ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Me. I Am Mariah would have been proud...

Re-listened to Honeymoon and the strings are gorgeous, too bad the track has no forward movement except in the bridge. Also the chorus... That's one UV artifact I wish she wouldn't have brought back.

Terrence Loves You is the most hilarious track name ever.

I am so excited for Salvatore, mostly for potential Lanalysis.  :brows:  I always thought it was because she needed a name in Backfire and it had no significance other than ~mafia boo~, but here it is again.

I get this feeling that HM won't be a good Lanalysis album. Well, she does deserve her privacy.

Does anyone at all feel that TLY is Lana talking to her fans? Kind of like a "farewell for now"?

I have a feeling a looooong hiatus is coming, and we will "lose" Lana for a while, and we will remember her when listening to her tunes. Legends never get old. Almost like she's telling us that, We're going to feel lost for a while, but it'll be ok.

We still go that jazz, while also having the blues.

She's telling us that just needs to get away for a while. It's nobody's fault. She loves us, no matter how crazy we get *(fans tresspasing)

The reference to David Bowie's Space Oddity about the astronaut disconnecting.. "GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM"

in that song Major Tom just needs to go away in euphoria for a while. Recharge with space.

We all now Lana loves space and cosmology. Maybe this is her way of telling us she needs to recharge, and float into "space" disconnecting from everything (all media)

Pretty far fetched, I know. But just some personal thoughts I thought I should share.

"Concept album" is a nebulous, ill-defined term. Even then, I don't think Lana's albums are really concept albums. What concept links together all the songs on Ultraviolence? Born To Die is a collection of love songs. Lana Del Ray is all over the place. Unless an artist says that an album is about a concept or there's strong textual evidence, I usually don't call albums concept albums. But not being a concept album isn't a weakness. An album can be cohesive and compelling without having to refer to a central theme, and a poorly executed concept album can come across as repetitive and limiting. A concept album is simply a different flavor of album, not a compliment.

I completely agree. I feel like there are very few true "concept albums" as it is generally defined and I don't think it necessarily makes them any better, it just can add to the experience I guess. 

Does anyone at all feel that TLY is Lana talking to her fans? Kind of like a "farewell for now"?

I have a feeling a looooong hiatus is coming, and we will "lose" Lana for a while, and we will remember her when listening to her tunes. Legends never get old. Almost like she's telling us that, We're going to feel lost for a while, but it'll be ok.

She's telling us that just needs to get away for a while. It's nobody's fault. She loves us, no matter how crazy we get *(fans tresspasing)

The reference to David Bowie's Space Oddity about the astronaut disconnecting.. "GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM"

in that song Major Tom just needs to go away in euphoria for a while. Recharge with space.

We all now Lana loves space and cosmology. Maybe this is her way of telling us she needs to recharge, and float into "space" disconnecting from everything (all media)

Pretty far fetched, I know. But just some personal thoughts I thought I should share.

lana del rey is gonna team up with elon musk and he's going to build her a replica of chateau marmot on the moon

i don think lanas albums are concepts in regards to their lyrical content having a flow from song to song, but the production and general tone of an album like born to die certainly has a running theme through it, just in regards to atmosphere and music that it does feel like a concept album in its delivery. there's definitly a flow............."sonically" :derpna:

same goes for ultraviolence. it feels like a complete package because all of the songs hold a similar vibe.

id say paradise doesnt feel conceptual, more of a collection of random songs, but theyre situated on the tracklisting in a way that compliments the flow of the album. paradise for me always felt like 3 distinct parts that evoke 3 different types of moods [1/ ride, american/cola....2/body electric/blue velvet/gods and monsters.......3/bel air/yayo...............burning desire would have fit well after gods and monsters imo]. whereas btd and ultraviolence felt very complete from start to finish production wise.

i generally prefer concept albums because i like albums that feel like a story, whether its lyrically or just musically. madonnas ray of light is a good exmaple of that.or bjorks vespertine. but im happy with non-conceptual too.

I love hearing peoples thoughts and ideas. Far fetched or not, keep them coming lol. However, I disagree. Or maybe I'm H O P I N G this isn't the case lol. I don't know I just keep playing that radio interview with Zane Lowe in my head where she said she will probably always be putting out music. She sd she went through a period where she questioned it and she still did it and that made her realize she will probably always be one of those people putting out albums every fifteen months or so lol. Maybe that's  wishful thinking. Who knows lol, Lana can be unpredictable when she wants to be!  Interesting theory though.

but thanks to the elvis presley and michael jackson of our generation (melanie martinez and Ashley, respectively) the phrase has come up so much it's become meaningless

bitch i love u lmaooo

It's too bad the year is wrong because this would be the perfect dress for Lana :creep:

macy-gray.jpg

Omgggg lmao! :toofunny:

Yeah those are from a screenshot of the booklet from one of the preorder sites I think. We don't know for sure what song it's for but it does seem to fit "Freak."

I would love it if Freak was a bop about accepting yourself, flaws and all (like Melanie Martinez's Mad Hatter without the Alice in Wonderland cliche) but Lana said its a sexy song so who knows

"How you brought me to the fight. Oh how you converted me to make things right.

"Silk handcuffs rip blindfolds hit the ground ecstasy grows."

"I flew down from a cloud, and set my feet on the ground. I had a job to do, to rock everyone of you"