Ruben Del Rey

Your Lana Collection

Got this is yesterday! It looks less official than I thought it would :rip: The insert is literally just printed on a piece of regular paper. This is a legit promo right?

Yhsztdr.jpg

A1JINMg.jpg

pP9rtm2.jpg

Not gonna lie... I don't really think its legit. I have one of these that I'm 100% sure is real and its different. The cover of yours looks extremely LQ although the back looks perfect. There is more space above her name on mine and the picture looks a lot lighter in a way that I don't think is just your camera. My insert is also thicker than average paper. What really gets me is the font on the CD itself. On mine (and if you look at it on discogs), the font on the CD is Lana's official font, where yours is not. The brackets around the times of the tracks are different too. On one of the other West Coast promos the same font on your CD is used, but the tracklists are different, which means someone being lazy about making a bootleg might have looked at the other promo CDs and just assumed they all had that weird font. I'm not saying yours is completely fake because there might be some variation to the CDs I don't know about, but I will say that I wouldn't have bought it myself if I noticed those things because I think there's a good chance its fake unless you bought from a pretty reputable person.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Not gonna lie... I don't really think its legit. I have one of these that I'm 100% sure is real and its different. The cover of yours looks extremely LQ although the back looks perfect. There is more space above her name on mine and the picture looks a lot lighter in a way that I don't think is just your camera. My insert is also thicker than average paper. What really gets me is the font on the CD itself. On mine (and if you look at it on discogs), the font on the CD is Lana's official font, where yours is not. The brackets around the times of the tracks are different too. On one of the other West Coast promos the same font on your CD is used, but the tracklists are different, which means someone being lazy about making a bootleg might have looked at the other promo CDs and just assumed they all had that weird font. I'm not saying yours is completely fake because there might be some variation to the CDs I don't know about, but I will say that I wouldn't have bought it myself if I noticed those things because I think there's a good chance its fake unless you bought from a pretty reputable person.

Okay so to add to the suspicion, look at this. This was the listing I bought it from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lana-Del-Ray-West-Coast-Promo-CD-Single-/281811405091?hash=item419d44c923%3Ag%3A-hwAAOSwFnFWCAvg&nma=true&si=o0QEM2EOaTTq6t6lKH%252BiEaNzaJk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If you look at the picture of the back they posted in the ad, you can slightly see the CD through and it looks like the font on the CD shown is the LDR official font, whereas the one I received is not like this... I'm starting to think this isn't real either. What I received is the same as this http://www.discogs.com/Lana-Del-Rey-West-Coast/release/5683968 but without the sticker and the CD sticker is not official looking. Like you said, there is some variation with these promos and some look almost "fake" but are not, so I'm not sure what to do here... The seller has 100% positive ratings also.

H0bDaqU.gif

Okay so to add to the suspicion, look at this. This was the listing I bought it from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lana-Del-Ray-West-Coast-Promo-CD-Single-/281811405091?hash=item419d44c923%3Ag%3A-hwAAOSwFnFWCAvg&nma=true&si=o0QEM2EOaTTq6t6lKH%252BiEaNzaJk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If you look at the picture of the back they posted in the ad, you can slightly see the CD through and it looks like the font on the CD shown is the LDR official font, whereas the one I received is not like this... I'm starting to think this isn't real either. What I received is the same as this http://www.discogs.com/Lana-Del-Rey-West-Coast/release/5683968 but without the sticker and the CD sticker is not official looking. Like you said, there is some variation with these promos and some look almost "fake" but are not, so I'm not sure what to do here... The seller has 100% positive ratings also.

I see, you definitely did not receive the CD in the picture as the fonts on the disc don't match which is a huge red flag. The only West Coast promo with that font is this one (http://www.discogs.com/Lana-Del-Rey-West-Coast-/release/7309241) which has a different tracklist and the letter spacing is different. The one I have is the one you linked (mine doesn't have a sticker either but the rest of it is identical). The single art on yours is just so so bad LQ too. I'm 99% sure yours is fake :( I'd contact the seller and link him to the discog pictures and if he doesn't respond then report it to eBay. 

I see, you definitely did not receive the CD in the picture as the fonts on the disc don't match which is a huge red flag. The only West Coast promo with that font is this one (http://www.discogs.com/Lana-Del-Rey-West-Coast-/release/7309241) which has a different tracklist and the letter spacing is different. The one I have is the one you linked (mine doesn't have a sticker either but the rest of it is identical). The single art on yours is just so so bad LQ too. I'm 99% sure yours is fake :( I'd contact the seller and link him to the discog pictures and if he doesn't respond then report it to eBay. 

Yeah I think I'll just send him a message. *sigh* I just wanted a Lana promo, of course this would happen.

H0bDaqU.gif

Yeah I think I'll just send him a message. *sigh* I just wanted a Lana promo, of course this would happen.

I'm sorry friend :( better to find out now while there's a chance to fix it than way later. 

I got a lot of new stuff recently.  :flutter:  Might share pics soon.

I want to see! ;)

I've got some coming in the mail and HM box set is so close to shipping so I'm going to wait a while. I've gotten a ton of non-Lana recently, most just Marina stuff since the new vinyls came out. Im actively searching for Lana stuff again though and I'm really not too terribly far off from having everything I want to collect :O

I want to see! ;)

I've got some coming in the mail and HM box set is so close to shipping so I'm going to wait a while. I've gotten a ton of non-Lana recently, most just Marina stuff since the new vinyls came out. Im actively searching for Lana stuff again though and I'm really not too terribly far off from having everything I want to collect :O

At least someone cares  :party:

I can pretty much relate to this. Every day I expect an email saying it’s been dispatched but still nothing.  :ohno: That’s good to hear. I wish I could say the same. 

Me too. I envy you the pink EH vinyl. I’ve got the black one for now.