prettydrugs

Big Eyes nominated for Best Original Song at 2015 Golden Globes

Yellow Flicker Beat is Lorde talking over some weird instrumental... nowhere near Big Eyes. 

I truly think Big Eyes is the best nominee, but I doubt it will win. It should've been I Can Fly.

Guest Dot

Correct me if I am wrong but the reason we haven't seen it on the charts anywhere is because there hasn't been an official release. Not even pre order. The song can't chart until its released. I personally don't think a song needs to chart to be considered a great song. Some of Lana's most amazing work never charted or charted poorly.

Anyway, I'm not going to even bother with that other person. "Big Eyes" is not even released on itunes and how the fuck are you going to find it on the charts. :derpna3:

You guys have got to be kidding! Do you really think I'm not aware of the fact that Big Eyes hasn't been commercially released after complaining about there being no new official singles? :derpna3: :bye2:

I was making a joke after reading Mooriah's newest thesis on how to determine whether a song is good or worth a nomination.

His comment:

how about BORDE her sing? How in the hell that TRASH of a song get nominated? Seriously, THE WORST hunger games song so far. We Remain, Atlas, And Taylor's song were FAR superior. There is a reason why the song FLOPPED to oblivion and didn't catch on despite HUGE promotional push by her label and the soundtrack sold only like 20k.

The Hanging Tree despite not being the theme of the movie caught on instead, but it's not legible. Poor borde and enough discussion about that golem.

My response:

I haven't seen Big Eyes on the charts anywhere. It flopped, so it's automatically shit. :derpna: Also, who are you to talk if the artist you promote in your avi has produced some the worst flop albums of the century and has now lost the last bit of what people used to give her credit for?

You have to be either blind or just plain stupid to not see the emoticon and think I was being serious. :bye3:

you get so over the top about things on lanaboards i think u should chill out a bit maybe have a bath and relax

Gurl, me and Gangsta are having baths all the time. You've just never been invited...

giphy.gif

Anyway...if you would've paid a bit attention to what other people have written in here and how some other members (I will not bother to mention any names) are behaving you'll see that you told the wrong person to calm down.

Okay y'all can hate Big Eyes but I just CAN'T understand how you guys think I Can Fly is the better track  :smh:  :smh:  :smh:

I agree with the Mariah Stan... Big Eyes is her best soundtrack while ICF is just... kinda trash.

Just like 80% of LB can't understand why you think Brooklyn Baby is "trash" as well.

Taste is taste, but I don't see anything interesting in the ICF chorus. She streches the phrase out in a tiring way and then throws in a sentence before streching out another phrase into eternity. The whole thing displays less emotion than Lucky Ones. The structure is like the average song construct and the lyrics ... well, a question of taste again. I think the way she sings them makes them sound dull and life-less, "faux-emotion".

I agree on BE being messy and definitly a song that may not be everyone's cup of tea. I also expected more from it, but you see, it IS a soundtrack song and not meant to be a major radio single. And in this way, it really succeeds, unlike ICF, which, in my eyes, is just some ballad. And i think IF she has a chance to win with one of the two songs, it's BE, because it really has some kind of suspense curve and a cinematic sound, instead of the monotonous way ICF is just going on and on.

So the "stop being delusional" applies to both camps quite well. BE is messy and could have been better easily but ICF is just a quite medicore ballad with nothing special happening.

I personally prefer BE, even though I am also quite sure it won't win the award.

Well yeah, OUAD is a great movie soundtrack song. Y&B is actually quite a nice song in general, even though i found the way they placed it in The Great Gatsby was underwhelming.

Haha, I didn't wanted to prevent anyone from liking ICF in the first place, I just wanted to go out of this "Song A is bad but song B is great! - No song B is great, song A is trash" discussion ;D

Couldn't have said it better. #VoteforElectricBodyasMOTM :mariah:

While I don't necessarilly agree with Big Eyes > I Can Fly I will applaud you on providing an exemplary analysis and comparison of the two songs! Seriously there's a great problem with respecting each other's taste on this board. Calling a song TRASH without even elaborating on what YOU don't like about it is just downright disrespectful towards the artist and the people that actually like the song. If you don't like it, that's absolutely fine but calling it TRASH is just simply ignorant and stupid. And I'm not only talking about Lana's songs, I'm talking about music in general. I have to admit that I'm not 100% innocent when it comes to bashing other artists but I always explain why I think someone's music is overrated.

