ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I really do think Lana recorded 24 for the new James Bond film, it's the 24th film in the series so the name fits as well as the production. I wish they would have gone with this over Sam Smith, we could have got a really high quality video for it if the film producers got involved.

My Ranking (from first listen):

1. God Knows I Tried

2. Terrence Loves You

3. The Blackest Day

4. High By The Beach

5. Art Deco

6. Burnt Narton

7. Freak

8. Music To Watch Boys To

9. Swan Song

10. Religion

11. Salvatore

12. 24

13. Honeymoon

14. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Mfhp.gif

I really do think Lana recorded 24 for the new James Bond film, it's the 24th film in the series so the name fits as well as the production. I wish they would have gone with this over Sam Smith, we could have got a really high quality video for it if the film producers got involved.

Yeah it literally embodies what a James Bond song should be.... I think even when we get the reviews, critics are going to pick that up... She would have gone big with this song

For those of us that haven't listened (AKA I'm just curious), is DLMBM as good as/better than TOW?

IMO it's not as good nor better as TOW

This album is so slow. I never thought she could do a slower album as Ultraviolence but this is true. I wonder how slow the next one will be

Mfhp.gif

For those of us that haven't listened (AKA I'm just curious), is DLMBM as good as/better than TOW?

No, DLMBM isn't good in my opinion. It feels like Lana didn't have any true emotion when she was attempting to do her cover  :pft:

IMO it's not as good nor better as TOW

This album is so slow. I never thought she could do a slower album as Ultraviolence but this is true. I wonder how slow the next one will be

She'll probably just hum "blue, blue, blue" on the next album

Sometimes I think Lana set the bar too high for herself when she made Born To Die and Paradise. Everyone knows that Born To Die is perfection. You can literally listen to it from beginning to end without skipping songs. 

I just feel like something is missing in Honeymoon, its good. But something is missing  :whatever: