I agree I'm a bit bitter too. But honestly its monotonous. I don't think that's the bitter talking. It's a fact. She did the same rap-sing-talk with a bit of melody and sometimes background singing at you on every song.

I like the rap talk, I would've preferred a bit more singing, but I was hoping the album would be mostly that. I just felt like Z had such interesting production and this album........well.............doesn't.

I agree that the album sounds a bit monotonous at times. I think a lot of the songs she left off the album would've added a nice variety but maybe I'm just bitter that they're not on there  :crossed:

I think she may tack on Alt like Lana did with BTD and Paradise (as a standalone EP and edition of the previous LP)!

I've never heard anything from SZA before this; Drew Barrymore is pretty good. The album had my interest until Go Gina, suddenly found myself not really caring anymore during and after that song.

te deseo, cariño

I like the rap talk, I would've preferred a bit more singing, but I was hoping the album would be mostly that. I just felt like Z had such interesting production and this album........well.............doesn't.

I think I wanted a bit more of her disco poppy sound like Julia, or Babylon, I wanted more of the airy sound and this album didn't have it anywhere.

Yeah I really loved that Z was cohesive yet had diverse production (LFL teas???)

I think I wanted a bit more of her disco poppy sound like Julia, or Babylon, I wanted more of the airy sound and this album didn't have it anywhere.

I enjoyed that style but I guess I just wasn't expecting it because in multiple interviews she said she wasn't really happy with the her own vocal performance on Z and wanted to scale back the production and put the vocals at the forefront per the advice of Rick Rubin. I think we'll get a bit more melodic songs on A/ALT. That one with the really Felix Snow-y instrumental that she used in the album teaser had her singing throughout it + we're stilling getting the finished version of the song at the end of Green Mile

I've never heard anything from SZA before this; Drew Barrymore is pretty good. The album had my interest until Go Gina, suddenly found myself not really caring anymore during and after that song.

Agreed, I thought the album kind of fell off at Go Gina (with the exception of Broken Clocks, Wavy, and 20 Somethings)

I enjoyed that style but I guess I just wasn't expecting it because in multiple interviews she said she wasn't really happy with the her own vocal performance on Z and wanted to scale back the production and put the vocals at the forefront per the advice of Rick Rubin. I think we'll get a bit more melodic songs on A/ALT. That one with the really Felix Snow-y instrumental that she used in the album teaser had her singing throughout it + we're stilling getting the finished version of the song at the end of Green Mile

Agreed, I thought the album kind of fell off at Go Gina (with the exception of Broken Clocks, Wavy, and 20 Somethings)

And hopefully the full version of Tender if that exists. lol

GO LISTEN TO HER OLD STUFF. In my opinion its better.

Fuck, this album is exactly what I expected it to sound like. Identical to what I wanted it to be. The only song that has to grow on me is "Normal Girl"...but my faves: Supermodel > 20 Something > Anything. Supermodel fucked me up for months leading up to the release so hearing it fully produced made me so fucking happy. 20 Something is actually an aspect of my life rn and I lowkey teared up a bit. Total opposite emotion when Anything came on and fucking left me bald; the "do you even know I'm alive?" bit got me dead. 

Overall the album seems vocally cohesive with an emphasis on her vocals (which I love the most); ppl are probably gonna say most tracks are a "generic trap beat" w/ her vocals but it's way fucking more than that and if that's all they hear and take away from the overall theme of each song then they can leave. This album is gold.

I also can confirm I did not get murdered in the woods while listening to this album. Woo. 

listen again, if ya still feel the same get ya ears checked or smth :crossed: ya mad wack if the tracks after Go Gina aren't appealing. 

wjb0sky.gif

Literally LIVING for everything on the album apart from Go Gina but I'm sure that will change. I understand the comments about the album kind of bleeding together at certain parts... Also agree that Inside Man, Sephora, Percolator literally any of the snippets we heard would've really given a bit more diversity but at this point I'm just praying she delivers them and in the end we're left with a bunch of new SZA to last the next 84384 years.

Oh, and making Wavy an interlude is like... ugh

I just have to say with Solana being so forthcoming about Alt and even divulging a timeframe + the snippets teased in Road to CTRL we never got that some form of release is coming in the nearish future. It all seems to point that way to me or the desperation is just getting too much.