CruelWorld

Lana answers Frances Bean Cobain

well Frances is right, regardless of whether she meant what she said in the Guardian interview, Lana has always glamorised death (even on Sirens lol)  and its kinda unhealthy imo

Even though Frances was right, calling Lana out publicly on twitter wasn't the way to go. By doing that she literally brought in thousands of people whose business this whole thing wasn't. She should have dmed her or asked Courtney to get a hold of her so they could hash it out privately. However, I do think Lana handled it well. I just can't stress enough how frustrating it is that it was done in that manner. It made them look like 6th graders tbh

Tbh I didn't find what Frances said to be rude tbh, like I get it. But I agree that she shouldn't have done it that way, but I mean, what can you do. I'm glad Lana publically tweeted this and very quickly, so that the annoying news articles don't make up shit

:smokes:

I dunno, I think there is a difference between glamourizing death and having a different relationship with dead then most people do, as in fear of dying.

Lana fits the second part. She doesn't seem afraid of it, more like it is another life.

If that makes any sence at all

ugh

lana obviously struggles with depression and believe me, the 'you know only one life!!! live it!!' cliche doesn't help

i get that she's upset about how everybody glamorizes the death of her father but she doesn't have the right to tell ppl how to feel about death. 

"All goes onward and outward, nothing collapses,
And to die is different from what any one supposed, and
luckier." 

Walt Whitman

tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io3_250.gif tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io4_250.gif

well Frances is right, regardless of whether she meant what she said in the Guardian interview, Lana has always glamorised death (even on Sirens lol)  and its kinda unhealthy imo

I see "to glamorise" is the new "it" word nowadays. Yeah she sings about death a lot, yeah she may have liked the idea of dying young and free, at the top of your powers and fame in some songs. Y&B is filled with her fear of getting old and becoming unrecognized, aching and not beautiful anymore.  But fuck it, she is artist, she has her own artistic persona. She isnt politician to make some official statement for the country. Im sick of the fact how art is now supposed to be morally perfect, "healthy" and politically correct. 

I see "to glamorise" is the new "it" word nowadays. Yeah she sings about death a lot, yeah she liked the idea of dying young and free, at the top of your powers and fame in some songs.  But fuck it, she is artist, she has her own artistic persona. She isnt politician to make some official statement for the country. Im sick of the fact how art is now supposed to be morally perfect, "healthy" and politically correct. 

YES. lana is not a role model, she isn't here to tell you how to think or feel, she doesn't have to do anything 'right and correct' for you. she's simply an artist who's telling her life story and sharing her feelings. the whole think is so fucked-up because everybody is judging lana for feeling unhappy and thinking it would be much easier for her if she was dead. depression is a mental illness you can't control so a few 'pls lana stop glamorizing death you're so talented and have so much ahead of you!!!!1' sentences don't help her at all. if lana feels like she wants to live a wild life and die young, she has the right to. if she's scared of death, there is nothing wrong of it too. everybody has their own personal relationship with death and we can't tell anybody shit about it.

smh.

Hum Sky Ferrari retweeted Frances but not Lana. I hope it's because she didn't see Lana's tweets, otherwise Night Time My Time is going right in the bin  :lanasrs:

@fagmobs 1. I've never taken heroin. 2. At least I take responsibility for anything thoughtless & dumb that I've done. BYE. Xoxoxoxoxo

Oh dear she is so insightful. :facepalm:

I see "to glamorise" is the new "it" word nowadays. Yeah she sings about death a lot, yeah she may have liked the idea of dying young and free, at the top of your powers and fame in some songs. Y&B is filled with her fear of getting old and becoming unrecognized, aching and not beautiful anymore.  But fuck it, she is artist, she has her own artistic persona. She isnt politician to make some official statement for the country. Im sick of the fact how art is now supposed to be morally perfect, "healthy" and politically correct. 

glamorizing and cultural appropriation = the words of our generation 

I dunno, I think there is a difference between glamourizing death and having a different relationship with dead then most people do, as in fear of dying.

Lana fits the second part. She doesn't seem afraid of it, more like it is another life.

If that makes any sence at all

I agree, I also don't think she's glamourizing death. She just has another feeling towards death than most people have nowadays. It's one of the reasons why I adore Lana so much, she helps me to face the emotions or the things where I'm afraid of. 

YES. lana is not a role model, she isn't here to tell you how to think or feel, she doesn't have to do anything 'right and correct' for you. she's simply an artist who's telling her life story and sharing her feelings. the whole think is so fucked-up because everybody is judging lana for feeling unhappy and thinking it would be much easier for her if she was dead. depression is a mental illness you can't control so a few 'pls lana stop glamorizing death you're so talented and have so much ahead of you!!!!1' sentences don't help her at all. if lana feels like she wants to live a wild life and die young, she has the right to. if she's scared of death, there is nothing wrong of it too. everybody has their own personal relationship with death and we can't tell anybody shit about it.

smh.

I always wonder how we (people these days) can manage to be such oversensitive individuals and yet still be desensitized to the real things that are wrong with this world. Lana talking about feminism or Kurt Cobain is a fucking headline, but idk, murder isn't. 

should i really bring up Miley again?

I always wonder how we (people these days) can manage to be such oversensitive individuals and yet still be desensitized to the real things that are wrong with this world. Lana talking about feminism or Kurt Cobain is a fucking headline, but idk, murder isn't. 

nah, it's just a new tumblr trend that has taken over some parts of the usa. wait until tumblr gets shut down lmao.