Dopeanddiamonds

Lana Del Rey to be covered in American Horror Story

leaked_version, on 03 Oct 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

One of the worst songs she put on a record. Cliché lyrics, lifeless production and the terrible faux- jazz singing live versions of it annoy the hell out of me. Ultimate ear-stabbing attack

I respect you have a strong opinion and I agree with a lot of things you post, but not on this one. You are so wrong when you say it's one of the worst songs on the record I can't even...

Anyway, the mood she created with the song is hauntingly beautiful, the lyrics are nowhere near cliché (I think they're genius, please point out the ones that you think are cliché) and that final chorus is to die for.

It's true that some of the perfomances of it are... well, not that pleasing, but the latest ones are magnificent, you can tell she really likes the song and she enjoys singing it...

Also it's one of my favourites, so I really disagree with you.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I respect you have a strong opinion and I agree with a lot of things you post, but not on this one. You are so wrong when you say it's one of the worst songs on the record I can't even...

Anyway, the mood she created with the song is hauntingly beautiful, the lyrics are nowhere near cliché (I think they're genius, please point out the ones that you think are cliché) and that final chorus is to die for.

It's true that some of the perfomances of it are... well, not that pleasing, but the latest ones are magnificent, you can tell she really likes the song and she enjoys singing it...

Also it's one of my favourites, so I really disagree with you.

Even if I did and try, it wouldn't change your feelings towards this song, which is okay. Different strokes and all. Among my favourites on BTD are Radio and Diet Mtn Dew which the majority hates on here.

If I ever get that one on her concerts (if I ever consider going for various reasons), it would be the perfect song for a piss-break of to get a beer for me.

Even if I did and try, it wouldn't change your feelings towards this song, which is okay. Different strokes and all. Among my favourites on BTD are Radio and Diet Mtn Dew which the majority hates on here.

If I ever get that one on her concerts (if I ever consider going for various reasons), it would be the perfect song for a piss-break of to get a beer for me.

To each his own, I guess.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Y'all, I'm so excited for this you have not idea  :toofunny:  I've been a fan of the show since season 1 and season 2 is by far my favorite. I don't know which song she'll cover but I don't agree with most of y'all who say it can be Young and Beautiful. Throughout the seasons of the show, Jessica Lange's characters have ALWAYS had a mini-storyline where they want to remain young and still have their shit together or whatever. I don't know if Ryan Murphy would want to do that for the fourth time  :crossed:  (And for the people who want to start watching the show, you can start at any season you want. Every season has 13 episodes and a storyline of their own which does not connect to other seasons. New characters and new plot lines every seasons)

Bm2AvMo.gif

I feel like the most likely choices are: Million Dollar Man, Y & B, Money Power Glory, and Bel Air. Those to me just have lyrics that seem like they will make most sense. TBH you can cancel out a lot of Lana's songs if they have references to things after the 50s or use ghetto slang. That's really most of her songs lol

2dt29zc.jpg

I feel like the most likely choices are: Million Dollar Man, Y & B, Money Power Glory, and Bel Air. Those to me just have lyrics that seem like they will make most sense. TBH you can cancel out a lot of Lana's songs if they have references to things after the 50s or use ghetto slang. That's really most of her songs lol

MPG is kind of unlikely, too. But yeah, my bets would be on Y&B or MDM.

Watch how they ignore all odds and take Video Games :creep:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

So the season premiered yesterday... did anyone see it? like I have to wait bc I live in Spain and I wanna know the song!!! PLEASE

I think Lana's song will be in next week's episode?

Here's the AHS thread: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/2726-american-horror-story/  It might be the more active thread for awhile until they air Lana's song.

Trying to decide whether to get into this show... guess I'm a little behind already :tsk:

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png