Rafael

Lana Del Rey on 96.5 TIC

That's cool. So there's something for everyone. Sort of a different--different sort of vibe. I know your fans will be thrilled. Let's talk about your awesome fans for a minute. Now when I pulled up here they're all lined up there waiting wearing their cute little flower headbands and stuff. Now you know how there's like the Directioners and the Katy Kats and everything. Does your fanbase--Do they have like a silly name?

No. My fans do not have a--No, they don't have a name. They are just... themselves [laughs].

They're too cool. They don't need a name, right?

Cool, yeah [laughs].

That's why I love her

I'm glad we don't have a stupid fucking name. Thats the worst thing to happen to music in the last 10 years.

Yep that's the one that's the worst thing

Cool, so what kind of--like have you had any like, interesting experiences with your fans? Like any memorable things? Any like--

Yeah. I mean honestly every day is memorable. I mean, you know like when I was in Boston two days ago I went out and saw, uhm, everybody and, you know I was there for a couple of hours. I mean I'm usually out there for a couple of hours just saying "Hi", you know? Montreal was a big show, uhm, for us. It was like twelve thousand people, and so--and yeah, and then you know I was doing something afterwards so I didn't get to come out until midnight and there was still a lot of people there.

Doing something, huh ?  :brows: 

Is Jimmy Gnecco still her opener

And i love, that he asked her about Sparkle Jump Rope Queen.  Glad to here something about the Lizzy Grant days, where we have such a thin media coverage.  I await instagram pics soon :smile2:

That's awesome. So, for your fans do you have any thing you can tell us about the album that they don't already know? Any little hints or some cool things that we can expect?

Any little hints? Uhm, I mean I guess I would say like there's not--there's not a kind of running theme through Ultraviolence, but it's more atmospheric. It's more of a general kind of vibe going on. And I don't know I mean I kinda really feel it has a narrative in a way. It starts with my favorite song from the record called "Cruel World". And yeah starts with me and my guitar player from my band wrote it, Blake, and uhm, yeah. Just starts with like these kind of heavy guitars and I like that, 'cause it's sort of symbolically referencing the west coast and from there we kind of move into the parts of Brooklyn, and you know sonically anyways, so yeah.

That was the key part of the interview and that's why she's so controversial. In my view UV is about what she experienced during and after the backlash, at least I hope so. Many of the song tiles are fitting with that theme. But then she says things like "we kind of move into the parts of Brooklyn, and you know sonically anyways" wtf? This is a fine example of what I don't like about her handling of interviews. I'm not a musical expert but is there something called "Brooklyn sound"?!
It's pretty simple, you have to be prepared for the main question "What is UV all about" and you have to give the GP a coherent and satisfactory answer...because you (Lana) really don't need any controversy anymore

And i love, that he asked her about Sparkle Jump Rope Queen.  Glad to here something about the Lizzy Grant days, where we have such a thin media coverage.  I await instagram pics soon :smile2:

Haha soon. You can tell she's never gonna do that. :lel:

I'm content with this interview. at least the reporter knew about UV  :toofunny:

I bet. Yeah, so now you perform--you debut that at Coachella and that was like huge, right?

Yes, yeah. long answers aren't her ~thing, especially in the beginning of interviews

Coming out the second week of June, and yeah I'm just really excited, you know? CONFIRMATION  :woot:  and no soon !

It starts with my favorite song from the record called "Cruel World". And yeah starts with me and my guitar player from my band wrote it, Blake, and uhm, yeah. yes article-2321158-19AB9AAB000005DC-489_634

No. My fans do not have a--No, they don't have a name. They are just... themselves [laughs].

They're too cool. They don't need a name, right?

Cool, yeah [laughs]. I love her so much  :spin: 

It was like twelve thousand people, and so--and yeah, and then you know I was doing something afterwards so I didn't get to come out until midnight and there was still a lot of people there. Barrie ?... or... Jimmy ? or...... BLAKE?? :cuteface: 

I do. I do have actual sparkle jump ropes. I'm like--I'm a collector of many things. That is one of the things. actually something I've always wanted to know, slay me with an instagram pic Lana  :dance:

We need water and potato chips. A must have for sure. she should hire me as a tour manager. I know that only Diet Coke and Diet Mountain Dew are real to her  :agree: 

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

That was the key part of the interview and that's why she's so controversial. In my view UV is about what she experienced during and after the backlash, at least I hope so. Many of the song tiles are fitting with that theme. But then she says things like "we kind of move into the parts of Brooklyn, and you know sonically anyways" wtf? This is a fine example of what I don't like about her handling of interviews. I'm not a musical expert but is there something called "Brooklyn sound"?!
It's pretty simple, you have to be prepared for the main question "What is UV all about" and you have to give the GP a coherent and satisfactory answer...because you (Lana) really don't need any controversy anymore

Wholeheartedly agree. She needs to be ready to answer the central question. C'mon Lana your record is coming out in a month  :uh:

I'm guessing there's not one Brooklyn sound, but rather something reminiscent of her experience and what type of music she made in Brooklyn. Praying for Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena-type stuff.

I'm guessing there's not one Brooklyn sound, but rather something reminiscent of her experience and what type of music she made in Brooklyn. Praying for Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena-type stuff.

Down! It seems as if people have forgotten about the Phenomena era. Lana was everything during that time.

Is there a full Phenomena EP, or was that just an era?

Down! It seems as if people have forgotten about the Phenomena era. Lana was everything during that time.

Is there a full Phenomena EP, or was that just an era?

I mean nothing official, but I guess the songs we have would include

Rehab

Disco

Trash Magic

Pin Up Galore

Dance Man

""The Man I Love""