GangstaBoy

'Big Eyes' and 'I Can Fly' Released, Featured in Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'

article on Pitchfork

The title track appears halfway through the movie, while "I Can Fly" is used over the credits. "Lana’s song expresses what Margaret is feeling so perfectly, it’s like a soliloquy of her inner thoughts," producer and co-screenwriter Larry Karaszewski said of the title track. Del Rey co-wrote "Big Eyes" with Daniel Heath and "I Can Fly" with Rick Nowels. The former contains the refrain "big eyes / big lies," while the latter contains the line, "I had a dream that I was fine / I wasn’t crazy, I was divine."

The Hollywood Reporter reports that it seems likely that one of the songs will be pushed for an Oscar nomination. That should make up for last year's "Young and Beautiful" from The Great Gatsby, which was literally the target of a propaganda campaign meant to keep it from the nominations. #JusticeForLana

This better come through at the Oscars, unless the same damn people claim the Rick Nowels track was intended for UV

BzhmW.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it says she wrote the songs with Rick and Dan H. There's no official mention of the producer(s).

After all what went down between her and her label after she insisted on Auerbach to produce UV and its floppage, I doubt Auerbach will get another chance. Interscope is noT having it.

After all what went down between her and her label after she insisted on Auerbach to produce UV and its floppage, I doubt Auerbach will get another chance. Interscope is noT having it.

I don't think the label would consider the album to be a flop, though. It's much less conventional in sound and had zero promotion and still sold 1.3 millionish WW and 400K in the US (on par with BTD at this stage). She did pretty well for an alternative artist in this sales climate, actually. Most Interscope artists sell much less. She also has longevity and I expect UV to be a sleeper success a la BTD.

I don't think the label would consider the album to be a flop, though. It's much less conventional in sound and had zero promotion and still sold 1.3 millionish WW and 400K in the US (on par with BTD at this stage). She did pretty well for an alternative artist in this sales climate, actually. Most Interscope artists sell much less. She also has longevity and I expect UV to be a sleeper success a la BTD.

No, she flopped miserably and we should just accept it and move on. BTD was holding strong on the charts, UV is not even on the iTunes Top200 anymore, It fell off everywhere and nobody cares if she promotes or not. It just matters if she sells or not. A she is probably at 1.2 million and it will take her months to even reach 1.3 since she is selling 3k in the States per week max and this has become her biggest market.

I mean...why do you act like Interscope only handles top selling pop artists...

I give you that.

But they never wanted him and I think they have way less reason to want him more.

And it wasn't just Interscope, the Universal people in Europe wanted him even less.

Plus, Heath is her friend and her to-go-guy for a soundtrack.

I wanted Auerbach myself actually, I like some stuff from TBK and UV wouldn't work with anybody else IMO, but yeah.

I wanted Auerbach myself actually, I like some stuff from TBK and UV wouldn't work with anybody else IMO, but yeah.

You guys are just begging for that Mariah-Stan creature to come back and drag this thread down to the petty conditions their species thrive in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it says she wrote the songs with Rick and Dan H. There's no official mention of the producer(s).

Oh okay, I just read the posts here.

Don't get me wrong, I looove UV..I just wanted to hear a different sound.

I mean...why does he still go into threads and flamebait about irrelevant things when it's beating a dead horse?

BzhmW.png

I know a Christoph Waltz stan who is gonna be so pissed he's affiliated with Lana :poordat:

But with this soundtrack reputation it's like...she HAS to be approached for a Bond song. Right?