Couldn't have said it better. #VoteforElectricBodyasMOTM :mariah:

While I don't necessarilly agree with Big Eyes > I Can Fly I will applaud you on providing an exemplary analysis and comparison of the two songs! Seriously there's a great problem with respecting each other's taste on this board. Calling a song TRASH without even elaborating on what YOU don't like about it is just downright disrespectful towards the artist and the people that actually like the song. If you don't like it, that's absolutely fine but calling it TRASH is just simply ignorant and stupid. And I'm not only talking about Lana's songs, I'm talking about music in general. I have to admit that I'm not 100% innocent when it comes to bashing other artists but I always explain why I think someone's music is overrated.

tumblr_ma99lbASNf1rullqzo1_500.gif

Yup, I don't like this "xyz is trash"/"her/his baddes song!" etc.

At least, if it's without a "In my opinion ..." at the beginning.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

You have to be either blind or just plain stupid to not see the emoticon and think I was being serious. :bye3:

A small blurry emoticon of Lana's face that appears to be indifferent was not the best at letting us know you were joking. I left a genuine comment because I thought you were serious. I was trying to be helpful and I can't seem to understand why rudeness is the go-to attribute when responding. Either way, a 19 year old who doesn't know me but calls me blind or stupid isn't something I need to worry about. I now know there is no need to comment on your posts.

Guest Dot

A small blurry emoticon of Lana's face that appears to be indifferent was not the best at letting us know you were joking. I left a genuine comment because I thought you were serious. I was trying to be helpful and I can't seem to understand why rudeness is the go-to attribute when responding. Either way, a 19 year old who doesn't know me but calls me blind or stupid isn't something I need to worry about. I now know there is no need to comment on your posts.

:eartha: I'm sorry, I suppose you didn't get it because you're new here but that gif is called *derpna*. I think most people except for @Me I Am...Whoever (who that comment was mainly directed to) know that I was clearly joking.

:eartha: I'm sorry, I suppose you didn't get it because you're new here but that gif is called *derpna*. I think most people except for @Me I Am...Whoever (who that comment was mainly directed to) know that I was clearly joking.

No worries. That was probably it. I don't think I had seen or notice that gif before. Thanks for clearing that up.

If she wins this big 3, that may open eyes of those who don't award her enough. Y&B had 8 noms, 0 wins, I wonder if she's valued in movie awards. Just reminder, 11 out of 46 in music awards, Lana deserves more, though I don't think she personally finds it that important.

Anyhow, the song is very good!

mariah shut the fuck up

youre always jinxing shit

just shut the fuck up and wait

youre so annoying ffs

shes not snatching anything, just deal with it and stop being delusional, its a lot easier

glory IS taking it and thats it

you always do this

''just wait till'' ''yeah lets wait she will SNATCH @ *puts some awards' name*'' ''cant wait for january 15th @ oscars nominations :duca:''

youre just here for the bling, stop making these ~~promises~~ because lana is not a critics darling to back it up

and stop doing this shit on atrl too because u give us lana stans a bad name

drink bleach

bye and dont quote me

EDIT: ok so i was a biT mad, lbr i like u and u r cool n stuff cuz ure always dragging fadga and everything but this is not a good look sis, stop jinxing it, just stop, keep ur fucking mouth shut

If she wins this big 3, that may open eyes of those who don't award her enough. Y&B had 8 noms, 0 wins, I wonder if she's valued in movie awards. Just reminder, 11 out of 46 in music awards, Lana deserves more, though I don't think she personally finds it that important.
Anyhow, the song is very good!

y&b actually won a satellite award

mariah shut the fuck up

youre always jinxing shit

just shut the fuck up and wait

youre so annoying ffs

shes not snatching anything, just deal with it and stop being delusional, its a lot easier

glory IS taking it and thats it

you always do this

''just wait till'' ''yeah lets wait she will SNATCH @ *puts some awards' name*'' ''cant wait for january 15th @ oscars nominations :duca:''

youre just here for the bling, stop making these ~~promises~~ because lana is not a critics darling to back it up

and stop doing this shit on atrl too because u give us lana stans a bad name

drink bleach

byeeeeeeeeeeee

:mariah: :mariah: :mariah:

EDIT. Oh the irony :toofunny:

ZmJh1LG.jpg