dirkdabo

Lana to perform at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles Oct 17 and 18

People on ATRL saying that wasn't a good performance and she sounded different from the album? -_- It sounded just like the album version minus a wrong lyric. They need lives.

Mary's praying the rosary for those disgusting mouths of theirs! God bless!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

She looked pretty nervous to be singing shades of cool live for the first time. As far as "lemme fuck you hard in the pouring rain" I think what happened is when she performed the song live before releasing an official version it was always "fuck you hard" then when the single came out it was "kiss you hard" http://pitchfork.com/news/44562-watch-lana-del-rey-perform-her-next-single-born-2-die/

does someone know if they're recording the shows for something? I can't remember seeing that kind of camera equipment (like the crane) at any other show lana did (except festivals of course)

i76mrxw.png 

does someone know if they're recording the shows for something? I can't remember seeing that kind of camera equipment (like the crane) at any other show lana did (except festivals of course)

i think they are recording it and maybe thats why she was nervous :s

People on ATRL saying that wasn't a good performance and she sounded different from the album? -_- It sounded just like the album version minus a wrong lyric. They need lives.

Her SOC performance was not part of her planned set list. Before singing it she had a back and forth with the band and she would say- that one? do we know that one? how does it start? 

Seemed a band member suggested it and kind of urged her on to do it. It was not a perfect performance but we were so lucky to hear the first live SOC performance, sung purely from passion. 

Bury me to Bel Air.

Glad she did Shades of Cool over Carmen, that song seems like such a drag live.

I'm glad she didn't sing Carmen on Friday night.  I've never liked that song.  All of the songs she sang on Friday were ones I like, although "Cruel World," "Cola," "Ultraviolence," and "Million Dollar Man" aren't in my regular Lana playlist.

Anyone have the set list from Saturday?  I'm curious as to whether she substituted "Shades of Cool" in place of another song, or just added it to the list.

i think they are recording it and maybe thats why she was nervous :s

They didn't record Friday, so Saturday must have been special.  Did you mean she seemed nervous the entire time, or just during "Shades of Cool?"

Anyone have the set list from Saturday?  I'm curious as to whether she substituted "Shades of Cool" in place of another song, or just added it to the list.

According to this review the setlist was:

Cruel World

Cola

Body Electric

Blue Jeans

West Coast

Born to Die

Ultraviolence

Old Money

Carmen (Friday) / Shades of Cool (Saturday)

Summertime Sadness

Million Dollar Man

Ride

Video Games

National Anthem

But is that right?

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

According to this review the setlist was:

Cruel World

Cola

Body Electric

Blue Jeans

West Coast

Born to Die

Ultraviolence

Old Money

Carmen (Friday) / Shades of Cool (Saturday)

Summertime Sadness

Million Dollar Man

Ride

Video Games

National Anthem

But is that right?

I can't speak for Saturday, but I was there on Friday, and she definitely did NOT sing "Carmen."  She did a brief sound check earlier in the show, and I don't know what she was singing because I was relocating and wasn't really paying attention.  Plus, "Carmen" is a song I really don't like, so I don't know the words, so perhaps she was singing some of "Carmen" acapella for the sound check?  I'm not sure.  Perhaps someone else who was there can speak to that?  But she definitely did not perform that song in a "normal" fashion, if she sang it at all.

Yeah that's right! She blew through them though. Like kinda rushed. But she was so cute to the audience when this guy yelled sit on my face! She blushed and bent over and flipped her hair. It was such a funny response. But I am so glad she played SOC. For the first time ever!

But she was so cute to the audience when this guy yelled sit on my face! She blushed and bent over and flipped her hair. It was such a funny response.

LOL!  I hope someone got THAT on video!!

AND SAD GIRL, BLACK BEAUTY, PRETTY WHEN YOU CRY AND FLORIDA KILOS!!!!(...)!!!!

YEP!!

It looks like she didn't sing Ride AND Shades of Cool...but if she sang Ride and Brooklyn Baby, it would make my life...

Also she sounds gorgeous during Shades of Cool, thanks for posting!

Honestly even though I'm glad she's is performing more songs from Ultraviolence i think Carmen is so much better than Shades Of Cool and she should've sang it instead!

Well I don't know if it's better, but it's definitely a great song

I am surprised at how many people criticized it in this thread, I mean come on it's a standard BTD song with all the Lana trademarks on it. Just listen to this flawless performance. It's something different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWmW16r5dsQ

Well I don't know if it's better, but it's definitely a great song

I am surprised at how many people criticized it in this thread, I mean come on it's a standard BTD song with all the Lana trademarks on it. Just listen to this flawless performance. It's something different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWmW16r5dsQ

Yeah ikr. Personally it's one of my favorites. But the reason I think she should've performed Carmen instead of Shades Of Cool is because this was still the Paradise tour. If we get a HQ recording of this performance I will be so pissed that she didn't perform it since she sang it amazing on this tour, at least judging on low quality videos.

I AM MY ONLY GOD