GangstaBoy

'Big Eyes' and 'I Can Fly' Released, Featured in Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'

I mean...why does he still go into threads and flamebait about irrelevant things when it's beating a dead horse?

I totally agree. But isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? Although I guess your domain is more status updates.

w8 pitchfork wrote an article that contained the hash tag #justiceforlana? my my, how the tables have turned :candy:

Hasn't Pitchfork mostly been in the tank for Lana?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

So glad its been confirmed and I'm over the moon we are getting not just one but two brand new tracks. I'm really curious about I Can Fly the most.

Also praying that Lana will get at least an Oscar nomination after the debacle that happened with young and beautiful.

Hopefully if all goes well (That's if the film is well received & she gets her Oscar nomination\win) it might push the Bond Producers into giving her the theme.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Since when has Duffy sung a Bond Theme?

"You know my name" was actually very cool. But yeah, I just can't imagine Smith doing a cool bondsong...

Duffy never ended up doing it. It became Alicia Keys and Jack White.... Which was....  :facepalm:

Duffy never ended up doing it. It became Alicia Keys and Jack White.... Which was....  :facepalm:

OT but "Rain on Your Parade" was the Duffy track intended to be the Bond theme and it's not that great either :toofunny:

BzhmW.png

Not sure if serious (or I don't understand the euphemism you used) but hell no. They think she duped them for not actually being indie, they were so vitriolic after that.

Born to die review where they compare the album to a faked orgasm, which is what everyone then quoted and smugly patted themselves on the backs:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16223-lana-del-rey/

Not sure if serious (or I don't understand the euphemism you used) but hell no. They think she duped them for not actually being indie, they were so vitriolic after that.

Oh, I just remember their early coverage (like fall 2011) was pretty positive which the hipsterrunoffs of the world criticized.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

OT but "Rain on Your Parade" was the Duffy track intended to be the Bond theme and it's not that great either :toofunny:

I actually remember once there was a track called Quantum of Solace by Duffy upload to a registry site and there was even a preview. I listened to it and have never been able to find it again, though I don't really care

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

not really imo. the UV review was much more legitimate than the BtD one, but Pitchfork still doesn't consider her a serious artist and are more than happy to fall into the trap of discussing her authenticity or weather she's a feminist.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

not really imo. the UV review was much more legitimate than the BtD one, but Pitchfork still doesn't consider her a serious artist and are more than happy to fall into the trap of discussing her authenticity or whether she's a feminist.

grammar-nazi-meme-generator-spell-it-rig

I heard on the radio yesterday (uk) that sam smith got the bond theme song,  :pft:

so its either true or they are getting ahead of themselves 

Idc about the invented feud between them but that's still ridiculous...Sam Smith has had only one album and like no ACTUAL impact beyond decent sales

Surely they must approach her in the future though

There's been a trailer for Big Eyes on Youtube for a while with generic trailer-music. I'm hoping now that the news is out and confirmed, they re-cut it ASAP with the theme song.

Idc about the invented feud between them but that's still ridiculous...Sam Smith has had only one album and like no ACTUAL impact beyond decent sales

Surely they must approach her in the future though

There's a certain over-the-topness and sense of fun that is a Bond theme tradition - Sam Smith seems like a bit of a lightweight to be filling those boots (to mix some metaphors).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png