ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

yes and her single is out for like 4 weeks and her album is coming on oct, 9th. she has a confirmed date. we don't even have a confirmed release date for the 1st single (!) for a record that is supposed to come out in sept. if you don't see the mess there....

Well I mean, at this point she already has two music videos, the name of the record, we know some of the songs, and we know when it's SUPPOSED to release... I mean, we're just waiting on a release DATE, an album cover, and a tracklist. That's it at this point. It'd be different if we were waiting for the name of the album or any of the songs. It's not as bad as the mess that was UV

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

Well I mean, at this point she already has two music videos, the name of the record, we know some of the songs, and we know when it's SUPPOSED to release... I mean, we're just waiting on a release DATE, an album cover, and a tracklist. That's it at this point. It'd be different if we were waiting for the name of the album or any of the songs. It's not as bad as the mess that was UV

Actually, besides the song Honeymoon of which we don't know if it is the first single or not, we don't have any confirmation about any dates, neither single nor album. And that she has two videos: well, great! I hope we see the PWYC video one day. 

I know that UV was a mess of an era, but I actually feel like this era hasn't started badly yet.

I actually think they're taking things slow this time and they might actually be planning everything properly. I mean the song Honeymoon came out, but there was nothing said about it being a lead single, its just there to create excitement and a bit of buzz about the album. Nothing has really been said about a lead single coming out anytime soon, although I imagine it will be out soon, otherwise the hype will die down. I take album dates with a pinch of salt as they never happen. I'm not being quick to call this era a mess because I don't feel enough has happened yet, Honeymoon hasn't been released for that long, I think we're just impatient now as Lana has been speaking about the album for months on end. She's not the only artist to speak about music too soon though. I'm hoping that after the last era, the label are really taking control of everything and it will be much smoother.

qsVmBMd.png

she disappeared like this though right before the endless summer tour.. THEN SHE SLAYED US WITH NOT ONLY AN AMAZING STAGE SET UP BUT UNRELEASED SONGS 

.. the wait is killing me ! but I'm really really hoping that it means something GOOD 

i really trust lana tbh. like album wise at least. so far she has yet to disappoint me album wise. 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I really feel like Lana is finally excited about putting out her new album, but Interscope doesn't care. She's seemed more excited online (at least on Instagram) and she seems to like the work, but Interscope isn't saying or doing shit. I think there are a lot of angry and frustrated conversations happening behind the scenes.

I hope she brings Mandler or Woodkid back for a video this era. Neil directs pretty cool videos as well.

I have been waiting for a Woodkid video since the UV era started, he and Lana make such amazing videos :oprah:

Calm down. It's been like what, 2 weeks? Do you really expect the album or at least the full info on the album two weeks after a song is put on YouTube (and not even sold on iTunes???) Selena Gomez announced her new album about 2-3 weeks after the first single released so chill the fuck out and don't rush her or it'll get delayed into December like Tropico

Calm down :D I don't really know  much about Selena but I'm sure she announced a date for her official single and then Interscope released on itunes, apple music, spotify and so on. She also did some radio interviews in support of her single and posted some previews of the clip even before the announcement of her new album.

While Lana just created an instagram account for her new album, posted a song all of sudden on her private account and then didn't say a word about it. It's really different, don't you see? At least with WC she premiered on BBCRADIO1, it was an official first single and you could actually buy it or listen on spotify,  at the end it was a more traditional release. While everything about HM release is confusing. 

My theory is she wants a September release, but the label isn't on board and she's trying to force it to happen. Announcing publicly that it was coming in September. Putting out a half-assed video of Honeymoon on Youtube (which I still think she did against Interscope's wishes). Promoting it through an Instagram. They probably want to release the album later in the year.

She always has a song or two that aren't about love, like in BTD she had Radio, Carmen, and TIWMUG. In Paradise she had Ride and G&M. In UV she had MPG and FMWUTTT. So I think she'll have two or three songs about something else

Let's not forget her unreleased songs like Hollywood's Dead, Hollywood, Summer of Sam, Boarding School, Delicious... that don't speak about love, and there are quite a few that don't explicitly talk about bad boys, such as True Love on the Side (which actually talks about her being the bad girl this time), Kinda Outta Luck (her daddy might mean a sugar daddy and not a gangster like all the time) and Playing Dangerous (the guy's a cop lmao).

The thing is: Lana can't force shit since she is signed to Interscope. They are her boss. If they have decided to release it later on, it will be released later on. Their main focus now is Selena. She has a top10 single now and she has been signed recently to Interscope. She has potential and has not peaked yet. 

Lana however has. And they have probably heard the material. Idk why she should push a September release like some here say since she ain't doing anything anyway to keep an album afloat. 

