lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

From Lanaboards twitter:

"I'm a drag and... you're a whore / Mimicking me is a fucking bore." — Fucked My Way Up To The Top

So the song is about Taylor afterwards ? Well now I get the "whore".  :flutter:

I don't think Taylor Swift would call herself a 'super artist' and Lana her project. It just seems like that one video - and because it was directed by the same person...

I don't think Taylor Swift would call herself a 'super artist' and Lana her project. It just seems like that one video - and because it was directed by the same person...

IKR. But Ride is really personal to Lana and after a few months she sees carbon copy of her magnus opus with her "ex-boyfriend" in it. 

IKR. But Ride is really personal to Lana and after a few months she sees carbon copy of her magnus opus with her "ex-boyfriend" in it. 

yeah but it wouldn't be Taylor's fault, it would be Mandler's. 

yeah but it wouldn't be Taylor's fault, it would be Mandler's. 

Im pretty sure Taylor is hugely in charge of every step of her career - just like Lana. And Lana´s allegedly ex boyfriend in the video ? Taylor´s Lucky One song ? too many coincidences for me. 

When is Glastonbury, i am READY.

Usally mid to early july.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I'm pretty sure it's about TS. Remember that tweet from Jamie King talking about Taylor's video? She was really close to Lana around that time and if she said that on twitter I'm pretty sure she must have talked about it with Lana. She was pretty mad because TS copied Lana.

I'm pretty sure it's about TS. Remember that tweet from Jamie King talking about Taylor's video? She was really close to Lana around that time and if she said that on twitter I'm pretty sure she must have talked about it with Lana. She was pretty mad because TS copied Lana.

and then they became friends lmfao 

But Taylor never talked bad about Lana in the media. Also Lana said the song had a hip hop beat for a reason...

Not in public. But they're both women in showbusiness, they even already attended the same parties. Maybe Taylor met Lana and acted like "oh, are you that indie girl?" and Lana got mad since she thought her ideas was stolen lmao. 

It's not Taylor.

Anyway, after listening to the album for a while now. BLACK BEAUTY is still an outstanding amazing song.

The best on the album (the ride or videos games of the era for sure)

I really really hope she release it as single. It's just so amazing and I think the GP will be on board.

Idk I have a hard time believing that it's about Taylor. 

I mean look at them together.

45BC9DEDE0A8CA88E49B7E6390B85.jpg

32636_20121111024959-1352666999-Y003.jpg

taylana2use.jpg\

doesn't look like there's bad blood between them but who knows.

tumblr_inline_n72ktprYsx1sehw87.png

Does anyone remember what Jaime King said about the Taylor Swift video?

Because Jaime has grown REALLY close with Taylor Swift, I don't no when this bromance started but has Lana been seen with Jaime since this budding relationship developed??

Come on. It's totally about Taylor. The girl even has a minute and a half long monologue at the beginning of her video, which then ended up winning "Best Female Music Video" as well as being nominated for "Best Music Video" at the MTV awards. Taylor completely copied Lana's concept (save for the epilogue - Taylor's ended with the song), and she also used Lana's ex boyfriend. We know how attached Lana is to her men.

While I'm not trying to stir shit, the connection is clearly there. It's stronger than any other connection people have tried to make - even the one incorporating Lady Gaga.