ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I hope for an Ultraviolence 2.0 :)

I hope for a new album that does not simply recycle old material. Lana is very creative and has shown she can cover many different genres well, so I'm hoping Honeymoon is something completely different to anything she's made before tbh.

I feel the same way with many people here about UV/Paradise but instead of Paradise it's BTD for me

To me Paradise is still brilliant in every way - perhaps it's a better version of BTD?

Either way Honeymoon will be divine, if it's more like BTD/P it will be as good as Paradise,

if she goes into different types of music it will create a similar experience that we had with UV in the first place :)

Honeymoon (song) should be in the meaning like Ultraviolence (song)

A sad song about a Honeymoon or the Boy is her Honeymoon :)

Mfhp.gif

I don't mind Paradise all that much, I do quite enjoy it. However I do prefer UV! It's just something I connect with more on every level. Sound wise, lyrically, and just overall emotionally. It get's me! :cumming2:

That being said I am excited for new music and I'm going to try and keep an open mind about it. I am a little apprehensive because I like(d) UV so much. I mean it was an amazing evolution. I just felt like it was a niche maybe she could have played with a little more, at least for me and my ears pleasure! I was really looking forward to it being expanded on.

Bottom line new is new lol and I'm sure I'll love it either way. Change is good! I just hope that it is a continued progression forward and not necessarily backward! It needs to start dropping like Y E S T E R D A Y though! :dance:

@@Titan

She did say that this album will be very different from UV and more similar to Born To Die and Paradise. It's supposed to be more "noirish," according to her!

Time will tell lol, I guess we will have to try and be patient and see! :excited:

@@Titan

She did say that this album will be very different from UV and more similar to Born To Die and Paradise. It's supposed to be more "noirish," according to her!

Time will tell lol, I guess we will have to try and be patient and see! :excited:

I love that concept

I enjoy listening to UV still, but I feel like I'm one of the only users who love Paradise, I think its a great piece of work. I'm not saying I want her to revert completely back to that sound or BTD, but I definatley don't want her to do another similar album to UV. Obviously I want her to progress with her work but I'm hoping its a progression based on BTD and P rather than UV if that makes sense.

qsVmBMd.png

I enjoy listening to UV still, but I feel like I'm one of the only users who love Paradise, I think its a great piece of work. I'm not saying I want her to revert completely back to that sound or BTD, but I definatley don't want her to do another similar album to UV. Obviously I want her to progress with her work but I'm hoping its a progression based on BTD and P rather than UV if that makes sense.

Paradise is my favorite -- Tropico is my favorite thing of all time... it's actually what got me to listen to Lana

LDR_tropico_gif.gif

I never found any deep coherence in BTD or Paradise tbh.

BTD is a collection of songs about love, relationships. There are some potentially autobiographical songs (Video Games, Carmen, TIWMUG, Radio?), the rest are conceptual songs but they do not have great coherence (as a result I like most of the songs individually but not as much as an album)

Paradise is an Americana homage, a mixture of imagery and is very hard to name very personal songs to her (autobiographical). As in BTD,  it seems that she develops ideas rather than actual experiences or the experiences are deeply entrenched under the tropes she uses (in my view there is nothing wrong with that until the music is good and the lyrics aren't to cliched)

UV seems to me much more personal than the previous releases. I think that CW, SoC, WC are about her complicated relationship with Barrie, BB, MPG, FMWUTT are about her reception and her critics, OM and TOW are evoking situations when she imagines herself looking back on her life and career. UV is a conceptual song in my view (Who the fuck is Jim?) as is SG but regarding the latter I feel that she's evoking something more personal (her sexual insecurities, that she's only good as a mistress). Maybe is just my interpretation but in UV case I could do these interpretations, so I can listen to the album with the feeling that she's deeply involved with the songs. This is the reason why I like UV more than the first two releases 

I'm begging that there are no Paradise teas, just no :horror:

Please don't stone me for saying I actually like LiB quite a lot and want a sound for the album like that

Whenever I read  Honeymoon lyrics I think it's a direct continuation of Ultraviolence ( or at least thematically)

"We both know the history of violence that surrounds you
There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs and fire that surrounds you"

Hopefully this is the "end" of her sadomasochist story with "Jim"

Whenever I read  Honeymoon lyrics I think it's a direct continuation of Ultraviolence ( or at least thematically)

"We both know the history of violence that surrounds you
There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs and fire that surrounds you"

Hopefully this is the "end" of her sadomasochist story with "Jim"