ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I really like the slight Middle Eastern/Indian influence (sorry if I'm being culturally inappropriate or whatever, I don't know how to say it) found in both MTWBT and Freak. I really hope that more of the songs on HM will have influences like that.

It's so strange that Honeymoon is such a dreamy, fantasy song (instrumentals sound like a 1950's movie soundtrack or something). So far, HBTB, Freak, and MTWBT have a sinister sound. Obviously more songs will sound mellow like TLY, but I wonder if the differences of these atmospheres mean something, like the end of the Honeymoon phase or something? Or maybe I'm just counting chickens but I find it interesting. Anyways, so far for me: 

(I'd put Freak as equal to MTWBT but I haven't heard the whole song yet so I can't really say)

MTWBT = HM > TLY > HBTB 

I used to like HBTB, but I got kind of tired of it. It's bland imo. 

sgopYhV.gif

I hate when I'm proved wrong. I said before the preview was terrible and now this is my favorite song released so far. It's amazing how  each of Honeymoon songs so far have their own atmosphere and MTWBT is so sensual and exotic, I love it so much.

For me so far: (Freak) MTWBT >> TLY >>> HBTB >>> Honeymoon 

what i wanna know is why her emotion ( :creep:) has been so lacklustre on the tracks this era...TLY is the one song with any remote feeling on it. she sounds bored in HBTB, bored in MTWBT and near comatose on Honeymoon. where is the passion of Cruel World? where is the longing of Without You? give back that fire in your voice, please.

I actually think the emotions of HBTB and MTWBT actually really fit the songs. Both of the songs give off a 'IDGAF' vibe and it works imo. Honeymoon... well that's something different  :toofunny:

These are some of her most emotional tracks yet. What on earth are you guys talking about :toofunny:

"all i wanna do is get high by the beach" "baby baby bye bye" "its not fashionable to love me" "dark blue" :awkney:

TLY is the the most emotional one, the rest are pretty moderate but lana has MANY more emotional songs lmao

"all i wanna do is get high by the beach" "baby baby bye bye" "its not fashionable to love me" "dark blue" :awkney:

TLY is the the most emotional one, the rest are pretty moderate but lana has MANY more emotional songs lmao

You quoted HBTB twice and don't even try to deny the last minute of HM (song) is one of her most emotional moments ever.