larina

Beatrice Dautresme, Lana's Grandma?

:hae:

I was looking at something that I forgot now and I read somewhere that Lana has a grandma named Beatrice Dautresme and in a photoshoot of her in April 1969 for Vogue, she looks almost identical to Lana! Is this all real or is it photoshopped and edited or another person who looks really similar to Lana but has no relation with her.

Here are images of the photos in the magazine:

tumblr_m8ohewtGYq1r0ir1xo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8ohx4xuYC1r0ir1xo1_1280.jpg

PY-qV95aK4s.jpg

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

lmao I remember people spreading this back in 2012. No, its not true whatsoever.  :biblio:  If I recall, she was even asked about it in an interview

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I never believed this theory of Dautresme being Lana's grandmother, especially because it's solely based on their pretty similar looks what isn't a proof for me at all.

According to this site her grandmother's names are Cynthia Grant and Madeline Hill. I don't know how trustworthy this information is but this article on the website of the NY Times about Rob's and Pat's marriage lists at least the same names of her grandfathers as my first source does. So I just dare to believe that the names Cynthia and Madeline are their real ones too. And unless Lana somehow has a third grandma Beatrice Dautresme is not related to her (at least not as her grandmother).

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Erroneous, tbh.

tumblr_mbok7tmYLP1qh80fro1_250.gif

She'd probably be a few years older than Rob. Also, I don't know much about Lana's family tree, but her last name is not Grant, nor Hill (Pat's maiden name, if I'm not mistaken.) She could be unmarried when she pictured there, but it's still slim chance.

Nice try. Not everyone who looks fab and vintage is related to Lana.