ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

you sound like a demon

OK, I'm sorry but why the fuck is everyone being so rude to me???? What the fuck did I do to deserve this? 

This is honestly my singing & if you don't like it you don't have to tell me I'm a demon. FUCK OFF CUNT.

i cant breathe because its so true it sounds like she's possessed i cant breathe I'm listening to a hyena i cant breathe

EDIT: theres this bit where she coughs and keeps going hollllyyyyyy shitttttttt I'm tripping

You're rude as FUCK. And I never coughed, what the fuck??? You need to get your ears checked, what the fuck!!!!!!  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

OK, I'm sorry but why the fuck is everyone being so rude to me???? What the fuck did I do to deserve this? 

This is honestly my singing & if you don't like it you don't have to tell me I'm a demon. FUCK OFF CUNT.

You're rude as FUCK. And I never coughed, what the fuck??? You need to get your ears checked, what the fuck!!!!!!  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Youre a troll and a thot, Chaobao 

i already told you that if you came here you would die 

byeeee

I think I posted a few days ago that Imma need some information from Lana soon, but maybe it's for the better we don' t hear a single thing for some time now.

After this inspiring cover of Cola, which will hopefully launch a successful career in the entertainment industry and these things going on with these bitter old Kim and Katy women, Lana should maybe remain calm til her tour starts and not even post anything on Insta or anywhere else.

One thing about "Don't let me be misunderstood"- There were at least three major versions of the song over the years

Nina Simone had the original.

But there were two other major hits with it- The rock version by the Animals in the 1960s, and the dance version in the late 1970s by Santa Esmeralda.

So this is a song that could be made for many different formats.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Honestly, I think Lana should consider working with Emile again, but perhaps not as the only producer.

I loved Born to Die and I still thinks it's her best album yet (even though it comes really close to Ultraviolence & Paradise) and I've loved all her work with Emile Hayne, and yes, this includes Wait for Life. I like how he uses her clear vocals and doesn't alter her voice with unnecessary filters. While I can understand why people regard some of his works with Lana as overproduced, I think this style of production ultimately creates a brilliant soundscape that fits perfectly with the lyrics/vibe. I really wouldn't mind Lana working with him again for future works, although, I do agree that mixing up her producers is a good idea, as maybe working solely with Emile would just become Born to Die 2.0. I hope Honeymoon has a range of producers, like Paradise, which still worked really well and didn't affect the cohesiveness of the record, in my opinion.

Honeymoon theme possibilities? whatta y'all got?

I see this whole vintage filter kind of theme to it, kind of like a honey colour. I dunno how to explain that but I can see it in a warmish tone, possible '50s or '60s feels. just like Ultraviolence has a real greyish tone to it (I'm not just talking about the cover, you see? that's why the cover is genius), I see Honeymoon in a kind of golden feel. it's not because it has the word "honey" in it, I can just sense it. I know I probably sound insane atm, especially with all this colour talk, buuuut...weell, it doesn't have to do with colours.

...that got weird.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Honeymoon theme possibilities? whatta y'all got?

I see this whole vintage filter kind of theme to it, kind of like a honey colour. I dunno how to explain that but I can see it in a warmish tone, possible '50s or '60s feels. just like Ultraviolence has a real greyish tone to it (I'm not just talking about the cover, you see? that's why the cover is genius), I see Honeymoon in a kind of golden feel. it's not because it has the word "honey" in it, I can just sense it. I know I probably sound insane atm, especially with all this colour talk, buuuut...weell, it doesn't have to do with colours.

...that got weird.

I've always seen Born to Die as a golden colour, I think Honeymoon will be kind of like a yellowy vibe.

I've always seen Born to Die as a golden colour, I think Honeymoon will be kind of like a yellowy vibe.

what I meant was a yellowy-gold. not a dark, rich gold in which I, too, see Born To Die as, but a more, as you said, yellowy colour. a yellowy-gold. like honey.  

Honeymoon kind of gives me pastel orange & yellow, very beachy/summery, hibiscus flowery kinda feel

I was a little to scared to say that as fans might say it's to bright for Lana's style. But I agree. I'm hoping for more Florida Kilo-esque songs, though I'm not sure if it fits in with that theme.

I was a little to scared to say that as fans might say it's to bright for Lana's style. But I agree. I'm hoping for more Florida Kilo-esque songs, though I'm not sure if it fits in with that theme.

I agree, but I'm hoping that this new era is 'brighter'. She seems happier in her life, and 'Honeymoon' and 'Music To Watch Boys To' just sound very upbeat. I was actually hoping the album sounds like FK actually.

Tbh all I want is for her to release one bop.

idk when i hear honeymoon and think about the surrealist stuff shes been talking about, i think pastels, pinks and turquoise, and lots of summery flowers and beach vibes to the music, more surf rock / 'surf noir' songs a la west coast, happiness, and stuff
i feel like the whole idea of including 'dont let me be misunderstood' in there is genius btw, i feel like its something lana can relate to a lot. like she sings of these songs, and they're based off personal experiences, but they're turned into works of art, theyre not 110% true to life, she goes for cohesive albums and changes the sounds and the lyrics and the vibes to make things work together, sure, the albums she's released are self-described as being auto-biographical, but that doesnt mean they're all 100% accurate, you know what i mean? but the media paints these inaccurate pictures of her, and i feel like this song is just, a way of clearing things up, like "hey, you think all this about me, because of the way i look, what i sing about, my image, etc, but you dont know me like i know me" type of thing? idk i must sound crazy explaining this. I'm excited for honeymoon.