ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I had a bizarre theory about Honeymoon that I don't think anyone has brought up yet. Well, I feel as if Honeymoon has something to do with time. Honeymoon (the song) and Terrence Loves You use a lot of archaic vocabulary and phrases. For example, not many people use the phrase "neither fought nor found" but Lana does in the bridge of Honeymoon. Plus, she sings "never dare change thee" (which is simply an old word that was used to mean "you". Also note that my dictionary states that it should be "restricted to archaic or religious contexts", and obviously the song doesn't have a religious theme, so I feel like it's definitely supposed to be set in the past.) Lana's language in both Honeymoon and Terrence Loves You evoke a sense of formality that you don't usually hear in modern music. Also, from what has been described about Music To Watch Boys To (retro film noir) and God Knows I Tried (gospel song), it's quite possible to conclude the first portion of the album is set in the past, most likely in the Jazz Age in the 20's - seeing as both the songs at the start of the album have clear jazz influences. Gospel music also started to become quite popular just after the 20's, so it would make sense that it comes after the jazz-influenced songs.

As the album progresses, Lana has stated that it builds up to a lot of more mid-tempo and uptempo songs, which could symbolise the songs working towards a more present-day setting. High By The Beach sounds like it could be from the 60's. We then have Burnt Norton as an interlude, which, by the way, is a poem about time - how the past, present and future are all connected. This would make a lot of sense in relation to my theory of the album working with time. Lana also said in her interview with James Franco that the album then returns to its initial jazzy sound at the end, which probably means the songs slow down towards the end again (which could make sense considering there's a jazz cover to conclude). Also, 24 sounds like it could relate to this theme of time on the record.

Maybe the story is Lana looking into the future, "dreaming away" her life, and then around the interlude, she starts to return to reality. 

Idk, I know y'all love to reach, so I thought I'd join in lmao.

Also, I'm preparing for a bunch of "gurl byeee" comments 

This is literally a recording not a rip. A vinyl is able to be ripped using a usb record player and software, ive never done it but ive read up on how to.

But honestly I don't expect for a Lana fan to do it correctly, it's been years and we still don't have an actual rip of the final Bad Kidz by Marina.

dragged trayertrash 22/8/15

little kid, youve never dragged anyone in your life

This is literally a recording not a rip. A vinyl is able to be ripped using a usb record player and software, ive never done it but ive read up on how to.

But honestly I don't expect for a Lana fan to do it correctly, it's been years and we still don't have an actual rip of the final Bad Kidz by Marina.

I'm pretty sure that's a vinyl rip put over a video recording of the vinyl playing.

lABVyGE.png

As the album progresses, Lana has stated that it builds up to a lot of more mid-tempo and uptempo songs, which could symbolise the songs working towards a more present-day setting. High By The Beach sounds like it could be from the 60's.

:whoopi: Sorry but you were either high while listening or high while writing this, you completely lost me there

ZmJh1LG.jpg