ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Nah I don't think it will be. In Honeymoon, Lana's speaking about how she knows the relationship isn't right but they stay together. TLY is about Lana feeling really upset about a relationship ending. HbtB is about Lana wanting to get high (by the beach) because she's independent. Unless she breaks up with said person in MtWBT and has a revelation about not being sad in relationships in GKIT, I don't think a concept album would be possible in the case of HM

If it is a concept album, I hope it doesn't take it to the extremes that Cry Baby takes its theme(s) to. It runs with the concept like a religion and sometimes it feels a bit contorted just so that it can fit with the themes. I mean, kidnapping and killing your captor is taking a concept album slightly too far imo. I take UV as a concept album, though, as I think it makes more sense that way

I don't think it will be a concept album either.  Interludes don't mean anything in that regard. 

I also hate how there's also this loose labeling of Lana's albums as concept albums already.  There's some loose continuity and themes with the tracking, as most album do, but it's not a concept album at all.

u6pq4c9.gif

I don't think it will be a concept album either.  Interludes don't mean anything in that regard. 

I also hate how there's also this loose labeling of Lana's albums as concept albums already.  There's some loose continuity and themes with the tracking, as most album do, but it's not a concept album at all.

Disagree. All of her LPs thus far were very driven by particular concepts. I think Pitchfork even described them as concept albums. Lolita for LDR, Hollywood faded glamour for BTD, dark side of fame and female oppression for UV.

Disagree. All of her LPs thus far were very driven by particular concepts. I think Pitchfork even described them as concept albums. Lolita for LDR, Hollywood faded glamour for BTD, dark side of fame and female oppression for UV.

Yeah, those are lyrical themes not concepts. :)

These are more overal topics and lyrical themes, I think actually talking about concept albums would go too far. Especially BtD ... "Lolita" is a very vague concept, it's mostly a collection of songs about love, bad boys and sadness. I can somehow see Paradise being a collection of things that she likes, compared with a feeling of loneliness but i also think "concept" is unrealistic.

The only album where i could see  having a concept and somehow also having a "story" is UV

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

"Concept album" is the new flavour of the month. Give me a fucking break. all albums have a theme.

I mean, it's not a new thing. Lou Reed's Berlin (1973) has been one of my favorite concept albums for a while.