buster

The Endless Summer Tour 2015

@@graham4anything Best post ever. You made some great points. I will say that I take photos at all of the shows I go to but I love photography too. So I try hard to balance the art if taking good photos and being in the moment to enjoy the show. Again, great post!!!

Chula vista, California show just wrapped a little while ago.. anyone there? anything new to post?

Experiences? thoughts? anything?..

I saw some clips, and she sounded good to me..although a few recordings made it sound on one song, like it was being rushed a little..

which would surprise me, as i feel Lana really lets her vocals 'simmer' and doesn't rush songs normally..

brooklyn baby is such a great song from her, and sounded amazing..as did Blue Jeans.. :P

I'm dissapointed with the Setlist, where are her Ultraviolence songs?

I need Florida Kilos, PWYC, Sad Girl,Old Money ,Flipside and FMWUTTT

She did perform 5 songs from UV.  I missed "Old Money" though; I wish she had performed that.

Since "Florida Kilos" and "Flipside" are both bonus tracks, I doubt we'll ever see those live.  FMWUTTT has probably been replaced by one of her unreleased songs.  I don't know if PWYC or SG were ever performed live.  But some things have to give to make room for the new stuff.  She only performed one song from Paradise for this tour so far, which was "Cola."  "Summertime Sadness" and "Video Games" are staple songs for her; I'm sure she'll always perform those, as well as "Born To Die."  She may eventually dump "Blue Jeans" from the set list in favor of more unreleased stuff, or "Honeymoon" songs after that album comes out (for her next tour, of course, not this one).

She did perform 5 songs from UV.  I missed "Old Money" though; I wish she had performed that.

Since "Florida Kilos" and "Flipside" are both bonus tracks, I doubt we'll ever see those live.  FMWUTTT has probably been replaced by one of her unreleased songs.  I don't know if PWYC or SG were ever performed live.  But some things have to give to make room for the new stuff.  She only performed one song from Paradise for this tour so far, which was "Cola."  "Summertime Sadness" and "Video Games" are staple songs for her; I'm sure she'll always perform those, as well as "Born To Die."  She may eventually dump "Blue Jeans" from the set list in favor of more unreleased stuff, or "Honeymoon" songs after that album comes out (for her next tour, of course, not this one).

That's the thing, she doesn't *need* to move anything to make room for new songs -- she could just increase her setlists to a reasonable size for a proper headlining act.  It's sort of ridiculous to only perform 14 or 15 songs when you're an established artist headlining ~20,000 seat venues.  When her peers go on tour they perform ~25 songs at the same venues...

That's the thing, she doesn't *need* to move anything to make room for new songs -- she could just increase her setlists to a reasonable size for a proper headlining act.  It's sort of ridiculous to only perform 14 or 15 songs when you're an established artist headlining ~20,000 seat venues.  When her peers go on tour they perform ~25 songs at the same venues...

That's a good point.  Her shows are somewhat short compared to others.  She could do a longer show and have an intermission, not that that would help the pit people... :)  But yeah, Courtney Love's set was almost as long as Lana's, and Courtney was just the opening act!  She could definitely stand to do more songs.  (Maybe it's a marketing ploy by her label -- leave the fans wanting more so they'll come to the next concert!)

Should I even bother showing up early tomorrow for my show? I mean i want to come sort of early, but like do you think she'll meet fans before the show? My concert has no GA so...Hoping she'll meet fans after but probably not.

If you have an assigned seat and there's no pit that you're trying to get into, then I wouldn't bother showing up early.  Well, maybe early enough to avoid some of the parking crowd if you're driving, and if you want to see Courtney, since not everyone will be there to see her. 

I get the feeling that Lana is pretty much past the "meeting and greeting fans before/after the show" phase of her career.  She used to do that when she played smaller venues, but as popular as she has become, she's playing larger venues now and seems to have greatly increased security.  I think they try to keep her out of the public's view when she's not actually on stage.  At least that's been my experience the last 2 times I saw her.

I get the feeling that Lana is pretty much past the "meeting and greeting fans before/after the show" phase of her career.  She used to do that when she played smaller venues, but as popular as she has become, she's playing larger venues now and seems to have greatly increased security.  I think they try to keep her out of the public's view when she's not actually on stage.  At least that's been my experience the last 2 times I saw her.

Didn't see just meet fans after the show in Colorado? I swear I saw people posting pics of and with her before and after the show. The show where she is wearing white. 

Didn't see just meet fans after the show in Colorado? I swear I saw people posting pics of and with her before and after the show. The show where she is wearing white. 

Could be, I didn't see the pictures.  Maybe it depends on the venue, and how much security there is (or isn't) around the entrances and whatnot.  In our case, we could see where the tour buses and equipment trucks were, but it was fenced off from quite a distance and there was security all around, so there was no way people would've been able to get anywhere near Lana before or after the show.

I feel like it would be so chaotic to meet her after the show at the bowl  :toofunny: 20k people. I have one more question lol, i dont really go to seated concerts, so how hard do you think it would be for me to move up to an empty seat (hopefully ~the front...). Im currently in the middle section of the bowl which isnt too bad. Should i wait till like half time, when courtney is over, etc. Im nervous for tomorrow lol

Demos_copy.png

I feel like it would be so chaotic to meet her after the show at the bowl  :toofunny: 20k people. I have one more question lol, i dont really go to seated concerts, so how hard do you think it would be for me to move up to an empty seat (hopefully ~the front...). Im currently in the middle section of the bowl which isnt too bad. Should i wait till like half time, when courtney is over, etc. Im nervous for tomorrow lol

It totally depends on the venue security, I think.  I was in the front section of the bowl, and the security was there all night to check tickets going in/out.  So it would have been pretty impossible to move up to our section without a ticket.  (Unless you got physical snuck by them.)  But things may be different at your show. 

Have a great time!

I feel like it would be so chaotic to meet her after the show at the bowl  :toofunny: 20k people. I have one more question lol, i dont really go to seated concerts, so how hard do you think it would be for me to move up to an empty seat (hopefully ~the front...). Im currently in the middle section of the bowl which isnt too bad. Should i wait till like half time, when courtney is over, etc. Im nervous for tomorrow 

I was in the far left section at the Phx show and security was checking all night like they were on everybody me and my friend were going to try to do the same but security was pretty tight 

I can't wait to finally see Lana live tomorrow! I'm not sure what time to arrive or what the best situation is for parking. Every one I've spoken with said to not park in the venue. Hmmm..any suggestions? I've also heard that some people show up tje night before and sleep in line. I'm assuming that because this is not GA that this won't be a problem. it's a pleasure to meet everyone on the board :-) I'm going to keep checking back for updates and/or tips from anyone attending tomorrow. I will also update myself once I arrive

@@prettywhenicry  

Lana does 5 songs from Ultraviolence including what I think is her best vocal on record and live, "Shades of Cool". It is Roy Orbison operatic in my opinion as the song goes on.

(oh if only we could have heard her and Roy have done something together)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@prettywhenicry  

Lana does 5 songs from Ultraviolence including what I think is her best vocal on record and live, "Shades of Cool". It is Roy Orbison operatic in my opinion as the song goes on.

(oh if only we could have heard her and Roy have done something together)

Ah, you're so lovely! Roy is my #1. But hey, there's still Chris Isaak who almost sounds like Roy...