ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Ok soft ice cream makes much more sense after listening to the song again. It's telling a story and she revisits that part in the bridge and explains it.

The lyrics are actually pretty damn good minus a couple of odd lines here and there.

Can you elaborate on the story aspect? I def get imagery, and I'm not doubting that there is a story, but I can't pick it up

After finishing listening to it all, Salvatore is my clear winner. Can't wait for that shit in HQ!!

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

Just deleted all the recordings. It was nice to listen to them all once, but I can't listen to them all again in LQ w ppl talking over it. These recordings refreshed my excitement for Honeymoon, and I can wait another 5 days.

FzytWEW.png

Just deleted all the recordings. It was nice to listen to them all once, but I can't listen to them all again in LQ w ppl talking over it. These recordings refreshed my excitement for Honeymoon, and I can wait another 5 days.

Exactly what I'm doing. I only wanted to hear them once, to get a feel for the songs, but I just deleted them all because they're all so LQ and every now and then I hear someone pulling a hanger from a rack or a little alarm go off lmao  :toofunny:  But it was nice to hear what the songs sound like. Can't wait for them to slay in HQ!

The Balckest Day is over 6 minutes long yet I can't get enough. It's just wow wow

The best song of her career tbh.

I'm currently only listening Art Decco in repeat and that's it. I want the full HQ to just destroy me.

The Balckest Day is over 6 minutes long yet I can't get enough. It's just wow wow

The best song of her career tbh.

I'm currently only listening Art Decco in repeat and that's it. I want the full HQ to just destroy me.

Can you describe Art Deco?

Can you describe Art Deco?

The closest to Born To Die she's ever going to get. It's an urban alternative pop song with trap elements. Very very sexy.

Just imagined inside out by knee (slightly) slower more sensual urban sounding with no robotic vocals of course.

I should do this, but I don't think I can! :defeated:

Here are my opinions on the songs after listening to the "new" recordings once… 

1. Honeymoon - Don't get the hate for it tbh, it's such a beautiful song and takes me somewhere else!
  2. Music to Watch Boys to - Probably one of my favorite tracks from the whole record. LOVE the lyrics and the exotic vibe it has!
  3. Terrence Loves You - As others have said, it is a very emotional track and it's beautiful, but one of the weaker moments on the record in my opinion.
  4. God Knows I Tried - Sounds like it'll be one of my least favourite moments of the record as well. The lyrics are rather repetitive. Hopefully in HQ it'll slay me though.
  5. High By The Beach - Love the vibe of this song. The beat is a bit amateurish but a nice song overall. My favourite part is the bridge, with that AKA throwback  :flutter:
  6. Freak - I knew this song would slay in full. LOVE IT! That beat makes me wanna take my body downtown, if you know what I mean  :hooker:
  7. Art Deco - For some reason, this song reminds me of JFK but with stronger beats, which I guess makes sense considering they're both produced by Nowels. Love the feel of this one!
  8. Burnt Norton - Love how old-fashioned it feels. Beautiful 
  9. Religion - Don't have much to say about this one yet, as I've only heard all the recordings once and I can hear people taking off hangers and chatting more than the actual song  :deadbanana:
  10. Salvatore - Definitely the standout track to me! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Italian vibe it has. :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  Too bad it was probably inspired by Franny  :toofunny:
  11. The Blackest Day - Sounds like Blue Jeans 2.0 to me, both about the impact of losing a lover, both have very prominent guitar sounds in the instrumental. Love it so far!
  12. 24 - Not feeling this one much just yet, but I'm sure it'll be great once I hear it in HQ. Still don't like the lyrics at all though.
  13. Swan Song - A nice song, but unfortunately suffers from RCS (Repetitive Chorus Syndrome)
  14. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Don't understand why everyone hates this one, it's a great closer and I LOVE the simplistic, jazzy feel it has.

Overall I am IN LOVE with the sound of all these songs and I cannot wait to hear it properly in HQ. I deleted all the LQ recordings (well, except Salvatore because it's just too perf omg :excited: ) because I don't want to grow accustomed to the shitty versions and then have the HQ come out and be disappointed/tired of the songs immediately because I've replayed the snippets a billion times already lol.

I feel like Lana has successfully managed to merge the styles and sounds of each of her previous eras, and I get flashbacks to past songs in almost every new song, which I love. She's created something new, but still has her signature sound.

Kinda think it's funny that all our "dark blue" jokes came true. She literally says blue in like 80% of the songs lmao!   :lmao: