ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Yassss. My urban O is doing it too. I called and they said it's gonna automatically play through their sound system. So I'm gonna go and try to get as many snippets with as little interference as possible.

I'm most likely going alone too. Lmao I give no fucks tho.

FYI the Urban Outfitter of Montreal (on St-Denis) will play the album at 3pm on Saturday September 12th. I just went there and asked. The guy was not sure what I was talking about and went to see the manager. He said it won't be a party like some UO in the US (no drink or merch). They will simply play the record. Who cares, I'll bring my own booze and folding chair :rock:

we finally get included in something! :toofunny: I'mma get blazed for this and go :party:

So do you think every UO is going to have it automatically playing thru there sound system? And it's set for 2 pm?

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

I'm wondering, do we know what the "theme" is for this album? Ultraviolence was along the lines of corruption/power/the "dark side of the American Dream," but what is it for Honeymoon?

Male gaze, female objectification, concept of celebrity, escapism, self-realization. 

I'm wondering, do we know what the "theme" is for this album? Ultraviolence was along the lines of corruption/power/the "dark side of the American Dream," but what is it for Honeymoon?

I don't think Lana herself has said anything but from what we've heard so far I'm assuming it's gonna be something along the lines of an embrace of independence (bad boys to bad bitch kinda thing).

qpgosw.jpg

This is gonna sound stupid but what do y'all mean by the "male gaze"  :toofunny:

lana said it in an interview i don't remember which... but by "male gaze" i'm pretty sure [she] means her being looked upon by men, probably daddies and bad boys.

This is gonna sound stupid but what do y'all mean by the "male gaze"  :toofunny:

I took a lot of film classes in college (include a Women and Film course) and I remember writing extensively about the way in which women were objectified in cinema. The female character serves as a manifestation of the male desire rather than a fully-formed character. The gaze refers to the director objectifying his actresses, the characters from the film, or the audience's gaze. Sometimes, it can be utilized by directors to make a statement or it can be an exploitive sort of gaze. I think Lana has been attempting to reverse this gaze in the HM era so far (the helicopter in HBTB, Music to Watch Boys To, the "tour" imagery). 

I called my UO up again and asked about the listening party and without checking the lady told me "no, that's not happening" in a really angry voice? So I asked if I could talk to the manager and she hung up on me  :toofunny: No wonder people don't support UO.

I called my UO up again and asked about the listening party and without checking the lady told me "no, that's not happening" in a really angry voice? So I asked if I could talk to the manager and she hung up on me :toofunny: No wonder people don't support UO.

Hm that's weird, when I called, the guy was really nice and answered all of my questions kindly, maybe she'd been receiving those calls all day? Still no reason to be rude..

I called my UO up again and asked about the listening party and without checking the lady told me "no, that's not happening" in a really angry voice? So I asked if I could talk to the manager and she hung up on me  :toofunny: No wonder people don't support UO.

she was a bitch, call again tomorrow.