Born To Die

Ryn Weaver

From what I can tell, the Walmart exclusive is not exclusive for anything other than the fact that it crops the back picture more to get her butt out of the picture:

mkZaQ1M.jpg

pjJbOsx.jpg

NdB7iqy.jpg

MkWI4Ns.png

hmmmm, did you open it? Is the poster different or anything?

I opened it. The only thing that's different is that the back of the booklet is also cropped like the back insert.

MkWI4Ns.png

The back of the album is honestly ugly as fuck :cat:

Gonna buy the vinyl anyway

Idk if I'd say ugly, it's just absolutely nothing special. I could've had a plain green back, but whatever, like that matters.

I feel like I might as well get this http://store.interscope.com/Product.aspx?cp=59728_59763_69448&pc=IXRWCOMBO02 but it's like almost 50 bucks after shipping.

Anyway what do you think of the album? I feel like nobody even talks about their thoughts on new albums in threads.

Idk if I'd say ugly, it's just absolutely nothing special. I could've had a plain green back, but whatever, like that matters.

I feel like I might as well get this http://store.interscope.com/Product.aspx?cp=59728_59763_69448&pc=IXRWCOMBO02 but it's like almost 50 bucks after shipping.

Anyway what do you think of the album? I feel like nobody even talks about their thoughts on new albums in threads.

I just hate that font just kinda crammed into a corner and literally what does her nudity here offer when paired with the Nearly Headless Nick thing on the front...Basically she's lucky she makes good music because her lack of consistency is sorta frustrating (not me shaming ha for her youth)

I really like the album, may have let it get overshadowed a tad by Kiddo and HBHBHB. She's a very talented songwriter, and the album is surprisingly emotive after the EP (which basically showcased all the OctaHate-y electronic moments tbh). I hope she continues to move even further away from that because she doesn't have to be gimmicky. (That's such a like 50-year-old white man thing to say but I don't mean in the sense that it's "obscuring her talent" like all the Gaga naysayers, more that it feels inessential/disposable.) So I guess whereas reviewers wanted more OctaHate, I'm looking for her next album to be like...straight up Kate Bush, following Runaway and the last half. That said, my favorite track is actually The Fool which is very electronic-OctaHate-gimmicky lmao. I think it strikes a better balance I guess but it makes no sense on its own--more as the kinda middle ground between the straightforward and the highly produced tracks.

I love Ryn, but I read an interview saying that she writes her music, but almost all the songs on The Fool have 4 writers. I don't know, after I read the writing credits I immediately felt that the album was less personal.

Tbh I have no doubt that a decent amount of it is hers whoever I also have no doubt in my mind that Benny Blanco (who has has had plenty of experience with writing/producing) lended a lot more than just a few tips.

Whenever I sing the "Traveling Song" monologue out loud, it makes me cry. I don't know if you guys are being impacted by it as well but whenever I listen to it, it's as if I took a full glass of depression.