ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I think that her cover's (DLMBM) gonna be the weak link on the album. The Other Woman had no soul/expression to it and I bet this one's gonna be similar. Lana may love her 50s jazz crooners, but her voice isn't at all like Nina Simone's.

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

I think that her cover's (DLMBM) gonna be the weak link on the album. The Other Woman had no soul/expression to it and I bet this one's gonna be similar. Lana may love her 50s jazz crooners, but her voice isn't at all like Nina Simone's.

yeah, but nina simone's dlmbm is better than nina's tow, so maybe lana's cover will be better too

Wy8jf2U.jpg

I love DLMBM but yeah Lana's voice isn't fit for jazz like Nina Simone's. I wish Why Don't You Do Right was her cover song for the album :creep: she can really pull off those Jessica Rabbit vibes

Watch on Lana's next album she gon cover Nina's I Put A Spell On You

"With Honeymoon i got to feel a little more playful. I didnt feel the need to delve into personal issues as much, but to indulge in a more jazzy feel for the opening an closing of the record and then get a little bit grimier in the middle with some mid- to up-tempo songs" 

"The middle section of the record is pretty beachy and a bit more sexy and mid-tempo"

wtf TOW is so great, it was the biggest surprise on the whole record for me​, such beautiful guitars and her voice was very heartfelt while playful with these crooner-like falsetos. She really did make something of the song.

We know that MTWBT is probably gonna be like Honeymoon and TLY, right? :crai:

:crai:

If album is gapless then yes 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

"With Honeymoon i got to feel a little more playful. I didnt feel the need to delve into personal issues as much, but to indulge in a more jazzy feel for the opening an closing of the record and then get a little bit grimier in the middle with some mid- to up-tempo songs" 

"The middle section of the record is pretty beachy and a bit more sexy and mid-tempo"

yesyesyesyes im totally here for freak and art deco as bops 

M7U6Ouv.gif

:crai:

If album is gapless then yes 

not really, Lana Del Ray is also gapless and we have fucking pawn shop blues and then righ after it we have brite lites

Wy8jf2U.jpg

i'm ready for:

"im a freak, bitch 

i'm a freak, bitch"

Is there something you're not telling us?

Ok1mEA1.gif

it's because lana said the album is jazzy on the opening and on the closing and the mid part is beachy and more uptempo

The Other Woman is fantastic!! I can't wait for her next cover. Who ever said she lacks emotion in the song needs to relisten to it because she delivers in the song

qsVmBMd.png