GangstaBoy

Lana's Eli Roth Collaboration Surfaces; Marilyn Manson Denies Then Clarifies Involvement

The video isn't on vimeo anymore..  nor are the still shots of lana.. that sucks

I know, I didn't get to see it and I really want to :pft:

sugar baby crying ezgif_com_c98a0a05e8.gif tears of gold

did you watch it on youtube via tumblr link? or did you just stare at the gifs?

these are the "snippets" of an assumed larger project

No, I watched it. Now, I want to see the full video :eek:

image.png

as someone who goes mental over the abuse and mistreatment of women and misogyny in the media, i dont find that this glamourises rape. sometimes art has to be shocking and controversial to make you think. like satinedali said - rape is real and it is happening, we need to face up to it and stop treating it like a taboo. 

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

I think there's been a misunderstanding about the Marilyn thing, when Eli said in the interview he 'shot a video with Marilyn Manson and Lana Del Rey' he didn't really say anything indicating Marilyn was IN the video. I think it has more to do with the fact that he produced it since STURMGRUPPE is his production company...

It's all been taken down now. I shouldn't have said anything about the video :eek:

I feel guilty now, kill me :cuteface:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

as someone who goes mental over the abuse and mistreatment of women and misogyny in the media, i dont find that this glamourises rape. sometimes art has to be shocking and controversial to make you think. like satinedali said - rape is real and it is happening, we need to face up to it and stop treating it like a taboo. 

I think this is a interesting discussion. I don't think people treat rape as a taboo tbh.  One thing is the fact, which is rape, the other is the victim, the aggressor and circumstances. Should the aggressor and aggression be treated with normality? Taking away the taboo from the victim, which is admit the fact rape happens, is one thing, applying  the normality towards the rapist is another.

Can we consider a video like this art? Projects no discussion itself, has no message in it if you look at it for what it is. So is shock value as a form of art or is just shock value for the sake of attention and a glamourized aesthetic? Does such thing make rape sound less of a taboo to the victim or the message of normality and absence of discussion in the video makes the aggressor feel like is normal to rape woman? 

Shock Value is one of my favorites forms of art, but just like sarcasm is the witty form of humor, Shock Value is the witty form of art.  Can go wrong quite easily. In this case, if this video is all the project was, is indeed an empty vassel with gratuitous and glamorized violence in which the glamour remains on the aggressor, not the shame, not the pain of the victim but the normality of the aggression filmed in a glamorous way. 

glgcDdT.gif