naachoboy

Kali Uchis

18 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

are the singles an accurate depiction of the album?

hmmm 

yes in the sense that the singles demonstrate kali's ability to take her influences and experiment with those genres that are familiar to her but not as present in her discography,

and no because everything on the album sounds completely different compared to the singles, lots of different genres that she pulled from, however, it's all very classic Kali. It's interesting to me how she managed to balance her most commercial aspects within her most versatile album, the last track especially sounds like a surefire hit, but you wouldn't guess that the rest of the album sounds completely different from it. :defeated:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, sweetener said:

hmmm 

yes in the sense that the singles demonstrate kali's ability to take her influences and experiment with those genres that are familiar to her but not as present in her discography,

and no because everything on the album sounds completely different compared to the singles, lots of different genres that she pulled from, however, it's all very classic Kali. It's interesting to me how she managed to balance her most commercial aspects within her most versatile album, the last track especially sounds like a surefire hit, but you wouldn't guess that the rest of the album sounds completely different from it. :defeated:

omfg I'm so excited now I know this is gonna be her best so far :defeated:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Ahhh so excited!! And Yeah the singles weren’t the best IMO except Te Mata, Muñequita was cute tho and Labios Mordidos COULDVE been good but I think the verses need to be re arranged, with the first one being removed cuz it sounded good on tour and Karol’s part also wasn’t bad but it didn’t flow well

Ahhh I’m so happy for her :defeated:

also I’m listening to the album now (totally forgot to listen to it at midnight even tho I was awake sksksks) and let me tell u.. I *hated* the singles- they were NOT for me whatsoever- but oh my godddd so far the other tracks on the album are amazing ?!?! 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Ahh happy to see she’s pregnant, because I’m also pregnant with my first, just found out on New Year’s Day 🩷🥰 excited for the album tonight!!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

21 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Congratulations!!!! :trisha:

Thank you so much! 😊 I’m 37 and I really never thought I’d become a parent, but here we are lol

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

1 hour ago, maysparkle said:

Ahh happy to see she’s pregnant, because I’m also pregnant with my first, just found out on New Year’s Day 🩷🥰 excited for the album tonight!!

omg!! congratulations! :kiss:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

i can’t stop replaying track 1… its my fave atm such great production & a total vibe. also really digging how she remixed No Hay Ley- the new production is great and the Rauw Alejandro verse is fireeeee :defeated:

Igual Que Un Angel, Diosa & Heladito are also amazingggggggg.

the production across the whole album feels like a major step up from RMIV. It’s beautifulll

its very close to Sin Miedo for me tbh.. in terms of quality & how beautiful it is. Verrry pleasantly surprised bc I did nottttt vibe w the singles :trisha: 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

3 hours ago, maysparkle said:

congrats omgg:oprah:

you will be an absolutely amazing mother