naachoboy

Born to Die vs Ultraviolence

211 members have voted

1. 1. BTD or UV.

• BTD
    • UV
    • Can't decide
    • I like both equally

born to die is what got me into lana so ofc I'm going to pick born to die. i truly can't compare the two because they are different yet are still the same. UV is more lizzy grant-esque and I love everything about the album I just can't go against btd when I can relate to so much of it.

god knows I tried

Hey guys. I don't post much, but just wanted to say that Ultraviolence is absolute perfection and she has cemented her foot in the walkway of music history forever, and I'M ON FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I'M ON FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But how can you say UV is too same-y when BTD has similar strings, hip hop samples, loon noises, that specific guitar sound etc. throughout almost every song?  :crossed:

Born to Die has better lyrics? Really?

"Every time I close my eyes, it's like a dark paradise." Case closed.  :hottie:

Besides, it's completely redundant to compare lyrics from a verse to a chorus, which is what you did... so.  

i dont see anything wrong with that lyric tbh

But that's the point of this thread, to compare the albums. Yeah, they're very different, but they can still be compared in terms of aesthetics and such.

Besides, it's fun to discuss this stuff with everyone! I like proving people wrong. :hooker:

:eartha:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Born to Die has better lyrics? Really?

"Every time I close my eyes, it's like a dark paradise." Case closed.  :hottie:

Besides, it's completely redundant to compare lyrics from a verse to a chorus, which is what you did... so.

U need help tbh.

So I will help you.

Please listen to WHOLE song this time and read the lyrics. Take a minute, connect the dots, and then come back here and see what u wrote.

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

It's kinda the same as saying "when I close my eyes it's dark"

OH MY GOD

PLEASE TELL ME U R 10YO

WHEN SHE CLOSE HER EYES = WHEN SHE GOES TO SLEEP

Every time I close my eyes

It's like a dark paradise

No one compares to you

But there's no you,

Except in my dreams tonight,

Oh oh oh oh, ha ha ha ha

I don't wanna wake up from this tonight

Oh oh oh oh, ha ha ha ha

I don't wanna wake up from this tonight

SHE EVEN REPEATED IT TWICE IN CASE THAT U MORONS WON'T UNDERSTAND

There's no relief,

I see you in my sleep

THESE LYRICS ARE NOT EVEN THAT DEEP!

DID U LISTEN SONG AT ALL?

OH MY GOD

PLEASE TELL ME U R 10YO

WHEN SHE CLOSE HER EYES = WHEN SHE GOES TO SLEEP

Every time I close my eyes[/size]It's like a dark paradise[/size]No one compares to you[/size]But there's no you,[/size]Except in my dreams tonight,[/size]Oh oh oh oh, ha ha ha ha[/size]I don't wanna wake up from this tonight[/size]Oh oh oh oh, ha ha ha ha[/size]I don't wanna wake up from this tonight[/size]SHE EVEN REPEATED IT TWICE IN CASE THAT U MORONS WON'T UNDERSTANDThere's no relief,[/size]I see you in my sleep[/size]

THESE LYRICS ARE NOT EVEN THAT DEEP!

DID U LISTEN SONG AT ALL?

I can see u feel very passionated about this! But I definitely agree!!! It's not that deep :)

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I can see u feel very passionated about this! But I definitely agree!!! It's not that deep :)

I cant stand that you wrote shit but you didnt listen or think about meaning...

Yes lyrics are not deep but they made you even more shallow than they are.

I cant stand that you wrote shit but you didnt listen or think about meaning...

Yes lyrics are not deep but they made you even more shallow than they are.

Even if I wrote shit it doesn't change the fact that the lyrics in DP are shit!!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

some lyrics can be interpreted differently and can mean different things to others and not mean anything to you. ultraviolence has shit lyrics imo* and btd has more lyrics that mean something to me, because of the way she wrote them and told a story with them. so yeah we'll all have to agree to disagree.

*i still love florida kilos tho ngl

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Can we please establish that music, and in this case lyrics, are open for interpretation. Lyrics can't be factually "shit", or factually good. Discussing whether lyrics are good or bad is a discussion nobody's gonna win, because there's no definite answer. Lyrics are open for interpretation; you might see something in them that others don't, or you might see nothing at all.

U need help tbh.

So I will help you.

Please listen to WHOLE song this time and read the lyrics. Take a minute, connect the dots, and then come back here and see what u wrote.

Oh my god, you're right! You've COMPLETELY changed my opinion! I love Dark Paradise now, it's my favorite Lana song ever!!! Her lover dies, she goes 2 sleep and dreams about him!! SO MEANINGFUL AND POETIC!!!!!!

yall wanna jump on my playful banter and get rude with me I don't think so

14417469274.gif

some lyrics can be interpreted differently and can mean different things to others and not mean anything to you. ultraviolence has shit lyrics imo* and btd has more lyrics that mean something to me, because of the way she wrote them and told a story with them. so yeah we'll all have to agree to disagree.

*i still love florida kilos tho ngl

You're right!

Oh my god, you're right! You've COMPLETELY changed my opinion! I love Dark Paradise now, it's my favorite Lana song ever!!! Her lover dies, she goes 2 sleep and dreams about him!! SO MEANINGFUL AND POETIC!!!!!!

yall wanna jump on my playful banter and get rude with me I don't think so

Lol I love you!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I think Ultraviolence has her signature sound and I really fucking love it, but Ultraviolence has got nothing on Born to Die.

or AKA for that matter

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

Lyrically, Born to Die is vastly superior and much more diverse.

But damn, sonically, UV can't be beat!

They seem like two very different albums but I love it because.. any mood you're in, there's always some Lizzy/Lana you can listen to.