Sign in to follow this  
GodBlessMe

If you could change one of Lana's albums...

Ultraviolence

1. Cruel World

2. Ultraviolence

3. Shades of Cool

4. Brooklyn Baby

5. West Coast

6. Sad Girl

7. Pretty When You Cry

8. Money Power Glory

9. Wait for Life

10. Fucked My Way Up to the Top

11. Old Money

12. The Other Woman

13. Once Upon a Dream

14. Is This Happiness

15. Flipside

16. Paradise Lost (Outro)

Bonus Tracks

17. Black Beauty

18. Guns and Roses

19. Because of You

20. Florida Kilos

21. West Coast (Radio Mix)

The Born to Die track list is so frustrating at points. Mainly Diet Mountain Dew shouldn't have followed Video Games (it goes from a really slow, calm beautiful ballad to a fast-paced hip-hop piece, which doesn't work in my opinion). Also, Carmen and Lucky Ones would have much different productions (I much prefer the demos of these songs tbh).

Lol so much hate for DMD and MDM.. I actually love DMD, it's one of my top fav. Lana songs.. But MDM took a while to grow on me.

Honestly for BTD, I wish they would have used the demo version for TIWMUG and Lolita.. as well as Dark Paradise..  

tumblr_mwp2g0tk9a1rj6peio4_500.gif

I kind of hated the second half of UV, so...

1. Cruel World

2. Ultraviolence

3. Shades of Cool

4. Brooklyn Baby

5. West Coast

6. Sad Girl

7. Because of You

8. Behind Closed Doors

9. The Other Woman

10. Break My Fall

11. Black Beauty

12. Children of the Bad Revolution

13. Florida Kilos

Ultraviolence:

1. No Deluxe Edition

1. Cruel World

2. Ultraviolence

3. Shades Of Cool

4. Brooklyn Baby

5. Florida Kilos

6. West Coast

7. Sad Girl

8. Pretty When You Cry

9. Old Money

10. Is This Happiness

11. Black Beauty

12. Guns And Roses

13. Fucked My Way Up to the Top

14. Flipside

Mfhp.gif

The Born to Die track list is so frustrating at points. Mainly Diet Mountain Dew shouldn't have followed Video Games (it goes from a really slow, calm beautiful ballad to a fast-paced hip-hop piece, which doesn't work in my opinion). Also, Carmen and Lucky Ones would have much different productions (I much prefer the demos of these songs tbh).

I think it flows really well all around tbh, the only thing I would change about it is removing Lucky Ones for You & Me

I'm usually not one that is good with the "flow" of albums or playlists but I really feel bothered by Honeymoon's tracklist. I would change it as such:

1. Honeymoon
  2. Terrence Loves You
  3. God Knows I Tried
  4. Religion
  5. 24
  6. Salvatore
  7. Burnt Norton
  8. High By The Beach
  9. Music To Watch Boys To
  10. Freak
  11. Art Deco
  12. The Blackest Day
  13. Swan Song

With this sequence, I can break the album in little "parts"..

Part 1: Drifting Away

Honeymoon and Terrence Loves You both give me this summery vibe. They are the only two songs where I feel like the atmospheres fit the visuals of the album. They are where the daydream starts.

Part 2: Retro

God Knows I Tried and Religion give me western vibes and they feel set in the past, so it reminds me of the old days of the "wild west". I think 24 also fits into this vibe since it sounds like a song for an old action movie (or the character described is like that of old heros like Bond and Indiana Jones). Salvatore is thrown in here because it gives me old Italy mafia vibes. It, like the others in this section, just feel like they take place in the past. The outro of Salvatore I think goes nice into the quiet speaking of Burn Norton.

Part 3: Interlude

Burn Norton is where the album moves from the retro to the future. I think the interlude comes at an awkward time in the official tracklist. The album can clearly be divided into past and present, so I don't know why it wasn't with this wonderful track to act as a bridge. So here we are.

Part 4: Future

The intro to High By The Beach serves as a much better transition with its little instrumental bit than the immediate vocals of Religion. It gives the listener a few seconds to also transition into the "future" period of the album. Starting with High By The Beach kind of starts at the end of the story, with the woman already breaking up with the man. Moving into Music To Watch Boys To is kind of like a flashback to when the girl and boy met. Freak is them running away to California, to the beach where she'd eventually break up with the guy as explained in High By The Beach. Art Deco is next and is unrelated in the previous trilogy. It can't really be separated from Freak but even if they weren't gapless I think this would feel right still. The instrumental to Art Deco is very mechanical, which fits in with the "future" theme.

Part 5: The Present...?

I really didn't know where else to put The Blackest Day because its too powerful to not interrupt the flow of the rest of the album and is kind of singular among the rest. So it just goes here and I don't think its a terrible place for it either. Swan Song obviously closes it out. I do like Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. I feel like it and Swan Song are interchangeable but are awkward next to one another because they are both closing songs. Imagine The Other Woman and Flipside one after the next. Both are perfect album closers but would sound weird right after each other.  In this case, I went with Swan Song because its an original Lana song and I like it better in the context of the rest of the album. I also think the end of Swan Song loops better back to the beginning of Honeymoon than the other.

Sorry this is long and probably doesn't make sense. I don't know how to better express why I changed the order and I'm too tired to go back and edit. Hopefully it makes sense :)

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I'm usually not one that is good with the "flow" of albums or playlists but I really feel bothered by Honeymoon's tracklist. I would change it as such:

• Honeymoon
  • Terrence Loves You
  • God Knows I Tried
  • Religion
  • Salvatore
  • Burnt Norton
  • High By The Beach
  • Music To Watch Boys To
  • Freak
  • Art Deco
  • The Blackest Day
  • Swan Song
With this sequence, I can break the album in little "parts"..

