lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

So overall, ULTRAVIOLENCE is an amazing record, I love it so much even though it was an adjustment from BTD.

There's something that has just weirded me out about this whole new era of Lana! Did anyone notice how different her approach shifted from West Coast to the rest of the album? The West Coast single cover is classic, like her name on the top and the title at the bottom, the colors are bright (blues / yellows / whites,) and then, suddenly, we get black and white pictures for the rest of the era with no names on anything. Also, she said Neil's photography inspired her to change the track list. Does anyone feel like these changes were literally made after West Coast was released? I love the art of ultraviolence and the whole feel, but I feel like things changed suddenly. I've just been thinking about how different Ultraviolence could've been if it wasn't for certain things (not that I'd want it to be different!) I just found that interesting.

This seems like one of those albums that has to be listened to on vinyl

Thats so true the night I got my uv boxset I played them on my record player. The experince was amazing. :defeated:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

So overall, ULTRAVIOLENCE is an amazing record, I love it so much even though it was an adjustment from BTD.

There's something that has just weirded me out about this whole new era of Lana! Did anyone notice how different her approach shifted from West Coast to the rest of the album? The West Coast single cover is classic, like her name on the top and the title at the bottom, the colors are bright (blues / yellows / whites,) and then, suddenly, we get black and white pictures for the rest of the era with no names on anything. Also, she said Neil's photography inspired her to change the track list. Does anyone feel like these changes were literally made after West Coast was released? I love the art of ultraviolence and the whole feel, but I feel like things changed suddenly. I've just been thinking about how different Ultraviolence could've been if it wasn't for certain things (not that I'd want it to be different!) I just found that interesting.

Don't forget West Coast was the first single that promoted the record. They needed the cover to be "commercial" so it could be recognizable.

Don't forget West Coast was the first single that promoted the record. They needed the cover to be "commercial" so it could be recognizable.

I'm disappointed, to be honest. Most of the songs are messy and all too sad. I like a select few, but UV is no BTD.

You're right BTD will never be UV. UV for the win.

I;m glad UV is weeding all the BTD lovers out o the picture. I love BTD, prob still prefer it to UV in a way [we'll see over time though], but UV is an essential artistic and musical transition for her that has revealed the artist she really wants to be. I'm invested in her as an act who can shift and grow, i don;t care to compare or expect BTD ever again to her future work. 

I;m glad UV is weeding all the BTD lovers out o the picture. I love BTD, prob still prefer it to UV in a way [we'll see over time though], but UV is an essential artistic and musical transition for her that has revealed the artist she really wants to be. I'm invested in her as an act who can shift and grow, i don;t care to compare or expect BTD ever again to her future work.

THIS. I am so happy that UV is the perfect album to weed out all of the flower crown-wearing teeny bopper "fans."

I wont lie. I do love BTD more. But I love UV almost just as much. I'm just a fan of Lana's music in general. She could make any type of music and I'll listen to it.

The "fans" that leave because it sounds different and are not noticing her growth, weren't real from the jump and they're unneeded.

There is no "Born to Die" or "Ride" on this album, but that's ok. I really think it's her most consistent record to date, even if it doesn't have the highest highs of the first 2 records.

1. Old Money

2. Is This Happiness

3. Sad Girl

4. Shades Of Cool

5. Cruel World

6.Money Power Glory

7. Ultraviolence

8. FMWUTTT

9. Pretty When You Cry

10.West Coast

11. Black Beauty

12.Brooklyn Baby

13. Flipside

14. The Other Women

15.Florida Kilos

16.Guns and Roses 

I seriously cannot stop playing this!! whenever it ends it makes me wanting more!

this is frikkin perfection and Im glad its metacritic score went up from 73 to 74! the universe need to hear ultraviolence.

The "fans" that leave because it sounds different and are not noticing her growth, weren't real from the jump and they're unneeded.

Except that those "unneeded" fans helped her sell millions of records, making it possible for her to keep making music.

If they don't like UV it's their loss, but that hipster attitude is not helping Lana or anyone else.

Dafuq? :judgingu2:  Just because someone doesn't like the new sound it does not make them a inferior fan or anything

I like the UV sound as well as I like the BtD and Paradise sound, but I can understand it if not everyone likes  style-changes.

Just becuase you are a fan, you don't have to like everything an artist releases.

I'm a huge Mando Diao fan, but i don't like their most recent album, 'cause I'm not into the 80s style. So what? I still like the band. And if some people prefer Trip-Hop-Monroe-Lana and don't like the "Narcotic-Swing"-style, it's  ok too.

Yes, all except Florida Kilos, Is This Happiness and Flipside.

And Guns And Roses, or has this leaked too?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!