The thing is: Lana can't force shit since she is signed to Interscope. They are her boss. If they have decided to release it later on, it will be released later on. Their main focus now is Selena. She has a top10 single now and she has been signed recently to Interscope. She has potential and has not peaked yet. 

Lana however has. And they have probably heard the material. Idk why she should push a September release like some here say since she ain't doing anything anyway to keep an album afloat. 

TBH she wouldnt have released Honeymoon (the song) if the label wasnt on board with her. I mean they didnt want to release UV before the release of WC, and everything, until Paul Epworth didnt want to change the songs. So yeah she cant force anything, they are probably with her this time if they let her to release honeymoon as an intro to the album. They can focus on 2 artist tho, Selena is not even that big. In 2013 Eminem and Gaga released like the same week so your theory of 2 artist cannot collide with promotion and shit, is not true. 

Yes, as much as I don't want to agree, (Lana - peaked),Cannot hide the truth. This might be quite true indeed. (BTD to UV to HM..)

Doesn't mean she can't still put out some great songs from time to time..tho.. the greatest songs..

Maybe Interscope doesn't see HM as a commercially viable huge revenue producing machine.. like BTD was..

And true- I have never listened or really even heard anything much about Selena G, until I did hear 'Good for you', and loved the song and style.

(I mentioned somewhere, something about Lana doing that song, for me IMHO- would have sounded great.. maybe a few different lyrics here and there),

but anyway, looking more at selena, she really is getting huge right now. (on media anyway..), and now with this single of hers.. shes making big ripple

waves in the music world ocean. I couldn't beleive the amount of views her single made so fast.. and all her subscribers, etc..she is very well known. LOL.

Lana is a strong minded lady too, and im sure some of the label people are hard to convince as well, so probably some head butting going on a little as well..

Oh well, at the end of the day- Lana does her stuff for her right? and me and you.. :)

Ok since some of you have been sharing dreams about honeymoon related dreams and they're the closest thing we have to any news right now, I though I would share one that I had.

This dream was a couple days before Burnt Norton was registered. So I was in the back of a car, and there were two people dressed in all black in the front. They drove to this big, mansion-like house, which was blasting this lana song, but I didn't know it, so it was a new song. It sounded kind of like Cruel World mixed with Honeymoon (the song), with some loud guitars but also some parts with very soft instrumentals with violins and other more melodic instruments, which kind of reminds me of that "soft grunge" description she gave us earlier. Then, out of nowhere Lana just walked out of the house and came outside running to the car, and she got in. She seemed to know the people in the front, but they drove away to some weird, deserted place. Then they locked the doors and threatened to kidnap her if she did not give us the new song. But then I CONVINCED them to just let her go without making her give us the song. :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  and then I woke up pissed of at myself because we could have had a new song from her  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

But anyways, after that dream, I saw the picture that china.palace account posted which says BURNT NORTON and it looked just like the place I had seen in my dream, and then I later discovered that Burnt Norton was a new song she had registered. So maybe Burnt Norton sounds like that "majestic choruses, beautiful orchestrations, a type of 1950s vibe with a bit of soft grunge" description that she gave us earlier and I've already heard a part of it in my dream??/ I know this is reaching but we're all desperate anyways  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny: 

Music to be alright to v

Ok since some of you have been sharing dreams about honeymoon related dreams and they're the closest thing we have to any news right now, I though I would share one that I had.

This dream was a couple days before Burnt Norton was registered. So I was in the back of a car, and there were two people dressed in all black in the front. They drove to this big, mansion-like house, which was blasting this lana song, but I didn't know it, so it was a new song. It sounded kind of like Cruel World mixed with Honeymoon (the song), with some loud guitars but also some parts with very soft instrumentals with violins and other more melodic instruments, which kind of reminds me of that "soft grunge" description she gave us earlier. Then, out of nowhere Lana just walked out of the house and came outside running to the car, and she got in. She seemed to know the people in the front, but they drove away to some weird, deserted place. Then they locked the doors and threatened to kidnap her if she did not give us the new song. But then I CONVINCED them to just let her go without making her give us the song. :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  and then I woke up pissed of at myself because we could have had a new song from her  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

But anyways, after that dream, I saw the picture that china.palace account posted which says BURNT NORTON and it looked just like the place I had seen in my dream, and then I later discovered that Burnt Norton was a new song she had registered. So maybe Burnt Norton sounds like that "majestic choruses, beautiful orchestrations, a type of 1950s vibe with a bit of soft grunge" description that she gave us earlier and I've already heard a part of it in my dream??/ I know this is reaching but we're all desperate anyways  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny: 

Music to be alright to v