ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I'm more certain about what I don't want from HM. Lana is capable of writing great lyrics. So I don't want any abuse of Americana on this, icon name-dropping (Elvis, Marilyn etc.), red dresses, daddies, pale moon lights, bodies downtown (I really hate this), heavens. Sound-wise I don't want a slow and languid record without any edge to it (UV was slow but cool). I hope on HM I will not listen to bridgeless songs and weak (1 word) choruses.

I think people have said this before but remember she said the album is going to sound more like the last TWO albums. Which includes Paradise, so i don't know why everyone automatically thinks btd 2.0. I think it will have songs with a beautiful and amazing orchestral instrumental, probably prod. by Dan Heath or Rick Nowels. But will also have jazz undertones. Although I also think we'll get some more hip hop beats like BTD from Ronson and Haynie, but more in lana's intended sound (since she expressed how she wasn't quite fond of BTD's production.)

Because she said:

"It's very different from the last one and similar to the first two, Born to Die andParadise."

Source

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

I'm more certain about what I don't want from HM. Lana is capable of writing great lyrics. So I don't want any abuse of Americana on this, icon name-dropping (Elvis, Marilyn etc.), red dresses, daddies, pale moon lights, bodies downtown (I really hate this), heavens. Sound-wise I don't want a slow and languid record without any edge to it (UV was slow but cool). I hope on HM I will not listen to bridgeless songs and weak (1 word) choruses.

Honestly I get where you're coming from but I love those phrases I feel like they're kinda like her signature, idk, i hope she at least says daddy once tbh

Can someone explain this to me? http://www.last.fm/music/Lana+Del+Rey/_/Honeymoon   :eek:

no scrobbles + no listens, probably very very fake. even with scrobbles, you can't rely on last.fm unless the person who scrobbled it is a reliable source. it's so easy to just change a song name and scrobble it to make it seem legit.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I'm more certain about what I don't want from HM. Lana is capable of writing great lyrics. So I don't want any abuse of Americana on this, icon name-dropping (Elvis, Marilyn etc.), red dresses, daddies, pale moon lights, bodies downtown (I really hate this), heavens.

So you don't like BTD then.. hahaha

qsVmBMd.png

So you don't like BTD then.. hahaha

I like BTD, especially OTTR and Video Games which both have interesting lyrics btw. But reusing BTD and Paradise lyrical tropes on HM would be a mistake in my view because she was already critically panned for her overused tropes. I don't see any artistic reason for her to do that, she'll just give her detractors some easy shots. She always walked on a narrow path between critics and mainstream success and I don't see it differently with the HM era

I'm lowkey really scared of this era happening since its happening so soon after UV, we havent gotten any hints about the songs besides Music to Watch Boys To and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, and 'Honeymoon' is a really weird album title :icant:

I'm not here for her debuting a single during her forthcoming concerts. Low quality footage will be on all of the music blogs and the proper video will come out one month later. Better for her (not for us) to start the new era after the tour or even in autumn and handle it properly. She had recently many medium to low profile releases BE, ICF, WFL and LiB and they just pile up and not in a good way.   

Inb4 nothing comes of it after weeks of fan bickering about what's it's meant for. And when it finally sees the light of day, no one cares anymore.

What do you mean? This is clearly a new music video for HM :uh: I mean what else could it be?

I remember when we got the first WC bts pics and it was so exciting!

She announced it a week or so later so she's most likely to announce the HM first single in a couple of weeks :omg:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

What do you mean? This is clearly a new music video for HM :uh: I mean what else could it be?

I remember when we got the first WC bts pics and it was so exciting!

She announced it a week or so later so she's most likely to announce the HM first single in a couple of weeks :omg:

This is Lana and dates we're talking about. I'm afraid to get excited. :toofunny: