ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

In some parts this album is quite Italy inspired, isn't it? Not only Salvatore, but also 24. Am I alone. I actually like her cover of DLMBM

I'm an idiot and not very good with instruments or whatever but the "strumming" sound in the bg of 24 is pretty interesting! It kind of gives me a "foreign" vibe and by that I mean no shade or hate lol. I can't pick what country necessarily but it is different lol. It may be a mixture of different ones to my ear. I can see how one would pick up Italy!

******Edit******

I just listened to DLMBM and I really love that one too. I've always liked that song. I think she did a good job with it!

I don't even know what genre to describe this album as. It was a mixture of so many.

Futuretro muddy trap italian orchestral pop with jazz and gospel influences and a bit of narcoswing rock :hooker:

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

Also tracks 9 to 13 (Religion to Swan Song) is a fucking fantastic consecutive run of tracks that is possibly even better than the first 5 of UV. The second half of HM with the exception of DLMBM simply annihilates the songs officially released so far.

(this is all IMO :))

I feel the same way, listening to those tracks consecutively on the live stream just blew me away, I kept thinking 'ok the next song must be slow' but it wasn't and I was like yassss xD

ok I have a quick question when lana sings " I get down on my knees and pray to you" or something like that does she actually mean a blowjob???

:lolliney:

I kid, I kid lol! :toofunny:

I'm an idiot and not very good with instruments or whatever but the "strumming" sound in the bg of 24 is pretty interesting! It kind of gives me a "foreign" vibe and by that I mean no shade or hate lol. I can't pick what country necessarily but it is different lol. It may be a mixture of different ones to my ear. I can see how one would pick up Italy!

******Edit******

I just listened to DLMBM and I really love that one too. I've always liked that song. I think she did a good job with it!

I guess we can say "Mediterranean".

Okay, I caved in and listened to Art Deco and Freak. It definitely exceeded my expectations. I'm not a huge fan of HM or TLY and I was scared that the whole album was going to sound like those two. I think I may end up liking HM more than UV.

OzrT87f.png

Art Deco is so sexy I think I came and ovulated at the same time 

I think this whole album is pretty sexy TBH! I'm just feeling myself so much listening to the songs! Especially the ones we "got" today.