Born To Die

Ryn Weaver

I know it's been 7 years since The Fool, but I don't think I'm done with Ryn even with her long silence gaps. Truth is, she haven't given us tons of empty promises.mp3 (looking at you, Sky Ferreira and Bonnie McKee) and while there have been things that do not come to fruition, I feel like there wasn't much to buzz around a couple years after The Fool. And then she had the label limbo and the abuse situation, which I obviously understand could delay any plans and hope she is better off now.

Taking as example the Sky case, well, she dropped Night Time My Time (2013) and then almost immediately after she started talking about the follow up (2014-15), gave a title, started performing songs at festivals, but didn't release anything until 2019, then a 3 year silence and a new single in 2022. In between all this decade, a lot of "it's coming! Possibly this year" iirc 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022 have been the same. At least she hasn't disappeared as of lately.

But Ryn hasn't done that long of promising releases, and if I'm not wrong she only started mentioning a sophomore album more often until after Reasons Not to Die.

After all that nonsense, I do hope she comes through with an album in the next 12 months. A lead single during fall, a second single in January and album by late February/March would seem a good plan, but I don't know what does she mean by "putting this record together". Mixing? Mastering? Choosing singles? Or is she in late recording sessions yet? I hope she gives a major update soon :ohno: 

EDIT: apparently she has been teasing the album almost every year too, so don't mind me much.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

19 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I know it's been 7 years since The Fool, but I don't think I'm done with Ryn even with her long silence gaps. Truth is, she haven't given us tons of empty promises.mp3 (looking at you, Sky Ferreira and Bonnie McKee) and while there have been things that do not come to fruition, I feel like there wasn't much to buzz around a couple years after The Fool. And then she had the label limbo and the abuse situation, which I obviously understand could delay any plans and hope she is better off now.

Taking as example the Sky case, well, she dropped Night Time My Time (2013) and then almost immediately after she started talking about the follow up (2014-15), gave a title, started performing songs at festivals, but didn't release anything until 2019, then a 3 year silence and a new single in 2022. In between all this decade, a lot of "it's coming! Possibly this year" iirc 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022 have been the same. At least she hasn't disappeared as of lately.

But Ryn hasn't done that long of promising releases, and if I'm not wrong she only started mentioning a sophomore album more often until after Reasons Not to Die.

After all that nonsense, I do hope she comes through with an album in the next 12 months. A lead single during fall, a second single in January and album by late February/March would seem a good plan, but I don't know what does she mean by "putting this record together". Mixing? Mastering? Choosing singles? Or is she in late recording sessions yet? I hope she gives a major update soon :ohno: 

she tweeted "new album this year" every year since like 2016 lol she has definitely been making a lot of false promises. but she was never as bad as sky, she's not a compulsive liar and doesn't blame everyone around her for her problems. she also writes all of her songs herself and doesn't have a proper label. 

9 minutes ago, 111 said:

she tweeted "new album this year" every year since like 2016 lol she has definitely been making a lot of false promises. but she was never as bad as sky, she's not a compulsive liar and doesn't blame everyone around her for her problems. she also writes all of her songs herself and doesn't have a proper label. 

Oh lol sorry, I didn't know. Honestly, between 2015 and 2020 I was very disconnected of her socials. Guess I missed that. Thanks for clarifying tho!

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Oh lol sorry, I didn't know. Honestly, between 2015 and 2020 I was very disconnected of her socials. Guess I missed that. Thanks for clarifying tho!

she has been very consistent in promising a new album every year around new years/early january but yeah 

10 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I think she might mean like finalizing things. I know of cases where artists have the final tracklist and the album is ready to be released the next month but then they still swap around some songs. I assume that some stuff does need some final mixing and mastering but she could still be trying to shoot videos, pick singles like you said, etc. I remember her tweeting a while ago she was trying to find funding for music videos. 

Either way, I’m also not done with her, clearly I’m still here. I think she had some major setbacks but with an entire tracklist being posted I have faith that she has a full album almost done and she will release either this year or early next year

oh and I also want to add that she did correct someone that what we know isn’t the full tracklist so I’m hoping she has a vision. She’s been way more active about talking about new music this year

On 7/26/2022 at 9:32 AM, 111 said:

i think we also forget she doesn't have a proper label because she was assaulted and had it thrown under the rug by them. I'm more forgiving towards her because she spent a good amount of time recovering in isolation ( not to say sky wasn't abused or anything but she used to be permanently online for a few years ) 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

3 hours ago, Ceremonials said:

i think we also forget she doesn't have a proper label because she was assaulted and had it thrown under the rug by them. I'm more forgiving towards her because she spent a good amount of time recovering in isolation ( not to say sky wasn't abused or anything but she used to be permanently online for a few years ) 

I know almost nothing about the abuse situation other than that abuse occurred and I would hope most people would be willing to wait as long as possible due to that alone and aren’t harsh with her. Luckily people seem to be patient

I also remember a tweet from her apologizing to a fan that its taken so long and that “the songs will explain everything” so I’m wondering how dark this supposed album will be and how honest she’s willing to be

24 minutes ago, orangedwarf99 said:

I know almost nothing about the abuse situation other than that abuse occurred and I would hope most people would be willing to wait as long as possible due to that alone and aren’t harsh with her. Luckily people seem to be patient

I also remember a tweet from her apologizing to a fan that its taken so long and that “the songs will explain everything” so I’m wondering how dark this supposed album will be and how honest she’s willing to be

I'd say she's going to pour her soul in this record and I am/I'm not ready for it :trisha: 

Thought I would mention that over the past couple days on Twitter she’s been going off about new music coming soon, like much more vocal about it than usual. I think the “releasing new music on or around her birthday” (Aug 10th) theory might be correct. If not then def at some point this year

21 hours ago, 301 said:

she also asked what has leaked or what have we heard and allegedly played demos for fans?

I was awake when she was asking about leaks but sleeping by the time she played demos for fans lmfao if only I stayed up for another 15 minutes

also I’m hoping asking about leaks means she’s putting together the tracklist

4 minutes ago, orangedwarf99 said:

I was awake when she was asking about leaks but sleeping by the time she played demos for fans lmfao if only I stayed up for another 15 minutes

also I’m hoping asking about leaks means she’s putting together the tracklist

Probably she'll keep out the leaked songs :dua: I mean, it's good considering we'd get all-new material, but that could also imply Child King = scrapped :ohno: 

2 minutes ago, sweetener said:

the way it sounds like something is actually coming this time :defeated:

Seriously… she barely even acknowledged new music comments for YEARS and suddenly these past two weeks she’s been going off about being ready, liking comments asking if she’s gonna release soon, asking about leaks, etc. 

Praying for something this month since it seems like she has no announcements for her birthday

She better release something.

:defeated:

I’ll never forget crashing my car to Pierre blasting it when it leaked. I’m guessing the reason she hasn’t put anything out has been down to previous label stuff and some other kind of sketchy shit.