ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

If she claims the album will arrive August, how soon before the album release would be an appropriate time be for the first single to come out? Trying to figure out a likely time frame.

West Coast came out about exactly 2 months before the record, if that helps (14 April -> 13 June)

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

No shade, but girls, especially Me: I Am Mariah, I am not sure why you all are so here for a hip hop tune from Mother Lana. I will admit that the hip hop splashed flavoring of some of BTD give a small amount of life, but not enough to make me crave a new album under that same vein. It does not help, I guess, that I am not a hip hop girl at oils. I could deal with something along the lines of Dark Paradise or Cola, even though Cola is not a BTD tune. It gives an uptempo dance flair that is completely different from anything on UV and seems individual to Lana. I would like another AFFA, JFK...I mean, yes, maybe those songs come across as predictable from Lana, but they also show Lana at her best.

No shade, but girls, especially Me: I Am Mariah, I am not sure why you all are so here for a hip hop tune from Mother Lana.

I am one of those who are here for more hip hop/pop influenced beats and my reasoning behind it is that that's the kind of music I like? Do I need another reason? I have an appreciation for Lana's typical style of music (see: Ride, or like you mentioned, AFFA, JFK, etc) but I also like when an artist has a variety of down-, mid-, and up-tempo songs. Seeing as this last album gave us mostly down- to mid-tempo songs aside from the bop that is Florida Kilos, I would like to see Lana spice it back up, especially if she is planning to go in a happier direction with Honeymoon. Don't get me wrong, it took me awhile to warm up to it, but I like Ultraviolence and the direction she took. It suits her! But I think Lana is a very versatile artist and does really well with faster, hip-hop influenced songs like OTTR and it would be a shame if she never sang another songs in that style. 

before y'all come at me, but I think that OTTR will be a one-time event in Lana discography. I will eat my words if she suprises me. I have never ever heard a song like that. Such a rollercoaster-ride, at least that's how I explain this song to others. But I rather think that by the way how she described the writing process for this record, it ain't gonna happen, lyrically. And the song had this great production on it, it was insane.

Its what made me become a fan of hers in the first place. The record is so dynamic, dope, and exciting in its nature. So rollercoaster was the perfect word.

I love the title, Honeymoon. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it was similar to BTD/PD because Born to Die is a very rough title and Paradise is soft and pretty. Ultraviolence is rough, Honeymoon is soft and pretty.  :hooker:

REJPMf7.png

Do any of you think it will end up as something like "Ultraviolence: the Honeymoon edition" ? i think it would make sense to package them like that, especially because of the stark contrasts between the ideas painted in both (assuming honeymoon is greatly inspired by Lana's new boyfriend, as Ultraviolence was inspired by her hardships with Barrie), what do you guys think? 

Do any of you think it will end up as something like "Ultraviolence: the Honeymoon edition" ? i think it would make sense to package them like that, especially because of the stark contrasts between the ideas painted in both (assuming honeymoon is greatly inspired by Lana's new boyfriend, as Ultraviolence was inspired by her hardships with Barrie), what do you guys think? 

What a great analysis. I could definitely see that being its sort of an ongoing theme with her musically.

You're probably right ! It's really a spécial song. But maybe having such a stand out track is possible ? One that captures your attention for tzars after, like it's the case of my poor soul..

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I hope and I pray that Mark brings back the hip-hop/urban-ish vintage Lana sound with the Emile style beats. I would love a nostalgic feel  :flutter:

Give me Off to the Races, Blue Jeans, Lolita, This Is What Makes Us Girl and Nation Anthem with a dash of Cruel World and a hint of Sirens.

I hope not, i want a whole slate rather than a continuation of this era.

I hope not, i want a whole slate rather than a continuation of this era.

Yeah, unless Honeymoon was a continuation of music produced by Dan Auerbach, I don't think it would work as a continuation. I'm all for a clean slate too.

Yeah, unless Honeymoon was a continuation of music produced by Dan Auerbach, I don't think it would work as a continuation. I'm all for a clean slate too.

I think I agree to some extent, too. I don't want to say goodbye to the Ultraviolence era yet though. Still, I can definitely see her packaging the album has a "Ultraviolence: the Honeymoon edition" type of deluxe box set with art prints and vinyls and whatnot, it would give her a way to finally release her original music video idea for West Coast, and the unreleased one for Pretty When You Cry too, as a disc exclusive with "The Videos" like what she did for Born To Die's Paradise edition box set. She seems completely done with promoting this era, this tour just kind of feels like it's that typical thing singers do every so often, it doesnt FEEL like she's continuing the Ultraviolence era? maybe thats just me. It's weird. On an unrelated note, do any of you think she'll release a music video for Big Eyes? I would have thought she had, and if not now, the window of opportunity is closing and i'd say the latest she would post one is in the next 2 weeks, honestly.

I think I agree to some extent, too. I don't want to say goodbye to the Ultraviolence era yet though. Still, I can definitely see her packaging the album has a "Ultraviolence: the Honeymoon edition" type of deluxe box set with art prints and vinyls and whatnot, it would give her a way to finally release her original music video idea for West Coast, and the unreleased one for Pretty When You Cry too, as a disc exclusive with "The Videos" like what she did for Born To Die's Paradise edition box set. She seems completely done with promoting this era, this tour just kind of feels like it's that typical thing singers do every so often, it doesnt FEEL like she's continuing the Ultraviolence era? maybe thats just me. It's weird. On an unrelated note, do any of you think she'll release a music video for Big Eyes? I would have thought she had, and if not now, the window of opportunity is closing and i'd say the latest she would post one is in the next 2 weeks, honestly.

She had an original music video idea for West Coast? X0rmEhP.gif

Bm2AvMo.gif

She had an original music video idea for West Coast? X0rmEhP.gif

She put a short trailer up for it onto youtube, in a similar style to her older music videos (video games, pre-born to die music videos, etc) but the video released was very different.

before y'all come at me, but I think that OTTR will be a one-time event in Lana discography. I will eat my words if she suprises me. I have never ever heard a song like that. Such a rollercoaster-ride, at least that's how I explain this song to others. But I rather think that by the way how she described the writing process for this record, it ain't gonna happen, lyrically. And the song had this great production on it, it was insane.

Yeah I can see what you mean about it being a one time event and that's fine because it makes it a special song, although it would be great if she started performing it. But if she could do an uptempo song with hip hop beats for the next album that would be great.

The production on OTTR is not the best imo. Her vocals are extremely overproduced.

That doesn't bother me tbh, but each to their own. I prefer the overproduction on some of the BTD songs, for me its properly produced rather than left similar to a demo, not to shade UV because I really like the album but I prefer BTD a lot more because of the production of her vocals.

I hope and I pray that Mark brings back the hip-hop/urban-ish vintage Lana sound with the Emile style beats. I would love a nostalgic feel :flutter:

Give me Off to the Races, Blue Jeans, Lolita, This Is What Makes Us Girl and Nation Anthem with a dash of Cruel World and a hint of Sirens.

THIS!!!!

I need another Video Games, I feel like Young & Beautiful and Old Money fit the same mood as Video Games so I'm hoping for another song like them. I could do without a Cruel World song though..

Give me more songs in the style of

Video Games

Blue Jeans

Off To The Races

Born To Die

National Anthem

American

Radio

Million Dollar Man

Old Money

And I'd love another one like Diet Mountain Dew.

qsVmBMd.png