Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Azealia Banks Not Okay With Gay Men Using the Word 'Bitch'

Azealia Banks is always one to complain about being opressed, however she herself uses slurs like she wants to and keeps lashing out at other people. Hell, she even posted this immigrant thing were she said she didn't really care for them because she considers her own problems more important.

She's such an awful person (even though her music's good)

She may not be wrong with the statement, but considering her own double-standards it's pathetic.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This should finally prove that her mind is not really above the level of any "classic" white bigot.

I mean, I can understand SOME of her points - the "rant" she had late last year about the appropriation of black culture by people like Igloo was valid. but saying whiteness is a mental illness + white people need to be "cured" of it is just utterly disgusting and something on a Nazi-esque level. I've lost all my understanding for her, she is a nasty individual.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I mean, I can understand SOME of her points - the "rant" she had late last year about the appropriation of black culture by people like Igloo was valid. but saying whiteness is a mental illness + white people need to be "cured" of it is just utterly disgusting and something on a Nazi-esque level. I've lost all my understanding for her, she is a nasty individual.

Her complains about appropriation sound liek anyone would be obligated to ONLY stick to his own culture, which is bullsh*t aswell

Her complains about appropriation sound liek anyone would be obligated to ONLY stick to his own culture, which is bullsh*t aswell

i can understand your point, but what i mean is about how white culture tends to appropriate the culture of "lesser" peoples. black people are told almost everyday that cornrows are disgusting, for example, yet someone like Kylie Jenner wears cornrows and it's considered high fashion. rap music is seen as being a lowly, trashy and "urban" music style, yet Iggy is (or was - the tide has turned on her severely) praised for her rapping "skills". of course, there is a difference between cultural appropriation and cultural appreciation - eating chinese food, for example, is not at all racist.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i can understand your point, but what i mean is about how white culture tends to appropriate the culture of "lesser" peoples. black people are told almost everyday that cornrows are disgusting, for example, yet someone like Kylie Jenner wears cornrows and it's considered high fashion. rap music is seen as being a lowly, trashy and "urban" music style, yet Iggy is (or was - the tide has turned on her severely) praised for her rapping "skills". of course, there is a difference between cultural appropriation and cultural appreciation - eating chinese food, for example, is not at all racist.

I think there is a small border between calling something racist or talking about stereotypes.

You are right, those double standarts are horrible, but people tend to cry "CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!" because of so many stupid things ... someone doing Bollywood-influenced music, someone wearing a Kimono etc. etc. I doubt a person with dread locks would condemn someone else for having them. It's a problem with the society which causes this double-standart, but attacking a person for wearing a "classic black hairstyle" is as stupid as attacking a black person for wearing bavarian leather-pants.

As long as you are not belittering the image of a culture or stereotyping I can't see teh "offensive" aspects in many of these things. I can see why people are upset about Lana's use of the war bonnet. It's a video about all amrican clichees you can find (talking about the WHITE american society) and then she uses this war bonnet, which was holy to a culture the white americans destroyed.

But people are extremely over-sensetive in many cases and it seems like they more likely promote cultural seperation than a world without racism.

And back to the topic, even if Azealia may be right with some things, it's impossible to take them serious if tehy come out of her mouth because she also talks a lot of extremely severe bullsh*t, has double standards af and only cries "opression!" in the second it really considers her (or at least if she THINKS she is pressed). I hate to use the word, because it usually is just used by racist idiots, but in her case I sometimes really think "Oh my god, now she pulls the gender/race card again". Because if you consider the way she acts, it sometimes seems like she just wants to throw a mantra and then brings up really serious topics.

I think there is a small border between calling something racist or talking about stereotypes.

You are right, those double standarts are horrible, but people tend to cry "CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!" because of so many stupid things ... someone doing Bollywood-influenced music, someone wearing a Kimono etc. etc. I doubt a person with dread locks would condemn someone else for having them. It's a problem with the society which causes this double-standart, but attacking a person for wearing a "classic black hairstyle" is as stupid as attacking a black person for wearing bavarian leather-pants.

