Fluorine

Purity Ring

WOMB is fucking amazing. Rubyinsides is my fav, I knew it would be from the preview. And god those titles. They always deliver so much more than one expects.

Sinew sounds like Shrines, I LOVE that. I love Womb combined the best from Shrines and Another Eternity

Also, they held an AMA for popheads reddit. I WAS ABLE TO TALK TO THEM

Here are my questions:

Are you happy about Immortal Flame being featured for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius? From the very first time I heard Ungirthed in 2011 (back in the 2010s I used to find new sounds through blogs and I discovered you through Stereogum! ) and I saw your visuals, I felt a special harmony with JRPGs in general. Your aesthetics are ethereal and mystical and I always wondered if you draw inspiration from video games... if you do, what do you play? What are your favorites?

Will you ever consider releasing demos or unreleased songs? Many people in this sub said to ask about Bitter Rhymes but I’m more interested in obscure stuff! Like Saltruss Saltruss

What are some artists you would dream of collaborating with? And what are some artists that you would recommend your fans giving a listen? I personally would love you guys working with Woodkid, Active Child and Owen Pallett to name a few!

Finally, “Purity Ring” is one of the best names I have ever seen for a work of art, and the music really feels like that. Ethereal, mystical, sacred yet obscure. It’s amazing. How do you guys come up with names of the songs? Do you work first on the lyrics or the music? Do the titles come first or last?

to which they replied:

hi amilcar! thank you for the kind words :)

yess i'm a huge fan of final fantasy so it was definitely cool to have a song i produced be featured.

i love a lot of JRPG's and have been inspired by their soundtracks over the years. my favs have been FFX, FFIV, skies of arcadia, persona, chrono trigger, pokemon red/blue

I KNEW they were gamers. Ugh I love them. I replied

PLEASE try Valkyrie Profile. You will ♡ it! I’m biased cause it’s my favorite game in the world but it’s such an evergreen classic. All amazing games the one you mentioned. Thanks for replying! I will always be by you guys :)

and then they replied

looks awesome, will do! anyone else have (j)rpg recommends?

wow vehemence  :toofunny:  so beautiful. gonna have to break in this album a little (how can anything top another eternity) but purity ring's ability to create almost tangible, real space through sound is so cool. blows me away with every album.