ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I'm excited for DLMBM. Personally, I really liked Lana's cover of TOW so when she announced that she'd be doing a cover of another Nina Simone song on HM I was pretty pleased. Listening to the Nina Simone versions of both songs, I like DLMBM more so I hope Lana's version even better than her TOW cover.

Hi! I'm new here so I don't know if this has been asked before but which song are you most excited for on HM? Personally, I'm really interested by unique or unusual song titles (think Marina's unreleased "I'm Not Hungry Anymore") so "Music to Watch Boys To" gets me pretty excited but "Swan Song" also interests me

1: Music to Watch Boys to - Very intriguing title and it'll be interesting to see whether it's indicative of the general theme/atmosphere of the song or if it's just another phrase that she likes, or a combination of both. MTWBT is also, if I'm not mistaken, the concept that this album was originally created around, which makes it even more interesting.

2: The Blackest Day, for these reasons:

I'm only just getting around to processing the actual titles we got on the tracklist...Title and length of The Blackest Day sound like magnum opus material and the throwback to Backfire in Salvatore ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3: God Knows I Tried - Simply because Lana said that this song and TLY are extremely close to her heart and since TLY is magnificent I'm going to assume that GKIT is too.

All 3 songs released so far have received acclaim from critics so I think HM might be the Lana album that gets close to an 81 on Metacritic. Then again, the songs released from BtD, Paradise and UV were all acclaimed as well and their Meta scores aren't anywhere near 81. You never know, Pitchfork might even like it. I think Billboard will give it a pretty high score as well - the article titles to do with Lana that they've released have all made them seem like massive fangirls. I hope they do review it; Billboard have been raving about Carly Rae Jepsen's E•MO•TION and they haven't released a review for it.

I'm excited for all of them because none of the titles sound like anything I'd expect from Lana except Honeymoon and Religion. I'm most excited for Misic to Watxh Boys To, followed by Freak.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

i'm not trying to be rude or anything but do you have some kind of debilitating mental condition??? because the first time everyone got the album was when it came out in NZ/Australia on itunes, a week or so before the rest of the world.........

giphy.gif

Alright back on topic, I can't believe the album comes out in less than a month. I'm still loving Honeymoon so much, it's so dreamy and ethereal, such a beautiful song. Terrence is also wonderful, the instrumental is so good, the intro alone is goosebump-inducing.

I'm fairly certain Freak will be a reworked version of this song. It has Lana written all over it! :flop:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I've seen a lot of people guessing what songs will sound like but I haven't seen anyone try and guess the tempos of all the songs so I'm going to

• Music to Watch Boys to- Midtempo (I think of Kill Kill and West Coast)

• GKIT- Slow at the beginning but slowly picks up speed throughout the song

• Freak- Fast trip hop song

• Art Deco- Midtempo

• Burnt Norton- Slow

• Religion- Slow

• Salvatore- Midtempo, leaning more towards slow

• The Blackest Day- Slow, orchestral ballad along the lines of Honeymoon and Video Games

• 24- I imagine this one being like Cruel World, with more rock influence and guitars

• Swan Song- Slow