ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

The more I think about the "I live to love you, I love to love you" part of MTWBT and the way it sounds like a repetitive chant the more I think it may tie in with this cult theme that's been discussed previously on lana boards? You know, like a chant cult members repeat to the leader or something similar?

I'm not saying that's what the songs about, just that particular part makes me think back to the cult imagery of the album sampler

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

The more I think about the "I live to love you, I love to love you" part of MTWBT and the way it sounds like a repetitive chant the more I think it may tie in with this cult theme that's been discussed previously on lana boards? You know, like a chant cult members repeat to the leader or something similar?

I'm not saying that's what the songs about, just that particular part makes me think back to the cult imagery of the album sampler

Wow, you are right! It does sound more like a chant.

Lol I was raised Catholic that's why I associate the two together I guess. You are what you experience I suppose. Either way I'm excited to see what they were referencing exactly with the "gospel" description!

I'm black so I went to "black church". Lmao. But I went to catholic school all my life so I know the music.......It's honeymoon slow and boring. lmao we mixed it up sometimes at my school tho.

oh wow it does... 

How can people think they know how a song is going to sound before actually hearing it and can decide their favorite tracks already?? Like I was expecting some fucking conga flute whatever beach party with Music To Watch Boys To (like Whenever Wherever By Shakira :toofunny: ) and obviously that didn't happen. At this point I don't know what to expect and I like it like that.

Nothing scares me anymore.

Man I really hope the iTunes preorder being available at midnight on the 18th (like Lana said in her post) is actually true...when I preordered UV they didn't have it available until 2pm the day of release and I was raging.

Man I really hope the iTunes preorder being available at midnight on the 18th (like Lana said in her post) is actually true...when I preordered UV they didn't have it available until 2pm the day of release and I was raging.

Its for MTWBT (her post) but also don't pre-order tbh they are a mess. They usually get released 8pm the night before the release day.

Demos_copy.png

I like it but the flute(?) bits seem like they don't go with the rest of the song, the chorus seems like, hmm, I'm not sure how to say it, like it's been copy and pasted in some parts? Like it doesn't blend into the instrumentation/vocals of some parts of the songs properly which throws me off, and the last minute is good but the "I live to love you and I love to love you" is a bit ehhh? I'm sure it'll grow on me so don't drag me sisters, I hope the song slays as hard for you as you hoped it would

I later listened to a HQ version and change my mind I was WRONG it's GREAT