Myriam

Do you think Lana still does drugs?

Guest SolomonDelRey

We're all going to Hell if she's completely sober

:cracks up:

She couldn't be, it would be a lot more noticeable, she wouldn't be so awkward and shy around people. I mean look at Paula Abdul, Amy whinehouse, and even Lindsay lohan around their period of drug use. It's obvious, they behave absolutely insanely. Where as Lana is a very timid well behaved girl. It would certainly be noticeable if she was on any heavy drugs, (not including marijuana because she would continue to be mellow, plus it wouldn't have any physical effects on her appearance).

i think she doesn`t, but i`m wondering will she start when she won`t be able to control the stress

that being famous brings along. yo all know that she is being pretty nice to her fans, paparazzi `n` all,

but one day she`ll break, it`s common to all celebrities.

i think she doesn`t, but i`m wondering will she start when she won`t be able to control the stress

that being famous brings along. yo all know that she is being pretty nice to her fans, paparazzi `n` all,

but one day she`ll break, it`s common to all celebrities.

Wouldn't she already have started then? She's been in the spotlight for about a year now. Unless she get's more famous in the future though.

last.fm  

I personally think that she's clean. She mentioned in an interview that when a boyfriend of her's went on the dangerous path, they had to split. Also, I just don't think that she would continue doing them if they're something that remind her of the dark time in her life, but that's my opinion.

BOFd6zX.png

I don't think she's on drugs. But sometimes I do worry about her. I always think she's a tortured genius/tortured artist type, having gone through so much pain that would have completely broken a "normal" person.

The theory I have about tortured artists is that among everyone who goes through this much suffering, a lot of them break down, become dysfunctional, or worse committed suicide sadly, but some among the few that remain strong use creative arts as a survival mechanism mentally, to strenuously create work of art as a way to make sense of the absurd world around them. "Normal" (I use quotes because I don't think there is really a real normal way) people get up every day, go to work and don't have to think much to "make sense of the world", but tortured artists don't have that luxury. Kind of like people who have to use a lot of physical force to survive in rural/poor areas (those who have to walk/run miles to go to school in their childhood, those who have to carry heavy weights, wade waters and climb mountains for everyday survival) may become great athletes in their adulthood because their physical training comes naturally. In this way artists like Winehouse and Lana (and all the "classical" tortured artists that I don't need to name here) become so creative because from an early age they must use artistic imagination constantly just to get by, to not completely become "insane" or "lose it".

But sometimes even art is not enough, that's why drug addiction and suicides still happen unfortunately. I personally think Lana knows how to manage it and she's a strong woman. But sometimes I still worry

wtf...?

If I remember correctly, I think she once mentioned that she would post ads on Craigslist saying she'd do anything "cleaning houses etc" for 100$. I'm not sure tho, but I do remember being very uncomofortable when reading that lol

edit: Found em:

What did you do for work while you trying to break into singing?

I did a couple of things, I did a website called Craigslist and I would just sort of look online for $100 jobs. Like, people will pay you $100 to do different things around the house or drive someone to New Jersey.

That's pretty brave. You can find some fucked-up stuff on Craigslist. How did you know which ones were legit?

I mean, you often don't know until you get there.

Did you ever get into trouble with that?

[Laughs] If I did, I wouldn't tell you! Let me ask you a question, do you like my music or not?

Read more at http://www.oystermag.com/lana-del-rey-interview#Hx7Bwjbv7WwR0sOX.99

pther mention:

working random Craigslist jobs to fund it. “I would move people, paint houses, wear sports jackets for pictures in truck magazines. It felt like fighting for survival for such a long time. No money, no place to live – I’ve been in more dangerous situations than other people,” she says, cagily. 

Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/radar-band-of-the-week-no62-lana-del-rey#Q5coR8OOhggDpITR.99

:smokes:

I doubt she is on drugs or has ever been on them. Her family are too close-knit - Rob is basically her chaperone. Remember, there was quite a bit of 'poetic licensing' going on with Lana's biography, whether that be down to her or her management, when she first rose to fame - a lot of what was said in initial interviews etc has been proven to be untrue or fabricated.

I doubt she is on drugs or has ever been on them. Her family are too close-knit 

noooo she definitely has, having a close knit family doesnt stop you, its easy to hide (personal experience)  :creep: 

i dont think she was ever a junkie, but theres no doubt in my mind that she used drugs - probably more along the lines of weed/cocaine/ecstasy/lsd rather than any hardcore drugs

she probably still smokes weed but thats not really a drug in my opinion

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif