naachoboy

Born to Die vs Ultraviolence

211 members have voted

1. 1. BTD or UV.

• BTD
    • UV
    • Can't decide
    • I like both equally

As iconic as Born To Die was... I feel like Ultraviolence is on a higher level sonically and lyrically. BTD has a lot more "filler" tracks than UV for sure.

As iconic as Born To Die was... I feel like Ultraviolence is on a higher level sonically and lyrically. BTD has a lot more "filler" tracks than UV for sure.

lyrically? are you trolling

:ohmy:

& what tracks on BTD do you think sounded like 'fillers..'?

lyrically? are you trolling

:ohmy:

& what tracks on BTD do you think sounded like 'fillers..'?

Yes lyrically. Most of BTD is, in my opinion, just filled with words that sound pretty and go together well. UV has more depth and meaning.

Diet Mountain Dew, Carmen, Lolita, This Is What Makes Us Girls. UV has no fillers in my opinion.

Yes lyrically. Most of BTD is, in my opinion, just filled with words that sound pretty and go together well. UV has more depth and meaning.

Diet Mountain Dew, Carmen, Lolita, This Is What Makes Us Girls. UV has no fillers in my opinion.

Guns And Roses is a filler imo

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I have not listened to Ultraviolence, outside of the little micro snippets and three promo singles, as I refuse to ruin the experience of listening to the queen's latest before it is technically released to the American public, but I can EASILY say Born to Die has nothing on Ultraviolence. It was a little too hip hop and playful for my liking. I like the vicious darkness of Ultraviolence,  from what I have heard. There is such stark maturity present in Ultraviolence that was not at a premium in "Born to Di," albeit "Video Games," "Born to Die," and a few others.

Hard to decide since they're both so different plus I've listened to BTD like a thousand times, know all the songs by heart and to UV two times, know one song by heart.

Right now it's still BTD because the songs have personal meaning to me and I'm used to it but who knows what will be in six months? I guess by then I can tell. What I can say is that I already think UV is amazing and definitely not worse than BTD, I just don't know yet if it's better.

Most of BTD is, in my opinion, just filled with words that sound pretty and go together well. 

hm that's funny because I think that's the perfect description for UV. (if you remove the go together well part. It was painfully obvious that Lana has lost her creativeness lyrically and just includes stuff she knows her fans will eat up and have loved in the past. ie references of drug usage, supposed 'tragic' love relationships that never last and are doomed from the start, interest in creepy men and just men in general & looking pretty in a variety of dresses + references to poets, authors, icons and dead musicians (aka her friends) that work 1/5 times. Add a little cussing to that/mention of a bad boi and a bad gorl getting high on sum hydroponic weed at some tropial mystical place with some mellow old hollywood music and it's tumblr's wet dream & a new LDR album)

But anyway different strokes 4 different folks I guess :P

It's hard to compare the two. I enjoy the lolita trailer park darling~ edge of hers that was much more apparent in BtD, I'm ngl, I love Off to the Races and unreleased ones such as Go Go Dancer, I love her entire take on the trailer trash queen, cause she *owns* it so well, like boarding school and also her highschooler magic like 'this is what makes us girls', but UV is so much more mature, and it is a lot more cohesive as an album. 

Honestly, choosing between the two is hard, if I had to go with one, I'd go with Paradise, cause it feels like a good mix of the two for me, but while I think UV is lyrically stronger, BtD had the *it* value. It's really hard choosing between the two, if I'm feeling melodramatic, I'll go to UV for sure, but if I want to get down, I'd listen to Off to the Races. (they're both really good albums  :candy: )

I can't center this thistumblr_lywc1eFwqG1r939eeo1_500.gif