replace a great smooth song with a rather Jarring SHARP version. My god.

^ That's a bit harsh isn't it  :usrs:

The new mix' biggest downfall (among  quite a few smaller ones) is the fact that the harmonies are louder than the base melody in the chorus, but listen to West Coast live, Lana sings the higher harmonies instead of the base melody.

Try listening to West Coast new mix then listen to something like "Blue Velvet"

The UTTER shock.

The difference in vocal mixing is just ......

Rant over. :-*

Interscope never had a strategy about her from the beginning and that says it all about the manufactured artist BS. BTD sold well because it's a damn good album and not because they did some special promo with it. They booked her on SNL and Letterman, the only big promo they did with her, and that was horribly managed. They didn't prepared her for SNL and we all know how it ended. She's reluctant to do promo in the US for obvious reasons but to mismanage  a release in this manner is just bad business for everybody involved. To not have from the beginning one version for radio, one for downloading and streaming it's just unprofessional. I have a bad felling about the video and I think that it will have a negligible impact on her sells and the whole thing is shifting in an anticlimax. WC is good for radio and it could have been a major hit in the US but Interscope did everything to kill the damn thing. I just hope that I'm wrong because I really like the song.

And don't illusion yourself, she doesn't have the option to stay small. If UV will not be a smash hit she will be ripped apart by her haters from the US media and I don't see how she'll survive a second hate campaign. The haters kept a low profile because WC was so good and sounded different from BTD but wait for their fiendish writings when UV will come out. It's incredible the amount of hatred some online taste-makers have against her and she's not that strong

Try listening to West Coast new mix then listen to something like "Blue Velvet"

The UTTER shock.

The difference in vocal mixing is just ......

Rant over. :-*

You could've just condensed all of that into one post instead of making people scroll through all that mess  :facepalm:

Is it all down to Interscope or is it the radio stations themselves? I understand they played the remix of Summertime Sadness but Lana's other songs never really get played on US radio. It seems like she's frozen out.