Dum Dum

'Ultraviolence' Album Cover Confirmed

Guest Dot

I really preferred the cigarette shot as the album cover. :(

As I already stated in the photographers thread this picture is simply unsuitable as album cover. While I think that it's a beautiful shot I also think it's not going to tempt potential customers to go and and buy the CD. Apart from that, it doesn't look professional or polished at all! The fact that it's quite bland is also what kills the extraordinary title and distracts.

Another issue I have with it is the fact that the bottom of the picture looks kinda ovorloaded and the top left looks extremely empty. Everything just doesn't seem to be in the right place. I just can't imagine this being at the front of my cd jewel case myhead just doesn't want to process it, for some reason.

Guest Dot

Tbh I feel like it looks better with a name.

2syhAwY.jpg  

OMG this!!!

Much more balanced but it still needs some retouching.

OMG this!!!

Much more balanced but it still needs some retouching.

I agree. The image as a whole needs some work

I feel like the tone/contrast should be adjusted because it seems way too gray, and the image is way too LQ for an album cover.

This is very interesting. Has anyone manipulated a high-res version without any of the text? I'd like to play around with it a bit. :yesnod: :pray2:

Also, I know it really wasn't what most people may have been expecting, but I really appreciate this kind of cover...whether it's for the album or the song. I really like the direction she's been going for with the style of the album art, very vintage record sleeve-esque. I adore it. :smile:

I love the simple black and white style. It simply wouldn't fit the album if it were an extremely professional looking, retouched and photoshopped image. She is giving off a natural radiance and beauty. Don't overthink it, it's just organic and calming. This is her transition away from the AKA & BTD eras. What did you guys really expect from Lana after she clearly changes her look/sound drastically for every era...

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I'm still in disbelief that this is the actual album cover its so fucking awful. It looks like a 13-year-old stan got Photoshop for his birthday and was playing around with text after watching a tutorial on YouTube...

I never saw any sources myself, but I recall several times people on here saying that Chuck already shot the cover blah blah blah but this was obviously shot the day of the WC video. Could even be a screen cap from a deleted scene or something... As long as the music slays me I could give a shit about the cover really, but as right now, damn...

I love the simple black and white style. It simply wouldn't fit the album if it were an extremely professional looking, retouched and photoshopped image. She is giving off a natural radiance and beauty. Don't overthink it, it's just organic and calming. This is her transition away from the AKA & BTD eras. What did you guys really expect from Lana after she clearly changes her look/sound drastically for every era...

Once people come to terms with the new look of hers it will be easier to digest imo. Everytime i hear about something new happening, i honestly expect it to look completely LQ with little effort, it's the point of the era, so i'm never hugely disappointing or overly joyed nowdays with her.

The music is really showcasing itself with this era it seems, nothing more.

This is not the album cover! 

I suppose that this is the single cover for "Ultraviolence".

Remember, she first posted a "West Coast" photo, then she reliesed the single.  :)

Personally, I'd like that she continues the album covers as on the BTD and BTD P.E. in a way that suits the mood of ultraviolentness.   :flutter:

I think it looks more unsuitable with her name on it, the cover I'd everything that imagined/wished it would be like. I really think that this album is going to polarise fans

OAjeWdG.jpg?1