ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I don't think that is up for question.

Both BTD and UV had a title track, so I don't see why HM wouldn't have one.

Paradise was an extension ("afterthought") of BTD so that's why it didn't have a track named Paradise, those songs belonged there with BTD

To be fair Lana did treat Paradise as a separate work, and if we can assume (as there technically isn't another single) I would say Ride was the title track?

Lana usually name the album initially before working on it as well (UV + Honeymoon announcements), so perhaps the title tracks existing are just coincidental? 

I would have loved Cola to be the title track :troll:

I think, at one point though, Paradise was going to be a seperate LP entirely. I'm not sure if I'm making it up, but I swear I read it somewhere...

You're right though.

i think she named it Paradise because the album is filled with what she perceives Paradise to be (Ride - the open road; American - america; Cola - sex and drugs; Body Electric - American iconography; Blue Velvet - ??? idrk with this one; Gods & Monsters - sex and drugs again; Yayo - sex, drgus & America; Bel Air - being free). i do hope that Honeymoon has a title track on it, but I also want her to "fit" the album's tracks to the themes and ideas the word connotes

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i think she named it Paradise because the album is filled with what she perceives Paradise to be (Ride - the open road; American - america; Cola - sex and drugs; Body Electric - American iconography; Blue Velvet - ??? idrk with this one; Gods & Monsters - sex and drugs again; Yayo - sex, drgus & America; Bel Air - being free). i do hope that Honeymoon has a title track on it, but I also want her to "fit" the album's tracks to the themes and ideas the word connotes

Blue velvet - money from the H&M campaign

iboU3HL0PCzjWU.gif

That could definitely be it. I read it as a journey to Paradise. In the same vein as Tropico. Regardless, her ability to central an album around a common theme is impressive. I like listening to the album's straight through for this reason. Paradise is such a perfect example of this.

Ever since Ultraviolence came out I've been looking for someone who'll hit me and it'll feel like a kiss. I better be ready to find a sugar daddy so I can get married and have a Honeymoon with this album

iboU3HL0PCzjWU.gif

She said she loved the cover and then she wanted it on the album lol

To be fair Lana did treat Paradise as a separate work, and if we can assume (as there technically isn't another single) I would say Ride was the title track?

Lana usually name the album initially before working on it as well (UV + Honeymoon announcements), so perhaps the title tracks existing are just coincidental? 

I would have loved Cola to be the title track :troll:

The fact that Lana reworked "Melancholia" into UV just for the sake of having a title track makes me sure that there will be a song named "Honeymoon", and it will be on the level of the 2 amazing tracks BTD and UV :legend:

Us waiting for Honeymoon news like 

RmXpobSt5w4WQ.gif

Even though UV hasn't even been out for a year lmao

The fact that Lana reworked "Melancholia" into UV just for the sake of having a title track makes me sure that there will be a song named "Honeymoon", and it will be on the level of the 2 amazing tracks BTD and UV :legend:

I hope its just as moody and iconic as BTD and UV!

Well, Lana announced that she was working with Dan on Twitter last February, so hopefully we will get real producer news soon.

Yeah, right. :toofunny:

ETA: I also wonder if Lana will be producing more tracks herself for this album. She seems to have a lot of artistic control anyway and produced a handful of UV tracks.

I think that was because of articles that already popped up earlier that they have been in the studio and the anticipation for the follow-up of BTD. Right now, there is hardly any buzz, so there is hardly any reason for her to say anything at all.

Look, UV is close to getting a gold certification in the States, it is currently at around 470k and Interscope discounts BTD which has sold over 1.2 million copies. I mean, this logic..........