The Lucky Ones

Kesha

Birthday Suit has gotta be one of my favorite songs ever...the post chorus is incredible, I love that she’s so incredibly talented that she can make the phrase “god I wanna get you in your birthday suit” sound so triumphant. Plus this song is what I’m feeling rn sooo...

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

so this are my thoughts so far

tonight

truly amazing production, super fun, and it's the perfect intro! 8/10

my own dance

FANTASTIC production and vocals, extremely catchy, i love the perfect balance between singing and talking-rapping, and the choir during the outro was unexpected and pleasantly experimental 10

raising hell

damn i love this song... the production is so good and grand just like the previous track... super fun, love the break, the vocals are great... i like the lyrics but i think it has too much religious references and it gets a little bit obvious? still love it so much. 10

high road

woah the production in this is beautiful... chill, slightly trippy, summery and it's nice to have a less chaotic but still pop enough song after all the party chaos that were the first 3 songs! the lyrics are so fun, and THE OUTRO!!! damn 10

shadow

it kinda reminds me of the song 'animal'. i like the message, but i feel like this was forced into a pop song! idk... i dont really like the beat. i think it would've worked better as an acoustic song but i guess there would've been too many of them. not necessarily a skip, but definitely the first weak song. amazing outro tho 6

honey

i love that throughout the album she's singing with her friends... sounds so genuine and makes you truly believe she's her own boss and writes and composes all of her music (not that we need any proof though). the chorus is great and i love that it's actually a great diss track... most of them i found them cringe-worthy 8

cowboy blues

fantastic lyrics, dynamic melody... humor is my favorite thing about kesha's music (and being a kesha fan), it's always nice to laugh with her even if it's an acoustic love song. also i love that she is so cute and always gets the deepest of feelings from the most random and mundane things... such a pisces song ldjsnjl damn i love her. relatable af too. a career highlight... 10

resentment

one of her better made songs ever, it sounds so 'complete'...i mean, songs like cowboy blues are highlights but they're fun, cute, genuine and super sincere but songs like this, when everything gets pretty serious, it's such a side that we see so little from her! and i love it because she is such a great songwriter and storyteller. she described resentment perfectly. VOCALS! 10

little bit of love

i dont usually use this word, but this kinda screams 'filler'... or at least demo. it had potential. the lyrics are short and don't go anywhere, also the mixing omg :rip: i love the brass tho. 3

birthday suit

great melody, i love the throwback production... so random though :lmao: not a filler, but not a highlight. it's fun! 7

kinky

i fucking hate the intro... so unnecessary! the pre chorus is amazing. i feel like it had more potential tbh, but it's still cool and it's such a throwback too! i would've liked the lyrics to be nastier. mmm... i guess 7

the potato song

ONE OF HER FUNNIEST IF NOT THE FUNNIEST SONG JDNSDSJ. i adore the instrumentation... she is a fucking genius omg, i love the lyrics. the melody is strong and i love that she's singing about a feeling that is both true and deep (wanting to be free and kinda escaping real life...) but also extremely delusional... all of this accompanied with such a comical, circus-like production omg.. like she's actually laughing at herself :rip: damn. 10

BFF

meh... dont really care for it. feel like it's too long. it's one of those songs that artists usually say they made for fun but didnt make the cut... why did it make the cut? :rip: 3

father daughter dance

love that this is her very first song about this subject... so strong from her and also very fresh regarding her discography and lyrical themes... the production is fucking amazing and i would've loved to hear more from this sound in other songs. the bridge was intense and beautiful... the strings! 9

chasing thunder

sounds straight from an imagine dragons album... too many clichés... i guess it's a nice closer. 5

I've got a long drive today & i'm sooo excited to listen to High Road for the first time.. on the road.. a little high... it's gonna be so nice. :flutter: 

I don't go as crazy for Kesha as I do for someone like Lana or Charli, but she is just as good & honestly just as important in my life as an artist... 

14417469274.gif

Big Bad Wolf>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>High Road album.

she should really ditch whatever country shit she's doing rn (maybe keep a few tracks) and start doing more sophisticated electropop like this. so far BBW, emotional and lover are the most interesting tracks she released in the last 5 years..

Big Bad Wolf>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>High Road album.

she should really ditch whatever country shit she's doing rn (maybe keep a few tracks) and start doing more sophisticated electropop like this. so far BBW, emotional and lover are the most interesting tracks she released in the last 5 years..

Did it leak?