As long as you are not belittering the image of a culture or stereotyping I can't see teh "offensive" aspects in many of these things. I can see why people are upset about Lana's use of the war bonnet. It's a video about all amrican clichees you can find (talking about the WHITE american society) and then she uses this war bonnet, which was holy to a culture the white americans destroyed.

But people are extremely over-sensetive in many cases and it seems like they more likely promote cultural seperation than a world without racism.

And back to the topic, even if Azealia may be right with some things, it's impossible to take them serious if tehy come out of her mouth because she also talks a lot of extremely severe bullsh*t, has double standards af and only cries "opression!" in the second it really considers her (or at least if she THINKS she is pressed). I hate to use the word, because it usually is just used by racist idiots, but in her case I sometimes really think "Oh my god, now she pulls the gender/race card again". Because if you consider the way she acts, it sometimes seems like she just wants to throw a mantra and then brings up really serious topics.

i completely agree with the bolded part, Azealia is more of a hindrance to all progressive movements than a benefit. 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I've only heard of Azealia calling white men and Pharrell (which isn't much of a difference) faggots, so I remain pretty unbothered.com

ah well, that's okay then 

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

She's right about this. I don't like men calling me a bitch, period. I don't care if you're gay or straight. And saying that men have the right to use it because it's used against men is faulty logic, when the only reason it's used as an insult towards men is to imply that they're inferior for acting like women. 

With that said Azealia is trash. She uses all of the same tactics that she says men and white people use to oppress her to silence others. She does the same derailing and uses the same arguments to justify her homophobia that men use to justify their sexism and racists use to justify their racism. And she was on Instagram like a day ago making racist jokes against Latinos saying they look like they floated to America on a raft and shit like that, but you can bet that if someone dissed her with a joke using black stereotypes she would flip her shit. She's a hypocrite.

149o3h3.jpg

I got in a stupid argument with her on Twitter and I was so turned off that I sold the ticket I bought for her concert heh. I was like "finally, an artist who replied to my tweet, but why isn't Lana?

I tried to separate the artist of the too-often-irrelevent-everyday-life-Azealia-Banks, but I couldn't.

Boohoo. Y'all already know she's like this when people attack her so why even cause the drama? She's an artist, not your friend or some kind of advocate.

I get ur point but she cant keep ranting "poor me" then shitting all over other people but yeah she aint no where close to a role model. people shouldnt take this shit so seriously

Boohoo. Y'all already know she's like this when people attack her so why even cause the drama? She's an artist, not your friend or some kind of advocate.

Yeah, boohoohoo, $97 more in my pockets to see other (better) artists.

I get ur point but she cant keep ranting "poor me" then shitting all over other people but yeah she aint no where close to a role model. people shouldnt take this shit so seriously

Maybe people should stop calling her a :), dyke, bitch, cunt, whore, etc. then maybe she would stop saying faggot? It's literally common sense that a lot of these people are lacking in those tweets against her. She's clearly lashing out because people are attacking her.

Yeah, boohoohoo, $97 more in my pockets to see other (better) artists.

Great for you, you shouldn't have bought a ticket to begin with. What she's doing isn't new or even new for her.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Great for you, you shouldn't have bought a ticket to begin with. What she's doing isn't new or even new for her.

I should have bought the ticket and avoid following her on twitter. My mistake. I knew if I'd keep following her, I would lose interest because of her attitude and the way she chooses to express herself, which I found often very rude and disrespectful, even though she's also interesting and super funny. She has pertinent things to say about racism, subtleties that I never noticed before and I'm glad she got me interested in knowing more about what was the situation right now, compared to the hell I lived in elementary school being the only black. Somehow, I wanted to avoid the question (racism) to forget a difficult past.

I don't hate her, I don't have hard feelings against her and I honestly wish her the best. It's not because someone that I like is rude with me that I'm gonna start crying or hate this person. It was the accumulation of her negativity that got me uninterested. Her career won't be over because of me reselling my ticket, I'm not gonna cry because I'm not interested in an artist anymore when there are zillions other great ones and the girl who bought my ticket was so happy to be able to go, so no drama here.