Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: Shades of Cool

Saw this comment on YT and it made perfect sense:

tumblr_n7dlwxdM6j1qdrboqo1_1280.jpg

The entire video is actually in the time span of the bridge scene and what we see after is what's in his head.

The guy is driving thinking about Lana (like a flash back memory while your driving alone at night)... And the end of the video, it's back to the bridge scene.

It's pretty accurate. Plus it gives a lot more sense to the WC video

In this case, does it mean that he's the one who killed her, because of the gunshots passages ? It would be so ultraviolence :agree:

Tho I'm not sure for the cross sign. I just thought that he did it because he was getting ready to sin with that bikini Lana so "plz god help/forgive me".

Lana and the guy are actually dating. She has made it clear she has a thing for older men and it is a constant them in her music and videos like Ride, West Coast, and now this.

As an older guy I actually like that. I'm not as old as the guys in the video but I am older than Lana.

She's not a ghost you seem them interacting with each other and dancing. The Sign of the Cross just looks good and is an homage to Lana's Roman Catholicism.

This video is absolutely beautiful. I love the way they displayed the whole shades of cool/warm contrast in the video. The pool and suburban scenes are A+. That daddy needs to leave tho. He ruins everything for me tbh. Why can't Lana shoot with hot guys? I mean come on...

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of SOC but this video made me like it a little more, I think. It's a good song after all and I'm really excited to see what she's gonna come up with for the other songs. I'm praying she does a video for every song!

Lana has a thing for men who are older. I mean you can't complain about it. It's the way she is.

Guest Dot

I get a sort of Disney princess feel from the scenes of Lana in the simple, belted, white walking dress. Even the way she is emoting reminds me of Aurora from the iconic Sleeping Beauty. Yes, Lana, clasp your throat, sell the garment, sell your femininity and the elegant pain you feel due to your love living in his shades of blue. So sensual.

And get into the red lip she is serving in the pool, to seem like cherries in the spring. Black Beauty reference for those who truly get into the Mother.

OMG that was literally the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the video!!!

You guys do realize she doesn't technically fall down at the end, right? Its a backwards clip of him picking her up (see how her hair moves). I don't know how/if that is relevant to the meaning.

hahahahah I hadn't noticed that, I'm laughing now... How could I not have noticed, lol

This video is basically re-used ideas and concepts from her old BTD videos. Nothing new or creative. I actually still don't even know what the video was about?

i hear people say stuff like this all the time and like idgi, videos dont have to follow a storyline, sometimes theyre just pretty visuals that bring the song to life

I like it but it's definitely not her best... I also hate the daddies she uses in her videos tbh, not sure why

The colours and a lot of the scenes were gorgeous though.

I had the same thought about Sleeping Beauty ! She even used a bit of that scene for a home made video, can't remember which one ..

I like the video, but not really before 2:00 approximatively ... Some shots are nice, but I don't really like the over use of two scenes being put one on top of the other, although sometimes it gives a nice effect, like when she is surrounded by birds. 

But the whole video is worth it, for the pool scene alone ! I mean ... She's splendid in it ! 

About him crossing himself, yeah I thought about the fact that he was thinking 'Forgive me Father for I am a sinner and I'm about to succumb to sin" but the idea that he is seing her while she really isn't there makes sense. 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I've had a chance to watch this video over and over again now. And I just love it more each time. Wasn't blown away the first time I saw it, but it just keeps getting better each time.

The camera movement is just so perfect.

I love this video so much it's my favorite music video of hers by far. I love the concept, the artistry, the direction.

Lana looks so amazing and natural and real in this video. She does every movement with such class even just eating a strawberry. She's so careful and beautiful ugh, I wish I had an inch of sex appeal she does. Even when she's dancing it's just magic. Please have mercy on my soul Lana I can't take how good this one is.

:icant2: :ohmy: :thankyou:

243qd5f.jpg

I feel like it's telling the story of a man wondering what could have been with his lover who died young. Hes being haunted/ reminded of her everywhere. Instead of her just hanging around some old guy, he got old and lonely and thinks back to the time they spent together. Just my interpretation  :D