ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Can we all just agree through High by the Beach has NO PLACE BEING ON THIS ALBUM and is a complete filler suited for radio 

A lot of people from GP love it tho when I watch the reactions on Twitter, plus she made a statement about the anti/voyerismus as the centre theme of this album. If I had to cut off certain songs it would be Honeymoon (gorgeous but its out of the place in this album), Burnt Norton (unnecessary), DLMBM (I dont like the muffled vocals, the production is cute tho).

Paradise=Sirens>>BTD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UV=HM tbh

OH MY FUCKING GOD DO YOU LIKE HALSEY ALSO?! I'm sorry but you're fucked up , I cannot respect your opinion

image.png

Ultraviolence just isn't my cup of tea. The production is all over the place.

I do love Brooklyn, Florida, Pretty, Flipside, and Black

I love Ultraviolence, but I also love how it divides the Lana fandom for some reason, like when someone passionately loves it (me!) and someone else passionately dislikes it, it amuses me so much... not in a condescending way, I just get a kick out of how divisive it is as a body of work. 

Can we all just agree through High by the Beach has NO PLACE BEING ON THIS ALBUM and is a complete filler suited for radio 

i actually really like High By The Beach, its music video was iconic and the song is fun and i just love it

And in terms of album rankings, I adore Sirens really a lot, as well as FTE/YLM, but it too me months of intense stanning. On the other end, Paradise leaves me numb. I listen to certain songs repetitively but the overall album concept is... Too... American for me, I don't know. It's like the untouchable 5 for me. And apart from that, the unreleased are definitely superior to any album in my eyes. 

Edit: I forgot AKA, I love the whole concept of the album but there are songs that I really don't listen to, and some songs that I really like but always find something better to hear. 

ZKcaooE.png

A lot of people from GP love it tho when I watch the reactions on Twitter, plus she made a statement about the anti/voyerismus as the centre theme of this album. If I had to cut off certain songs it would be Honeymoon (gorgeous but its out of the place in this album), Burnt Norton (unnecessary), DLMBM (I dont like the muffled vocals, the production is cute tho).

Didn't download in the first place. Never will  :nono:  :nono:

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

Hasley and Taylor for life xx

*washes my eyes out*

*removes the memory of ever reading this in my brain*

*forgets how to read*

*resets computer before it catches a virus*

*jumps out of window of a 3 story building*

It literally can't relate to any other song on the album and doesn't fit at ALL. The bridge is done very well especially with the AKA ref. and all but other than that it's still the worst song on the album

Fair enough, I do not have listened to the album as a whole yet. But I adore the song in itself. I personally immensely relate to it though and I find it extremely empowering, which I agree might not be the case for everyone. To me the worst song would be Honeymoon or Terrence Loves You, I'm really unlucky because every single song Lana considers to be her favourite is usually the one I dislike the most :toofunny:

I actually love Burn Norton :O

I super love it it's gorgeous and haunting

ZKcaooE.png

Ultraviolence just isn't my cup of tea. The production is all over the place.

I do love Brooklyn, Florida, Pretty, Flipside, and Black tho.

_

All y'all putting BTD so low, square up

Born to Die has a few outstanding songs of Lana´s career - VG, BTD, BJ, SS, OTTR - I consider them all to be one of the best pop songs of this decade. Unfortunately with big highs, deep lows come. Half of the album sounds so cheesy, immature and Haynie´s production ties up Lana´s beautiful vocals. 

oh my god sistrens do NOT come for Burnt Norton!!!!! the interlude is all like secret cult-ish and makes me feel like yassss Lana lemme join the illuminati !!!