I really like this version of Sugar and the Christina demo way more than the original...Always secretly praying for Kitten to go organic again

That or full-on Why I Wait stuff

I really like the 80's blend of electric guitar and synth! I like all 3 Kitten styles though. Really they can pull off any sound.

I really like the 80's blend of electric guitar and synth! I like all 3 Kitten styles though. Really they can pull off any sound.

True but I don't want a rehash you know? I still go ALL KINDS OF OFF every time Like a Stranger plays

But there was one interview recently where Chloe kinda said something about going back to the basics...Like you said though honestly any Kitten song is basically good.

EXCEPT Bandayde :deadbanana:

True but I don't want a rehash you know? I still go ALL KINDS OF OFF every time Like a Stranger plays

But there was one interview recently where Chloe kinda said something about going back to the basics...Like you said though honestly any Kitten song is basically good.

EXCEPT Bandayde :deadbanana:

Bandayde sounds almost exactly like Kreayshawn's early stuff. The one song I keep out of every playlist, but I hella like it on it's own.

A couple months ago, Chloe also us asked on twitter if we'd like an acoustic EP. I wonder if she's doing that.

OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

GUYS.

@SitarHero @comeintomybedroom @cartoon eyes @omgitsandrew

"Apples and Cigarettes" is a metaphor for total opposites, good and bad, healthy and unhealthy. The guy Chloe is singing about is Apples and she's Cigarettes. He never took advantage of her but she wishes he did. They are in middle or high school and are being told by the preachers not to have sex. Chloe (the bad influence; cigs) wants to have sex, but Apples (the moral "goodie" boy) wants to wait.

That's what the whole thing is about Chloe chanting "As we wait, they tell us what we already know, then hesitate, "Can't you move a little bit faster!?"". She's begging him to experiment with her but he won't go to far. 

Guys please tell me, am I totally crazy? Did any of you already know that's what this song is about? Did ALL of you know and I'm slow?

OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD.

GUYS.

@@SitarHero @@comeintomybedroom @@cartoon eyes @

"Apples and Cigarettes" is a metaphor for total opposites, good and bad, healthy and unhealthy. The guy Chloe is singing about is Apples and she's Cigarettes. He never took advantage of her but she wishes he did. They are in middle or high school and are being told by the preachers not to have sex. Chloe (the bad influence; cigs) wants to have sex, but Apples (the moral "goodie" boy) wants to wait.

That's what the whole thing is about Chloe chanting "As we wait, they tell us what we already know, then hesitate, "Can't you move a little bit faster!?"". She's begging him to experiment with her but he won't go to far. 

Guys please tell me, am I totally crazy? Did any of you already know that's what this song is about? Did ALL of you know and I'm slow?

and BTW I wish I came to this revelation before I made this fan art. Although, it kind of pre-emptively fits my new interpretation of the song)

Screen_Shot_2014_09_30_at_1_21_45_AM.png

Save the Catholic boys from me :hdu:

omg wait I got it wrong ugh... She's at confession... He gave her a bible "that book you gave me, I swear i read it but I only really thought of you". She has a total crush on this priest! And she wanted him to take advantage of her but obvi he didn't because he's not a pedo. 

I was a catholic boy, I should've known this...

I still like my original interpretation better though :

edit: wait I changed my mind again. He's just a teacher. And she has a crush on him. AND OMG. TEACHERS. APPLES. UGH.

It all makes sense now and I'm so embarrassed. 

Mess I think it's just a dude her age who is religious (I'd like to be your cathedral)

Mess I think it's just a dude her age who is religious (I'd like to be your cathedral)

WAIT I was right the first time? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

You totally had me over-thinking it omg...

edit: ohh but you knew the whole time didn't you... Whatever, we all get lyrics at different points in our lives. TBH I think they are pretty complex and interesting. I should analyze them more!  :flutter:

WAIT I was right the first time? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

You totally had me over-thinking it omg...

edit: ohh but you knew the whole time didn't you... Whatever, we all get lyrics at different points in our lives. TBH I think they are pretty complex and interesting. I should analyze them more!  :flutter:

I hadn't really thought about it actually, I was just adding the lyric from Catholic Boys because I thought it supported your theory :toofunny: I think the message of Apples and Cigarettes is p straightforward but I like what you said about the symbolism in the title, it makes sense

Ugh I'm cram-listening to the whole discography 'cause I noticed a few songs say "you're 33" and I'm checking for possible connections to the guy she's referring to.

Oh interesting! Science and Regret and Money right? Kittenalysis in the making you guys

I'm interested in her lesbian themes idk bout y'all

I hadn't really thought about it actually, I was just adding the lyric from Catholic Boys because I thought it supported your theory :toofunny: I think the message of Apples and Cigarettes is p straightforward but I like what you said about the symbolism in the title, it makes sense

Oh interesting! Science and Regret and Money right? Kittenalysis in the making you guys

I'm interested in her lesbian themes idk bout y'all

omg this was a really big misunderstanding caused mostly by me not knowing the song "Catholic Boys" very well lol... I listened to it a long time ago and liked it but don't have a download of it! I should look it up, I want to hear it again now.

I totally had no idea you were quoting a song haha.

Ok now I feel good about my interpretation and even more embarrassed about my second guessing hahaha. (maybe I shouldn't have smoked and then came on the forum... But that's how I realized the apples and cigarettes metaphor in the title lol.

Going through Cathedral's lyrics, I actually got a lot of things I didn't get before that should have been straight forward... (I had no idea what she was ripping open with a plastic knife before... I thought it was about drugs..) 

Is she still with her girlfriend?

Her what? :toofunny:

omg this was a really big misunderstanding caused mostly by me not knowing the song "Catholic Boys" very well lol... I listened to it a long time ago and liked it but don't have a download of it! I should look it up, I want to hear it again now.

I totally had no idea you were quoting a song haha.

Ok now I feel good about my interpretation and even more embarrassed about my second guessing hahaha. (maybe I shouldn't have smoked and then came on the forum... But that's how I realized the apples and cigarettes metaphor in the title lol.

Going through Cathedral's lyrics, I actually got a lot of things I didn't get before that should have been straight forward... (I had no idea what she was ripping open with a plastic knife before... I thought it was about drugs..) 

You are utter trash until you download every unreleased Kitten song and learn all their lyrics and tattoo them on your body!

Her what? :toofunny:

You are utter trash until you download every unreleased Kitten song and learn all their lyrics and tattoo them on your body!

couple months ago, a twitter posted a picture of chloe and some girl hugging and they captioned it chloe and her girlfriend. the account's a pretty reliable fan account. don't make me go look for that tweet

couple months ago, a twitter posted a picture of chloe and some girl hugging and they captioned it chloe and her girlfriend. the account's a pretty reliable fan account. don't make me go look for that tweet

SOS are you sure they didn't mean a friend who is a girl? Just one picture of them hugging? Doesn't seem too reliable.

edit: kjflkzdj;lknv;lknvd, you said HUGGING!!!!  :hdu:

edit again: but read the replies... @hitbymyride lol nah it was a joke. The girl asked to kiss her at a M&G after the show and she said yes 

TBH I think it's just that a lot of their songs are written from the guy's POV. I saw an interview vid from a couple years ago and Chloe seemed pretty boy-crazy at the time  :P

@@iseeyouupsidedown I like your cover art! I hadn't put together the bit about opposites but the gist of the song totally supports it.

"Remember what this looks like when you're 33" ...I never knew what to make of this lyric. It's the age of Jesus when he died. Maybe it's a milestone for some people?

Hey, I'm seeing online that "Science and Regret" used to be song 6 of the Sunday School EP?!? I got it from amazon with just five songs. Is this the same acoustic version (3:23) or is it with bigger production?

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png