Part 1: Drifting Away

Honeymoon and Terrence Loves You both give me this summery vibe. They are the only two songs where I feel like the atmospheres fit the visuals of the album. They are where the daydream starts.

Part 2: Retro

God Knows I Tried and Religion give me western vibes and they feel set in the past, so it reminds me of the old days of the "wild west". I think 24 also fits into this vibe since it sounds like a song for an old action movie (or the character described is like that of old heros like Bond and Indiana Jones). Salvatore is thrown in here because it gives me old Italy mafia vibes. It, like the others in this section, just feel like they take place in the past. The outro of Salvatore I think goes nice into the quiet speaking of Burn Norton.

Part 3: Interlude

Burn Norton is where the album moves from the retro to the future. I think the interlude comes at an awkward time in the official tracklist. The album can clearly be divided into past and present, so I don't know why it wasn't with this wonderful track to act as a bridge. So here we are.

Part 4: Future

The intro to High By The Beach serves as a much better transition with its little instrumental bit than the immediate vocals of Religion. It gives the listener a few seconds to also transition into the "future" period of the album. Starting with High By The Beach kind of starts at the end of the story, with the woman already breaking up with the man. Moving into Music To Watch Boys To is kind of like a flashback to when the girl and boy met. Freak is them running away to California, to the beach where she'd eventually break up with the guy as explained in High By The Beach. Art Deco is next and is unrelated in the previous trilogy. It can't really be separated from Freak but even if they weren't gapless I think this would feel right still. The instrumental to Art Deco is very mechanical, which fits in with the "future" theme.

Part 5: The Present...?

I really didn't know where else to put The Blackest Day because its too powerful to not interrupt the flow of the rest of the album and is kind of singular among the rest. So it just goes here and I don't think its a terrible place for it either. Swan Song obviously closes it out. I do like Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. I feel like it and Swan Song are interchangeable but are awkward next to one another because they are both closing songs. Imagine The Other Woman and Flipside one after the next. Both are perfect album closers but would sound weird right after each other. In this case, I went with Swan Song because its an original Lana song and I like it better in the context of the rest of the album. I also think the end of Swan Song loops better back to the beginning of Honeymoon than the other.

Sorry this is long and probably doesn't make sense. I don't know how to better express why I changed the order and I'm too tired to go back and edit. Hopefully it makes sense :)

I've seen many a Lana stan try to make sense of the tracklist and tie it up in a cohesive knot but I think this by far makes the most sense to me. I'm definitely gonna thieve this and try it out for myself. <3

title251192345.png

Honeymoon:

1. Burnt Norton

2. Honeymoon

3. 24

4. Music To Watch Boys To

5. High By The Beach

6. Freak (Intro)

7. Freak

8. Art Deco

9. Terrence Loves You (Intro)

10. Terrence Loves You

11. God Knows I Tried

12. Religion

13. Salvatore

14. The Blackest Day (Intro)

15. The Blackest Day

16. Swan Song

17. Honeymoon (Outro)

Mfhp.gif

Honeymoon the song does start and end the Honeymoon album in a sort of abstract way

(especially if one is listening in a way that it automatically flows from 1 to 14 back to 1 without stop

I wouldnt' change any order, because Lana had a reason for putting it there

and "Don't let me be misunderstood MUST be there as it basically says listen to 1 to 13 then listen again until you get it and when you get it, you won't stop listening forever

same with Paradise same with Ultraviolence

As said before, one doesn't read Gatsby by starting at page 84 then going to page 3 then page 100. Each page is there for a reason.

I will purchase any greatest hit or box set, however, I won't alter the way I listen to albums as they were meant I wll hope for additional unreleased songs to be released, but that don't change the order

(and there is a reason there is NO bonus song on Honeymoon and that the bonus songs on other albums are KNOWN to be bonus songs.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

In A.K.A.

Maybe I would change Brite Lites for Trash (Magic), Boarding School or Pin Up Galore or make these 3 tracks bonus tracks.

In BTD

DMD I'd change it for the first demo

TIWMUG I'd change it for the second demo

DP, Radio, MDM and Lucky Ones (I don't hate them but they're just nice or psrt of her "skip" material) I'd change them for KOL, YCBTB, VC and TOSTB

In UV

I'd change G&R for Wait For Life (I know it's from Emile but damn it's good af and would fit perfectly in UV)

8nl2OpX.png

I would change the Honeymoon album cover. Its messy and just weird. Also I would take away half of the songs and put some unreleased songs on there like TV In Black and White for example. Not one song on Honeymoon fits the title or anything to do with a typical honeymoon. When I think of a Honeymoon I think paradise, happiness, and love. Lana's version of "honeymoon" makes zero sense. The title of the album doesn't have a theme with the overall sound of the record at all  :pft:

In A.K.A.

Maybe I would change Brite Lites for Trash (Magic), Boarding School or Pin Up Galore or make these 3 tracks bonus tracks.

In BTD

DMD I'd change it for the first demo

TIWMUG I'd change it for the second demo

DP, Radio, MDM and Lucky Ones (I don't hate them but they're just nice or psrt of her "skip" material) I'd change them for KOL, YCBTB, VC and TOSTB

In UV

I'd change G&R for Wait For Life (I know it's from Emile but damn it's good af and would fit perfectly in UV)

I wish Wait for Life was on UV, I'd replace Sad Girl with it tbh

I wish Wait for Life was on UV, I'd replace Sad Girl with it tbh

Wait For Life was actually supposed to be on UV but they scrapped it.