ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

May I ask what Fine China and Yes To Heaven are? I keep seeing them crop up but I don't know why?

I don't mean to try and discredit or argue with you by the way, I'm just curious about where these song titles have come from because I keep seeing them but can't remember where they came from! No disrespect, just curiosity :)

No problem! :) they are titles that were registered after Ultraviolence was released (and Lana had started recording HM) and are both co-written by Rick. He more than likely produced the demos as well.

There's a difference between a song that mentions drugs once or twice and a song that's entirely about it, especially with the word high already in the title.

Habits (Stay High) says hi

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

No problem! :) they are titles that were registered after Ultraviolence was released (and Lana had started recording HM) and are both co-written by Rick. He more than likely produced the demos as well.

Oh okay, thanks for answering :)

The titles sound very lovely, they sound like they'd be at home in an album names Honeymoon!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Hm .. so this could either be a "bop", like Florida Kilos or a song which takes the direction of Kill Kill or maybe West Coast ... something relaxing with beach vibes and stuff. Judging by her description of MTWBT, I could imagine HBTB also taking this slower-route ... but we'll see.

So, updated list of titles we know thus far:

Honeymoon
High by the Beach
Music to Watch Boys To
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
Life is Beautiful (?)
Burnt Norton (?)
Swan-something (?)
Fine China (?)
Yes to Heaven (?)

Life Is Beautiful seems to be more likely than MTWBT, even though I also really want a song with this name ..

And Yes To Heaven and Fine China are pure reaching, no evidence or reason why it should be on HM, or did I miss something?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Am I the only one who wouldn't be upset of LIB mysteriously didn't make it into the album? I know we only have a snippet, but it's simply not that good. It's boring and stereotypical Lana. Very bland, and not what I personally want from HM

True, but that song kept it cute by not mentioning drugs by names at least. Lana needs to hold back on the cocaine heart-type lines if she wants her drug anthem on the radio in the US. 

We haven't heard the song yet and I don't know why you think it will be mainly about drugs .. just like Tove, she could "just" sing about being high or something that makes her feel like she's high.

And apart from this, a lot of songs on the radio mention drugs.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

There's a difference between a song that mentions drugs once or twice and a song that's entirely about it, especially with the word high already in the title.

Have you ever heard any of the rap on top 40 radio?

My question still stands.

tZ7WN4B.gif

Life Is Beautiful seems to be more likely than MTWBT, even though I also really want a song with this name ..

And Yes To Heaven and Fine China are pure reaching, no evidence or reason why it should be on HM, or did I miss something?

She specifically mentioned MTWBT being for HM here: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-lana-del-rey-big-eyes-20150104-story.html

Life is Beautiful's purpose is still up in the air.

Those two songs were both written and produced by Rick and registered after UV. So, it's speculation but with weight.

True, but that song kept it cute by not mentioning drugs by names at least. Lana needs to hold back on the cocaine heart-type lines if she wants her drug anthem on the radio in the US. 

Honestly, would radio play her even if she served completely radio-friendly music? Like, would she have a radio deal to give starting momentum to her single and would the song be sent to all major stations? I don't recall her management doing something like that before so IDK...I'd love it if she was overplayed on radio all the time of course

We haven't heard the song yet and I don't know why you think it will be mainly about drugs .. just like Tove, she could "just" sing about being high or something that makes her feel like she's high.

I wouldn't have a problem with it being about drugs, I'm just saying it would be less likely to be played on radio if she goes with a straight up druggie anthem. I could see her doing a song like Habits, but happier for this.

I wouldn't have a problem with it being about drugs, I'm just saying it would be less likely to be played on radio if she goes with a straight up druggie anthem. I could see her doing a song like Habits, but happier for this.

149o3h3.jpg

No it doesn't.

It does because you seem to be confused about what is and isn't regularly played on the radio. So I'll assume you haven't heard any top 40 rap (or pop, or rock, or...) 

And if you want to stay within the pop genre

Examples include:

Lady Gaga's "Dope"

Miley and those 4 dudes in "23"

Miley again "We can't stop"

40% of Rihanna's career

Ed Sheeran "A Team"

tZ7WN4B.gif

It does because you seem to be confused about what is and isn't regularly played on the radio. So I'll assume you haven't heard any top 40 rap (or pop, or rock, or...) 

And if you want to stay within the pop genre

Examples include:

Lady Gaga's "Dope"

Miley and those 4 dudes in "23"

Miley again "We can't stop"

40% of Rihanna's career

Ed Sheeran "A Team"

Other than We Can't Stop, none of those songs did well on radio.  :w8ing:

I listen to top 40 every day. Most songs aren't about drugs, and the ones that are are usually not super direct about it or have double meaning. Top 40 is conservative especially with women's music.

149o3h3.jpg

Is this actually Lana or a scam???

Verse 1:

I can hear the sirens singing

They’re telling me you’re no good

Spend the whole night drinking

Listening to Norwegian Wood

But baby you want my love

But you know you’ll never have it.

And compared to all you’re none  

Oh I fail to commit

And I’m no good, no good