ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Chuck tweeted this photo and spiders have 8 legs. so it means we can listen to honeymoon on 8th july :) gocnV2K.jpg

bye :rip:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Chuck should stop making photos of Lady Gaga

:rip: v. 2

Suprise curveball we don't get huntymoon, MTWBT or LIB on 7/2 but instead she releases You Can Be The Boss v.2 two days later cus Francesco tastes like the 4th of july

:dmd: 

no, no, no, he tastes like honey 

That video where Lana mentions "Swan" is actually her admitting to a fan that she will be featuring in a hit remix of Grimes's iconic "Swan Song" and that it will be included on honeymoon. They recorded it while on tour, backstage at one of their shows!!!!

http://imgur.com/4kRyujK :) :)

more realistic than the moon theories tbh

inb4 the moon theories are real

I don't know if i'm alone in this but i want a song like Get Drunk on hennymün

as in lyrically or sonically?

and your signature used to be my Marina Boards signature

as in lyrically or sonically?

and your signature used to be my Marina Boards signature

sonically, i just like the simple guitar and her voice is on point in it. i know it doesn't fit the description of HM at all but still

CJjib6A.jpg

Yes, this. I don't think Ultraviolence as we know it would have existed if those tracks hadn't leaked. We'd have gotten a more Paradise-ish second album instead that would have had those songs and maybe more that we don't know of. I don't even think the album that she had planned with those songs would have even been called "Ultraviolence". I have nothing to back this up, obviously, but we do know those songs were intended for an album and we do know that they have a cohesiveness among them that doesn't match up with any songs that ended up on Ultraviolence which makes me think her initial direction for her second album was much different before the leak. She even described the second album as more spiritual lyrically, which matches the lyrics of those songs but obviously doesn't for the ones that ended up on Ultraviolence.

On the topic of the post-BTD album that could have been, I found these two interviews from before the 5 tracks leaked:

(Feb 28, 2013: )

From this interview"moved on to a more spiritual place lyrically,”

The bombshell said she is already gunning to make a music video for her new track titled, ‘Black Beauty.’ “For some reason the videos are still the easiest things that come,” Lizzie Grant explained, “As soon as I write the words to a song, I can paint exactly what I want the picture to look like.”

“It’s a little more stripped down but still cinematic and dark.” She said she’s been slaving away at her new tunes in Santa Monica, Calif. with the same group of guys who produced her previous work.

From this interview:

"Stripped back"

"opening and closing with stacked acappella tracks"

"West Coast influence"

"still the cinematic, the orchestra is always important."

She's already mentioning a "west coast" influence in that second one, but nothing else really makes me think of Ultraviolence as we got. Also, BB music video was planned.

I swear this fanbase is full of the most pretentious stans, I hope Honeymoon is actually full of songs about letting rich daddies snort coke off of her ass while she drinks whiskey after he hires her as his private go go dancer

Yes, people need a reminder that Lana loves her trash (magic  :w8ing: )

Do we think Honeymoon will use a different font for the album cover? I know the one she's used is now iconic, but I think it's time for something new.

Do we think Honeymoon will use a different font for the album cover? I know the one she's used is now iconic, but I think it's time for something new.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if the cover didn't look like all of the past ones. She's said in several interviews that she likes the continuity from album to album. I'd be up for something new, though